TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

If you owned your home park (s)...

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I owned Carowinds...

*I would tear down Hurler and replace it with an Intamin Prefab Woodie(Balder clone).

*I would put in an Intamin Rocket and a B&M Hyper.

*I would also put in some good flats like an S&S Screamin' Swing, a Top Spin, and a Frisbee.

*I would re-build Drop Zone, making it taller and quieter.

*Last but not least, I would give Nighthawk a new paint job.

Kings Island:

Nick U.

-Kids area is fine.

-Give a few more flats

Rivertown

-Add the new B&M hyper

-Fix TR:TR

-Clean up/add on to WWC

Coney Mall

-Put in a chairlift from Vortex to Octoberfest

-Take out Action theater and put a Wild Mouse/Spinning coaster in its place

Octoberfest-Add the chairlift

-Clean up Adventure Express

Action Zone

-Give better names

-Try to fix SOB/make ride more enjoyable

-New paint for Flight Deck

International Street

I think it looks fine

Boomerang Bay

-Put in speed slides

-Put in some new pro slide

X-Base

-New thrill ride, maybe one of those Sky-Swat things

I would bring back the old CGA & all its very missed rides:

-The Edge

-Triple Play

-Greased Lightnin (Tidal Wave)

-Stealth

-The Whizzer

-Yankee Clipper (water ride that ran alongside Loggers Run)

-The Lobster (flat ride that was by Tidal Wave)

-Triple Wheel

-Put in a coaster in place of the Grizzly that would break world records

-Put in an indoor launch in place of Physco Mouse

-Make Boomerang Bay more interesting

I'm with FeeltheForce. Give us the B&M Already!

Kennywood is one of the more "perfect" parks in my opinion (I'm biased) and other then that much wanted/promised B&M I can't think of much I'd like to see changed. Perhaps adding in another dark-ride saved from another park but other then buying out land for expansion room I can't think of anything I'd change there for normal park operations.

Their Phantom Fight Nights however, I'd bribe some of those nutballs out of Universal and up the bar on the event. Make it over 16 only, alcohol and just push that envlope as far as I can possibly get away with!

Now Idlewild, on the other hand....

-Completely Re-vamp Rollo-Coaster

-New Paint on EVERYTHING

-Add in a few more Flat Thrill Rides (Swinging Chairs, Gravatron, Wave..)

-Add in a small B&M (If Dorney can squeeze in Talon, so can Ildewild)

-At least one more family flat ride (Was thinking something interactive, like MIB or Buzz Lightyear)

..at least in my dream world it'd work like that!

If money was no problem and I owned a park, it would be based on the grounds of De Eftling in Holland and Dollywood. Both have outstanding theming and are located in woods.

i'll buy SBNO woodies e.g Blue Streak from CLP, Screechin Eagle and if the owners would not sell them to me, I'll ask Gravity Group to create copies and add some long gone woodies: "Flyer Comet" from Whalom Park and "Wildcat" from Idora.

Steel coasters by B&M inc flying with a double Pretzel Loop back to back, launched steel. Inverted, stand-up and a 5,000ft mine train with

inter-locking lifts and helix's.

Tons of flat rides, both old and new style, train, water and chair lifts rides, dark rides and a very scary ghost train with real actor's instead of animated or dolls.

Canada's Wonderland I guess would be my home park since it's the closest. These days I am able to last maybe half a day before I get bored. It's nice for something to do but the coaster's are so small. Things are looking up with the addition of Behemoth but I think that I would look at replacing some of the coasters, Minebuster and Wilde Beast are just too rough for my aging bod these days. I would look at adding a B&M invert and maybe an Intamin prefab woodie like El Toro. Hmmm, while I am at it I would just create a B&M/Intamin coaster park, one of each of their models.

Park: California's Great America

Additions:

Remove all Hanna Barbara theming and replace with Nickelodeon theming

Remove the current Nickelodeon Central area and retheme it back to a new Splat City with new slime mining theme and add 2 new rides: the Splat-O-Sphere, exactly like the MOA one, except the vehicle is launched upwards and once it hits the top, a plume of water is shot out of the top, and the Nickelodeon Flying Super Saturator, a new version of the current one in Carowinds with flyovers above the new Slime Zone. The Splat-O-Sphere would be located where the current Treetop Lookout is, while the Flying Super Saturator would be located where the current Nickelodeon Theater is.

