TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 403 - Park opening for a limited Holiday Event!

Fury also has 3 moments of scary ejector air. Like; thankful for the trim brake type ejector air. I doubt a more perfect coaster will be built in the next 10 years

A B&M with that kind of airtime is unheard of you're the first person I've heard say Fury's airtime was that strong. I just can't wait to ride it for myself b/c it does indeed look pretty close to perfection far as another one not being built in the next 10 years I'm certainly hoping SFMM debunks that theory.

I don't see any Six Flags park building a coaster ground up with any sort of respectable length, especially not anywhere near Fury's length in the near future. For me at least a ride has to be fairly long in duration (not specifically feet of track) to be in upper echelon of rides except for maybe some of the shorter RMC's that looks ridiculous (though those are mostly I-box that are shorter... Except Goliath which kinda proves my point).

I'm curious how Fury and Liaviathon compare for those who have ridden both? We'd really like to make a trip up to Canada's Wonderland within the next couple years.

They don't. Fury blows Leviathan to hell. Leviathan is still a very fun coaster (and Behemoth is too) but it's the weakest of the North American gigas. I highly recommend the trip though, especially if you add in Niagara Falls or some of the attractions in Toronto.

I don't see any Six Flags park building a coaster ground up with any sort of respectable length, especially not anywhere near Fury's length in the near future. For me at least a ride has to be fairly long in duration (not specifically feet of track) to be in upper echelon of rides except for maybe some of the shorter RMC's that looks ridiculous (though those are mostly I-box that are shorter... Except Goliath which kinda proves my point).

Six Flags definitely has been more conservative with their money since the recession, and I think if you look at the past few years, Cedar Fair is much more likely to build the next #1. It's not impossible that Six Flags comes out with an awesome RMC somewhere in the chain, though.

I went to the park tonight and go to watch the new show Cirque Imagine. I have to say it is a really impressive show and I wonder how the show got to be at a Cedar Fair park. It's definitely in the realm of a Dollywood or Disney caliber show. Lots of acrobatics and stunts I have not seen before, and it was very impressive some of the stunts they pulled off in the small stage area they had. A solid 9/10 as far as shows go for me.

On another note, line jumping is rampant at parks everywhere. It happened to me twice tonight. Anytime it happens to me I call the people out on it. They are usually very nice and let me in front of them. I, unfortunately, have a tendency to get mad at them, and call them out in a very rude manner. So much so, the grandmother of the family that line jumped me got out of her wheelchair and gave me a very "stern talking to." So my question is, how should I/how do you deal with line jumpers politely? Or should I just ignore them?

On another note, line jumping is rampant at parks everywhere. It happened to me twice tonight. Anytime it happens to me I call the people out on it. They are usually very nice and let me in front of them. I, unfortunately, have a tendency to get mad at them, and call them out in a very rude manner. So much so, the grandmother of the family that line jumped me got out of her wheelchair and gave me a very "stern talking to." So my question is, how should I/how do you deal with line jumpers politely? Or should I just ignore them?

I'm the same way. I'm sure there is a much better way for handling it, but it just pisses me off. So, let me get this straight. Her grandson/granddaughter jumped in line. Instead of scolding her grandchild, she scolded you? smh

I went to the park tonight and go to watch the new show Cirque Imagine. I have to say it is a really impressive show and I wonder how the show got to be at a Cedar Fair park. It's definitely in the realm of a Dollywood or Disney caliber show. Lots of acrobatics and stunts I have not seen before, and it was very impressive some of the stunts they pulled off in the small stage area they had. A solid 9/10 as far as shows go for me.

If it's the same as the one at Kings Island, it's a great show. Some different takes on the standard acts. Hard to say anything without spoiling something. Just anyone within range of one of these shows, go see it.

Report it to a ride operator/supervisor/manager. I've been a victim of line jumping several times off duty and they don't respond when I take out my associate ID, so I've just learned to let the people who are paid to handle it handle it. And if they don't, file a complaint with the park that it's being allowed to happen. Make sure to mention the associate's name.

Is it better than All Wheel Sports at Dorney?

Well, it is produced by and is an actual Cirque du Soleil so . . . I guess it all balls down to what you like. I love cirque shows.

I love the show myself and saw it at KD two weeks ago. I feel it is a big step in live entertainment. To me it's nothing "new" being Carowinds already have a similar show during the Haunt season in the county fair section. Just can't remember the name of it. They did everything minus the bicycle act. It was more focused on the hula-hoop trampoline and the acrobat in the air scenes. Still love it tho. I'm just now ready for 2017 with these new flats coming. Lol

So, I understand that Carowinds Woodstock Gliders are the old Bisch Rocco flying scooters from KI. I am a huge enthusiast of these rides and was wondering if they are strict about snapping, or if it has been dulled down to prevent snapping.

So, I understand that Carowinds Woodstock Gliders are the old Bisch Rocco flying scooters from KI. I am a huge enthusiast of these rides and was wondering if they are strict about snapping, or if it has been dulled down to prevent snapping.

I hear they encourage it at carowinds not sure if it's true but people have said it has happened

The ride operators has a microphone and encourages it and the ride is happening, calling out the best flyers (but he doesn't refer to it as snapping)

Larry and anyone else - can you give a complete novice advice on how to snap flyers? Nobody I go to parks with knows anything about snapping and I really want to learn. I've watched videos but that doesn't really give me a step by step. Thanks!