TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 403 - Park opening for a limited Holiday Event!

Sooooo Im going for the ridiculous, 3 parks in 3 days.

I realized my layover (like always) is in Charlotte. So I am gunna fly in early and leave late and sneak in a day at Carowinds!

What type of crowds could I expect on a Sunday in late Aug, (the 25th)?

Is it possible to get multiple rides on Fury and do a good amount of the park, all the essentials, without fast pass.

As always Im no cred whore, I am ok with skipping the boomerang, wild mouse, the family rides are deff being skipped.

Ideally would like the rest, but ya know...am open to skipping nighthawk or the B&M stander though Id like to hit em.

You’ll be fine. School should or will getting back in session around that time so crowds will begin to fizzle out then.

Several cars catch fire in parking lot of Carowinds

http://abc11.com/several-cars-catch-fire-in-parking-lot-of-carowinds-/3638472/

This is terrible. I feel bad about the little girl's unicorn (from this article). In a way, this is really only "theme park news" because of where it happened, but I'm impressed by what I've heard about how the park responded.

Shit happens.

We are stopping by the park either Thursday or Sunday. Main goal is just ride fury. If we go Thursday it will be a full day but if we go Sunday it will be only for a few hours. I haven't been since the year before Fury.

If you're in the mood for chicken wings, there's an awesome wing place pretty close called DD Peckers. It's one of our favorite wing spots we've ever been to. Cooked crisp to perfection with a lot off good sauces and wing mix/match platters to try a lot of sauces. I think the prices were pretty reasonable, too.

For my visit in August, I have no intention of rope-dropping, will not be purchasing fast lane; but intend on staying til close all three nights I intend to visit. I know Nighthawk's line is brutal during the day. Does it empty out at all in the evening/close to park close?

For my visit in August, I have no intention of rope-dropping, will not be purchasing fast lane; but intend on staying til close all three nights I intend to visit. I know Nighthawk's line is brutal during the day. Does it empty out at all in the evening/close to park close?

Yes, it did for me at least. I went in late July last year and got in line for Nighthawk about an hour before park close. I think we still waited about 20-30 minutes but it is much better than in the middle of the day. The ride still sucks just as much though!

Rope dropping at Carowinds is not necessary so you're good there. In my experience, yes it most definitely does empty out in the evening. Depending on which days you're going, many rides will drop down to practically station waits about an hour before closing time.

Was at the park friday for a Carolina Harbor day and snapped some shots. It does look like that layout matches with what we have seen (especially the footings by the bathhouse.

233472199_IMG_20180706_13313381.thumb.jpg.74b74407c1403b970e453e7ad1f6df18.jpg

29429152_IMG_20180706_14282411.thumb.jpg.d80396128201f99284c9b7056561d1c3.jpg

More teasers have been added to the wall. I guess we can rule out those names . . .

140094918_IMG_20180706_13330361.thumb.jpg.6854475079099f8d3a1dbbc0858cfccc.jpg

2112187007_IMG_20180706_13340491.thumb.jpg.3bf166488f5f57fe8c3e30adb7e29729.jpg

195517914_IMG_20180706_13341941.thumb.jpg.53bbf347b312481f20b6820602333d7b.jpg

Stopped by the park on our way home yesterday. Finally got to ride Fury. How could you not like this ride the airtime caught me way off guard. I think after my ride yesterday Afterburn has become my favorite invert so smooth so intense. Electro Spin was fun but damn do they take their time loading the thing. Also my son finally hit the 44 inch mark so I was able to get him on Kiddie hawk. He loved it, he also got mad when I couldn't take him on Fury. I look forward to going back for a proper visit. I love that no one was at the park the first 2 hours.