Relocate Dora's Dune Buggies to current space occupied by the Cement Mixer in Kidzville (now Nickelodeon Central)

Annex Loggers Run into Nickelodeon Central and retheme it to Green Slime Falls with green dye in the water and new Slime Mining theming.

Remove the Grizzly and use as firewood

Replace Grizzly with a new Flying Coaster with a jungle theme

Retheme Psycho Mouse and enclose to create the Spongebob Squarepants Crash Course Boating School, reroute entrance to Nick Central

Remove Thunder Raceway and add new Bikini Bottom themed landscape and Meet and Greet area.

Annex Survivor, Drop Zone, and new Flying Coaster into a new Jungle themed area

Retheme Centrifuge to Danny Phantom's Ghost Zone and enclose

Retheme Barney Oldfield Speedway to California Cruisers and add new landscaping around current ride track

Turn half of Kidzville into Nick Jr. Village with Nick Jr. rides and turn other half into Nicktoons Central with general Nicktoon rides along with Danny Phantom's Ghost Zone, Crash Course Boating School, and Spongebob's Boatmobiles, now Jimmy Neutron's Atomic Collider

Remove all Midway areas inside Drop Zone area and replace with FireFall (moved from current location)

Rename Vortex as California Cyclone

Add the New Wooden Rollercoaster around and behind IMAX theater with the name Santa Clara Stampede

Remove Xtreme Skyflyer and surrounding area and replace with mini wooden rollercoaster named Pony Express as Stampede's cousin coaster

Lower Parking to 8.00$

Lower Food Prices by a dollar or two

Add more unique merchandise

create unique background music loops for each area except Nick Central, which will be given multiple background loops, one for Splat City section, One for Nicktoons Central, and one for Nick Jr. Village

Marineland in Niagara Falls

-Finish Dragon Mountain

-Start/Finish the Aquarium Complex

-Add some kind of transportation around the park (sky ride would work nice)

-Add some more restaurants, shops, and games along barren midways

-Install a lighting system in the park so they can stay open later

-Add some kind of new junior coaster

-Make a river starting at base of Dragon Mountain Falls and circle around the park of the park (this would be for an old rumored river boat ride). The ride would end with getting very close to the water fall, just like a mini maid of the mist

-Themed log flume or rapids ride

-Add a few flat rides

-Add a swimming with dolphin experience

-Hyper coaster, tallest in Canada, named Leviathan, tag line: Suck on that Cedar Fair

All over several years of course

Dixie Landin'/ Blue Bayou

-I would buy lots, and lots, and lots of land to grow and expand

-I would continue to operate it at it's current locaton

-After we have saved up enough money, I would move DL to it's new location

At it's new location:

-I would bring all of the rides to it's new location

-I would like to add A LOT of flats

-I would want to add a new Gravity Group Woodie

-I would add a lot of trees, plants, flowers

-I would add a couple more restuarants, and gift shops

-I would add a man made lake

-Add an S&S Sky Swat

-Add a real steam locomotive

-I would want a QBot system to eliminate wait times

-I would want couple (8 or so) game and a Ten Point Challenge

-I would add a couple more Drink Stalls and Bathrooms

-I would line up a MAJOR Summer concert series

-Build a giant Stadium to house shows, concerts, etc.

Blue Bayou:

-Add a DELUGE Water Slide

-Bring current slides to new location

-Add more life guards

-Inforce no smoking policy throuhout both parks

-Have BB open with DL at the same time

-Add a larger wave pool

-Add more kiddie areas

-Add much, much more shading

-Add more food areas

Thanks about it. For now!

-Tatum

If I owned KI:

- Bring back 11pm closes on Saturday

- Add a Peanuts section, even if the Nickelodeon Universe remains

- Lower parking prices

- Lower soft drink prices

- Remove the Crypt/Tomb Raider

- Replace the trains on Racer and Beast with new PTCs... no headrests.

