TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 403 - Park opening for a limited Holiday Event!

The backwards train is a reversal on the Six Flags philosophy. Meaning they're going to start out with the ride trains operating backwards. Ten years from now they'll turn the train around facing forward and market it as a new ride.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rides have been testing and lots of credible people are openly sharing it. I believe it. It's ballsy for Cedar Fair considering the fact that North Carolina is having a rise in cases (not because goin

The event has been live for like not even 5 hours.  Eeesh give people some time.

Posted Images

The 2019 operating hours are now up! https://www.carowinds.com/explore/calendar-and-hours

Excellent. Ill (finally) be going here this year, early June, on a weekday. Im thinking Thurs the 6th. Hoping crowds will be very light. Saw a pic of Copperhead Strike with the launch over that airtime hill and despite my brain saying temper expectations the heart is waaaay too excited to ride

The backwards train is a reversal on the Six Flags philosophy. Meaning they're going to start out with the ride trains operating backwards. Ten years from now they'll turn the train around facing forward and market it as a new ride.

Sweet. They can call it "Striking Copperhead" or "Copperhead: Reverse Strike"

So this below was posted on Facebook by VHCoasters. So you guys think this would affect Cooperhead or any other Mack coaster for 2019 and recently built rides? Or is a China trying to pull something? Or is this article bogus?

Some interesting if odd news from China as it seems large parts of the Mack built Blue Fire ride for Wanda Wuxi have had to be returned to Mack due to quality defects.

"From October 2016 to January 2018, Wuxi Wanda City Investment Co., Ltd. imported a set of launched roller coaster tracks from Germany in six batches, valued at 2,382,300 euros.

Wuxi Customs carried out safety performance inspection according to law and found that there are many problems of safety performance quality of linear defects in the local base metal of the track. After re-inspection and after treatment by German technology, it still found that there were many safety performance quality problems in the local base material of the track. Wuxi Customs determined that the quality of 124 tracks of the launched roller coaster was unqualified."

While it explains the continuing absense of the ride from the contruction site in Wuxi it is a bit of an odd news story.

http://www.yangtse.com/app/jiangsu/nanjing/2019-01-18/663815.html

I mean, October 2016 to January 2018 was roughly the entire time frame Silver Dollar City was building Time Traveler, and there haven't been any major issues as far as we know. Icon was also built in that time frame and, again, hasn't had major structural issues as far as the public knows. Copperhead was also built very quickly in the last few months. Granted testing hasn't begun yet, but part of me is skeptical about that article.

does anyone know if carowinds is doing a copperhead strike first rider auction charity benefit? (like they did on fury 325)

i can't find anything on it. looks like the soonest anyone can get on the ride is for season passholder preview night on fri march 22 from 6-10pm, then the following day is the park's grand opening. will those days be crowded?

any intel out there? found this article too:

https://www.wcnc.com/article/entertainment/events/carowinds-announces-preview-night-for-new-roller-coaster-copperhead-strike/275-26a3217d-933f-424d-a74d-a01473dbd98c

It's far too early to announce that. But if history is anything to go by, they have done one for the last two major coasters so I don't see why this would be an exception.

The launch barn is nearing completion and the Miami River Lumber Company would be proud. Inside the barn, you'll get a glimpse of Granny's jam-making operation. You may even learn a few things about her secret recipe.

^^One of those things that makes this interest feel juvenile. Other than that, Copperhead Strike looks great.

• 2 weeks later...

Nerd alert, but I am very glad the seat belts (as we expect from Cedar Fair) clip in front like a typical shoulder harness rather than a lap belt. This should make operations much smoother. Also love the colors and this whole coaster in general!

How often is the southern gate open? And does it ever open early enough for ERT? It is a lot closer to Copperhead Strike. I went six times last year and I never even checked to see if it was open.

How often is the southern gate open? And does it ever open early enough for ERT? It is a lot closer to Copperhead Strike. I went six times last year and I never even checked to see if it was open.

I've been to the park maybe 10 times. The only day that the lot looked slightly busy was my first time there which was the day Thunder Run closed and that was the only time I've ever seen the South gate open. I assume they only use it on super busy days

Used it last year to enter the park at opening time on a day I wouldn't consider "busy".

I'm going to call a couple days before to see if they're planning on using the South Entrance on season pass night and/or Opening Weekend.