TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 403 - Park opening for a limited Holiday Event!

And I'm sitting here with a stay booked at the Motel 6. Not my choice. I'm under 21 and that's the only hotel in the area that would allow me to check in.

I stayed at the Motel 6 last June, and it is actually really nice. I walked from there to the park, just be careful. There are no cross walks for some reason.

And I'm sitting here with a stay booked at the Motel 6. Not my choice. I'm under 21 and that's the only hotel in the area that would allow me to check in.

I stayed at the Motel 6 last June, and it is actually really nice. I walked from there to the park, just be careful. There are no cross walks for some reason.

Well that's comforting actually. Not worried about that as I plan to drive over to the park anyways

I’m planning on visiting the 29th. The park is open 9am-8pm. Why are they even open? Is it a special day for schools? Any other event?

Seems like a great day for an empty park but they must have some reason to be open. I’d appreciate any insight!

Teachers work day for Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools. Might not be as empty as you think.

Also for Fort Mill, SC schools.

It's also a Friday. They're open every Friday through the spring.

^^-- yeah was continuous. Now doing blocking tests: it stops on the second launch, backs up, goes forward very slow over the hill, backs up again and up a bit of the preceding element, and then back forward fast and completes the course. !!

Even with all the tests I've seen on the webcams my anxiety is through the roof that this thing won't be ready on opening day for no real reason. I guess it's partly because I'm making a nine hour drive for it.

You don't win a prize for being first, so why not wait awhile if it's making you anxious? All of this seems completely unnecessary.

All indications are that everything will be fine though and if not you can just ride the giant, awesome giga that's (most likely) an infinitely better ride anyway.

Even with all the tests I've seen on the webcams my anxiety is through the roof that this thing won't be ready on opening day for no real reason. I guess it's partly because I'm making a nine hour drive for it.

You don't win a prize for being first, so why not wait awhile if it's making you anxious? All of this seems completely unnecessary.

All indications are that everything will be fine though and if not you can just ride the giant, awesome giga that's (most likely) an infinitely better ride anyway.

Because living in Ohio you get coaster deprived real quick in this weather So the opportunity to go opening weekend is hard to pass up.

I know you're right though. And yes indeed Fury is there too so that definitely helps

Because living in Ohio you get coaster deprived real quick in this weather So the opportunity to go opening weekend is hard to pass up.

I know you're right though. And yes indeed Fury is there too so that definitely helps

True statement. I can't wait to visit SDC next week (about a 9 hour drive as well) to break my coaster drought. You'll still have fun at Carowinds though even if Copperhead isn't open! Expect that it won't be open and then if it is, you'll have a pleasant surprise.

My coaster motto: you can't be disappointed if you expect the worst.

I enjoy my 4-5 month annual coaster drought. It takes away the monotony. It helps me build back up the enthusiasm that usually starts to taper off by the end of the season.

I think Copperhead Strike will be ready, but I also understand your anxiety. Just relax. It's all out of your control. Worst case scenario Fury and Afterburn will be more than enough to make up for Copperhead not being ready. Those two rides are worth the trip alone.

I can't remember where, but I saw some off-ride testing videos posted today on Facebook. Copperhead looks really fun. Even I had to admit to myself that the POV's looked pretty slow, but you can tell from the off-ride videos that the speed looks just right. It doesn't look like it meanders around like it does in the POV's.

They also cycled one train right after another. I think Carowinds is really trying to run Copperhead through its paces in order to open it on time.

They also posted a video walkthrough of the queue line which looks amazing. Heavily themed.

I hope this is putting you at ease. Seems like it should be up and running for your trip.

Yes it is Haha. I guess with any trip you're always gonna worry that the big new ride isnt gonna run but I dont think carowinds would be doing all this if they weren't pretty sure it will be all ready to go on Saturday

I’m planning on visiting the 29th. The park is open 9am-8pm. Why are they even open? Is it a special day for schools? Any other event?

Seems like a great day for an empty park but they must have some reason to be open. I’d appreciate any insight!

Teachers work day for Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools. Might not be as empty as you think.

Also for Fort Mill, SC schools.

It's also a Friday. They're open every Friday through the spring.

It's also an Education Day as well. There will be school field trips there that day as well. Have fun! They usually leave by mid afternoon though.

1768265459_carowindseducationdays.thumb.JPG.12b8a1964c8a735e812c9f2deb71f398.JPG

They also posted a video walkthrough of the queue line which looks amazing. Heavily themed.

I hope this is putting you at ease. Seems like it should be up and running for your trip.

Yes it is Haha. I guess with any trip you're always gonna worry that the big new ride isnt gonna run but I dont think carowinds would be doing all this if they weren't pretty sure it will be all ready to go on Saturday

I know what you mean. I hope you didn't jinx yourself and now Fury is going to be down all day.

It's also an Education Day as well. There will be school field trips there that day as well. Have fun! They usually leave by mid afternoon though.

Good thing I'm working a half-day and getting to the park around 1pm. Enough time to eat lunch, then get some rides in before the after-work crowd shows up.