- Repaint Racer to its classic paint scheme.

- Since there is a B&M Hyper supposedly coming in '09, I'd maybe go with Intamin for a subsequent coaster, like Maverick

- Large Ferris Wheel

- More sit-down eating

- Revamp Coney Mall: bring back gingko trees, replace asphalt w/concrete, and give the area retro 60s feel. Remove games stands in the median, relocate to other places along the outside of the midway.

- Redevelop/retheme Action Zone. Paramount gave it the atmosphere of a carnival with permanent rides. Cedar Fair might be sprucing it up some, but it still has some tackiness.

- Try to bring back the old German/Bavarian theme to Oktoberfest. Like KIMan said, add a Sky Ride, possibly between Oktoberfest and Coney Mall.

• 1 month later...

If I owned Carowinds....

-Replace turnaround on the Hurler with an overbanked turn.

-Extensive retracking on Hurler.

-Repaint Afterburn

-Repaint Nighthawk purple and black

-Add Tak and The Power of JuJu themed Airboat ride to Nick Central

-Close park at 10 pm every night during the summer

-Add new Master Blaster type ride in Boomerang Bay

-Add Top Spin to Country Fair area of the park

-Add a B&M Hyper coaster next to Hurler

-Repaint Carolina Cyclone to it's original Red

-Repaint Thunder Road to it's original colors

-Add a new show in the Carowinds theatre

-Add Back at the Barnyard themed Frog Hopper ride to Nick Central

-Add Huss Giant Frisbee to Action Zone

-Replace old Hurler trains with new GCI trains

-Add new show in Nick Central

-Replace the Action Zone Theater with a new restaurant, a Carnival-like maze, and a Carny themed dark ride

-Revamp the park entrance and convert Vortex to floorless(hey a man can dream. lol)

-Lower parking by $2

-Add a Tornado slide in the Waterpark

That's all I have

Busch Gardens Africa:

- Replace tidal wave with a dark ride in its placed

- Re-theme Log flumes with animals

- Put one or more family flat rides in Jungala (like a swinging ride, etc)

- Expand more the 4d theater with a better show and theme

- Take out water portion of Rhino Rally and just add a cave with animals

- Take out Land of the Dragons and put a stadium for concerts, and big shows on the gwazi field (taking some space where LOD is)

- Add an Aquatrax in the bird gardens area. Along with a flat ride and animal interaction.

- Make a junior Gwazi for kids along with a few kiddie rides.

- Replace the PTC trains of Gwazi with Millennium Flyers.

- Take out Sandstorm, Scorpion, Phoenix, the 3 kiddie rides, and the carousel along with some games and the oasis snack area in the Timbuktu area and build an intamin launching coaster

- Also put a Huss Frisbee in the TBT area.

- Take out Kenya Kanteen and curiosity caverns and move the nursery slightly to make a new and big Restaurant with big restrooms.

- Put the rhino in front of RR back to the veldt and buil anothe kids area with playgrounds

- Take the crown colony and re-theme it to an Egyptian theme

- Take out the old train station, along with king tuts tomb in Egypt and bring back the camels back there.

- Make a unique dark and fun experience at the old pace where arkbar use to be, and make a new gift shop. Or put a big Carousel theme to Egypt with neat effects and music

- Put a huge wall along the train tracks and 30th street (for god sakes)

-Add more animals to the veldt.

- Either take out Cheetah Chase and replace it with a new family coaster or Re-theme cheetah chase so the ugly supports do not show so much.

- Re-model the Stanleyville stage with a permanent show.

- Re do the sky ride station

- Make all shows fit the theme

- Better Gardens through out the park.

- Better uniforms (both comfortable and more appealing)

- And top it off with a new B&M hyper Extending out from the Congo

Did I miss something??? lol

^I know it's how you would run BGA, but do you think taking out seven rides and two food stalls for one roller coaster is a good idea? They only have about 17 - 20 rides, so that's over a third of their rides. Let's put this in a different view: Would you support Cedar Point for taking out over half of their flat rides and Wildcat or even Corkscrew for another Intamin?

