TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

^I don't think you should be posting that on Robb's forum...

It's not like he forced us to vote anyway, he was just suggesting it. I would have voted for i305 anyway. Plus he's the only one who's ridden every coaster on the list so he would be the right one to go to for an opinion...

At this point I don't really care. I believe you should have your own opinion, but telling everyone to vote for it because it's his favorite is childish. PS. I don't care that it's his site I mean as soon as he or one of his mods see this I will most likely get banned anyway.

I've ridden both Carowinds' Intimidator and Intimidator 305 many times (since both parks are EXACTLY 3 hours from my house). In my opinion, 305 is a far superior ride compared the Intimidator. Carowinds' version is fun and enjoyable, but not very thrilling at all. I can carry on a full conversation with the person sitting next to me the whole ride. 305 on the other hand is so intense that it is a challenge just to keep your arms up and keep the spit in your mouth it is so intense! I ride coasters for thrill and intensity, which is why IMO 305 is the MUCH better ride. And I know this race is pointless considering probably less than 2% of the voters have ridden both versions, but I'm just trying to help the coaster that deserves to win in my opinion, WIN!

DJ Good point, It really just comes down to singular park bragging rights as of now.

Myself I've ridden both I305 and Intimidator. While it is obvious that I have a home park bias, (but who doesn't?)

I rode I232 on opening day when the trims never fire, I most say that's the most airtime I've ever had on a coaster. ( I've ridden Voyage, toro, and Dimondback) I also rode I 305 in April and gain in June. While In April the forces where greater the OTSR's where terrible and I got neck lash like nut's. In June with the straps the ride was much more enjoyable but the forces were meh at best. I really hope that with the off season changes the ride becomes the best of both worlds. until then I'll vote for the one that's consistent.

Once again were all entitled to our own opinion.

• 1 month later...

^I have been three times in the last 2 weeks and I thought it was awesome, but I have not been a Carowinds pass-holder until this season. The lines have been fairly minimal in my opinion with the longest being for ricochet and obviously Intimidator, but the Intimidator line cruises! Just got back and I have to say the park thoroughly impressed me and I will have to put up a photo TR in the next few days.

• 1 month later...

I was at Carowinds this past weekend (Sat, Sun, and Monday). The rideops on Intimidator on Saturday were EXCELLENT! Even with the line filling all the switchbacks, the wait was no longer than 45 minutes. I also appreciate the single rider line (always by myself), except I see families filling that line and then giving the "line sifter" grief for not letting them ride together. Why do you think it's called a single rider line?? They had 6 rideops on the platform counting the panel person, and were extremely efficient.

I just wanted to give credit where credit is due. Most of the posts here on the forums are just bitch sessions. I'm glad to share something positive.

This Intimidator is #4 on my steel favs. I guess I'm just a B&M airtime whore.

• 1 month later...

^To add on what he said, they literally told us during orientation last year that the White Lightnin' thing was to throw people off the trail. Do you guys really think they would just write "Huss GF" on a wooden stake and leave it out there if that's what they were getting? Come on, you know better.