TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 403 - Park opening for a limited Holiday Event!

Considering how Cedar Fair seems to actually want to get back to a Carolinas theme for Carowinds, a copperhead theme makes a lot of sense. The name "Copperhead Strike" does feel a bit awkward, though.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So we went to Taste of Carowinds yesterday since we’re visiting the in-laws who live ten minutes away. Before going I was confused as to why this event was even a thing and after going I’m infini

I don’t think you get what I’m saying at all.  As a fan, I’m really glad they opened Carowinds for like a month even though this event was really stupid because I got to ride two coasters and I w

Probably. It’s a Christmas tradition.

Posted Images

Considering how Cedar Fair seems to actually want to get back to a Carolinas theme for Carowinds, a copperhead theme makes a lot of sense. The name "Copperhead Strike" does feel a bit awkward, though.

I agree. I feel like a lot of the ride names that CF and SF have been going with lately feel quite awkward. I guess its just a corporate thing.

a GCI at this park would be perfect.

My thoughts exactly!

It would be interesting to see a racing GCI in a sort of Thunder Road tribute, but I know that is some far fetched speculation.

It will probably end up being Copperhead Timbers....lol

It does match Carowinds more so than the other parks. It also seems a bit too early to worry about TM a snake themed water slide that a name like that would match as well, so most likely for the assumed coaster at Carowinds.

It will probably end up being Copperhead Timbers....lol

So judging from CF past, with this name option we can officially narrow it down to a ground up GCI, or an RMC I-box conversion of Hurler lol!

While it would be nice to have Hurler RMC'd, the plans are on the South Carolina side so that would rule out Hurler as it sits in North Carolina.

Edited by KIJester

Does anybody know whether you actually CAN get your guests in for the early ride time if you're a Passholder? I know it says you can't on the site, but you've always been able to at CP,

Hey, hold on a sec... I have NEVER been able to get guests in for early ride time at CP...

Huh... That's strange, because I've done it with no issue every time I've gone over the years! Unlike Carowinds, the CP site doesn't say anything about it not applying to friends, so I'm going to assume they are still allowing it.

So, regarding Carowinds, my kids and I had a great time Saturday, even though the park was pretty crowded! We rode everything we wanted, and Fury 4 times, including 2 amazing night rides! They weren't preventing people from choosing the front if they wanted, so we got 1 ride in on the front as well! It was awesome, but I think I still prefer the very back row, for all the amazing airtime!

I still think Afterburn is a very good Invert, but not better than Banshee, Montu, or my memory of Alpengeist. I'll hopefully ride Alpie again this year, and have a better ride to compare it to other Inverts I've ridden more recently. I'll be enjoying the fantastic Montu again on Tuesday, most likely!

I also decided that Intimidator needed a new name, since it's not intimidating in the least anymore. So I dubbed it "Marginalized: The Coaster"! Additionally, any hope of thinking better about the coaster disappeared, when the jack @$$ ride op put his ENTIRE WEIGHT down on my restraint for some f-ed up reason, and made it a very uncomfortable for me the entire ride... I thought about reporting him, but who has time for that? It didn't ruin my day or anything, just that particular ride, and I already know what the coaster is like (good, but not great - one of my least favorite B&M Hypers.)

Oh, another negative? Don't even get me started on the Carolina Goldrusher dispatch time situation!

On the positive, Electrospin was awesome, though I hope I'm not riding an arm with all little kids next time, so I actually flip more!

Carowinds is an interesting park for me... It has my very favorite coaster in the world (for at least another 11 days), but beyond that, I'm pretty ambivalent about the park. Yet, I think anytime I'm in the area, I'm sure I'll go, just because Fury is THAT good! I absolutely think they need another top notch coaster to really make the park solid, much like what KD has now with I-305 and TT (though I love Volcano and Dominator there as well, so they're already loaded up!) Hopefully whatever their next addition is, is so good it becomes their 2nd best coaster!

Still, I had a great day at the park, my kids enjoyed it, and again, Fury is LIFE!!!

I saw a Carowinds commercial on my local station here in Greensboro, NC this morning. It was all about Camp Snoopy. I remember seeing ads on TV in this market for Busch Gardens Williamsburg and Carowinds when I was a kid but can't remember seeing one in many years.

Planning to spend all day there Saturday and get my first coaster rides of 2018.

Could it be an Intamin Blitz coaster? I know it’s been a while since Cedar Fair worked with Intamin, but it seems like the name would fit it perfectly...

What's a Blitz coaster?

I wouldn't expect a super-crazy steel coaster, they just got Fury 325 after all.

Hi everyone! I am sorry to ask another how to tackle this park but could really use some advice. We are traveling back from Florida on a Saturday in June and will only have a few hours to hit a couple of rides. We are platinum holders with cedar point and want to take advantage of it. We only have about 4 hours in the park but we only want to ride Fury, Intimidator and Nighthawk. We want to ride Fury more times than the others.

I was wondering if the Platinum pass gets me early entry? If it does or not what is the best strategy for the park. We can be there for early entry or when the park opens. Is there a specific route to get to the rides you recommend? I know a lot of parks when they early entry have some sections roped off.

We are so excited to ride Fury the most. I appreciate all the help and thank you!

There is ERT on Saturdays in June. 30 minutes early for Fury 325, Camp Snoopy, and water park.

Ride Fury 325 during ERT then hit Nighthawk as throughput is crap on that one. I also highly recommend Afterburn, it is indeed fantastic.

Here's your only acceptable schedule for the day:

Arrive early for ERT on Fury

At park open go directly to Nighthakw and get your ride on that garbage out of the way

Ride Intimidator since you're right there

Walk back to Afterburn and ride it, back row or bust

Head back over to Fury and re-ride it until you force yourself to leave

Caution: you will be tempted to ride Intimidator again on your way out since it's right by the exit. If you do, it will only make you want to walk all the way back to Fury again to make that your last ride. It's that good. You've been warned!

Have fun!