If I owned Kennywood, I would:

-Build a steel roller coaster (B&M or Intamin will do) that will take advantage of the land Kennywood bought a few years ago.

-Develop said land into a functional part of Kennywood.

-Re-theme Garfield's Nightmare

-Bring back the Bayern Kurve

-Put a new roof over the whip

-Buy an LED based headlight system for the Thunderbolt's NAD Century Flyer's.

-(most importantly) Continue to provide the Kennywood experience we've come to know and love!

If I owned lagoon:

-NEW MANEGEMENT.

-When repainting Colossus, I'd acctually have them paint the entire thing for once...Not just repaint some of the track while the rest of the track has outside rails that haven't been painted for so long, they look like they are acctually PAINTED black!

-Have them reprofile Rollercoaster in one piece...not rebuilding one section each year...

-Fix all the lights on colossus and give it a new logo...Not a cheesy one...

-FINISH wicked's scenery

-Add some more water features (Like one of those little round ponds with the fountain in the center)

-Acctually advertise the park

-Give the park a new website...LOOK AT THIS: http://Www.Lagoonpark.com BORING SITE.

-Sell cliffhanger and acctually get a model that works

-Add a batman clone in a peice of land that hasn't been used

-Retheme terroride (That ride is sooo corney...the only scary thing is the deafenning HORN at the end...)

-Reprofile the ever-so-painful laketurn on wicked

-Remove the trims before the overbank and slow the trims at the MCRB down so the speed is still even

-Turn wicked's sewer pipe tunnel into a strobe tunnel

-Remove the bat (YAY!!! NO MORE VEKOMA!), Purchase the cyclone HUSS swing around with the money that came in from ADVERTISING the park.

Then the park would REALLY be awesome...

^I know it's how you would run BGA, but do you think taking out seven rides and two food stalls for one roller coaster is a good idea? They only have about 17 - 20 rides, so that's over a third of their rides. Let's put this in a different view: Would you support Cedar Point for taking out over half of their flat rides and Wildcat or even Corkscrew for another Intamin?

Did you miss how many rides would be put if I ran the park???Most of these rides already lack "fun" such as sandstorm. Tidal Wave is just long and pointless. read again, some rides I would include as stated before: A huss Frisbee in the TBT area, More family rides in the Jungala area, a dark ride, a water coaster with a complimentary flat ride, a new ride experience in the egypt area or a carousel with an additional flat ride to take up the space and Tons of rides for children. That basically filled in the gap for the old rides taken out. Not to mention how many more coasters there will be and the line up of permanent shows throughout the park.

TBT will still have the Desert Grill and the Sahara snack area with the 4d theater and cheetah chase

If I owned Cedar Point

Sign a deal with Nickolodeon and remove Peanuts theaming to make room for "Nickolodeon Universe" style kids area

Add sprinkler systems to the parks paths

Paint the Millenium Force

Remove Disaster Transport and put a B&M Flying in its place

Retrack/Rebuild Cedar Creek Mine Ride with a similar but more thrilling design

Make Soak City and Challenge Park included with admission

Relocate Sandcastle Suites and other hotels in area (cabins) and expand the park further

Remove parking lot, replace with parking garage and expand that way (think disney)

If I owned Dollywood:

2009 - The clean up & RESORT!!!

- Expand into Resort with a themed hotel

- Add more greenery to the Wilderness Pass Area

- Update Rockin' Roadway with more interactive scenery

- Improve rapids on Smokey Mountain River Rampage (add more chances to get wet... soaked)

- FIX TIMBER TOWER ONCE AND FOR ALL!!! lol (I have no idea of how that could be possible)

2010 - The clean up part 2

- Add concert arena or theater going into the Wilderness Pass around the rear of Blazin Fury

- Produce new movie for Thunder Road with new special effects

- Add a craftman workshop or store the left of the loop of Tennessee Tornado

2011 - Dollywood gone "WILD"

- Incorporate animal exhibits and shows in Wilderness Pass Area

- Add a safari type ride in Wilderness Pass Area

- New 2nd hotel with animal theme.