TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 403 - Park opening for a limited Holiday Event!

hey everyone...i see carowinds will open for the season march 25th. is that daily operation from then, or just for spring break, or what? the calendar isn't up on the website yet. hoping to make a trip out there next year, possibly early april. thanks

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rides have been testing and lots of credible people are openly sharing it. I believe it. It's ballsy for Cedar Fair considering the fact that North Carolina is having a rise in cases (not because goin

The event has been live for like not even 5 hours.  Eeesh give people some time.

Posted Images

So Im doing a little researching because im bored. And under B&M on wiki, (yes i know its wiki) i was looking at all their coasters. And for Fury 325 it classifies it as a hypercoaster. So i went and try to fix and it it says this, | ''[[Fury 325]]'' || ''Hyper Coaster'' || [[Carowinds]] || {{flagicon|United States}} United States || 2015 ||{{cite RCDB|coaster_name=Fury 325|location=Carowinds|rcdb_number=12273|accessdate=August 21, 2014}}

Any one know why B&M does this?

If you read carefully, where you saw hyper coaster is where the model type is. This is correct. (I edited that to make it more clear.) Nowhere did I see it classified as a hyper coaster.

hey everyone...i see carowinds will open for the season march 25th. is that daily operation from then, or just for spring break, or what? the calendar isn't up on the website yet. hoping to make a trip out there next year, possibly early april. thanks

Spring Break is usually the second week in April

Spring Break is usually the second week in April

Not this year . . .

So Im doing a little researching because im bored. And under B&M on wiki, (yes i know its wiki) i was looking at all their coasters. And for Fury 325 it classifies it as a hypercoaster. So i went and try to fix and it it says this, | ''[[Fury 325]]'' || ''Hyper Coaster'' || [[Carowinds]] || {{flagicon|United States}} United States || 2015 ||{{cite RCDB|coaster_name=Fury 325|location=Carowinds|rcdb_number=12273|accessdate=August 21, 2014}}

If you read carefully, where you saw hyper coaster is where the model type is. This is correct. (I edited that to make it more clear.) Nowhere did I see it classified as a hyper coaster.

I was just wondering why they don't market it as a giga coaster?

I was just wondering why they don't market it as a giga coaster?

Probably because the term was coined by Intamin.

Charlotte & York County's Spring Break is the last week of March & Rock Hill is the 1st week of April. Carowinds was open daily last season during those 2 weeks. It may be the same this year, but until the calendar is released we won't know.

I've heard B&M classify coasters over 200 feet as "Mega-Coasters" most likely due to the fact that they are a Swiss company-who uses the Metric System of measuring.

200 feet (Hyper)= 61 meters

300 feet (Giga)= 91.4 meters

The meaning isn't the same. The impact is different.

Just my .02

I was returning to the US on a transatlantic flight yesterday and I was hoping to catch a glimpse of Carowinds when we came in to land at Charlotte. Turns out that the approach and being in a port side window seat favoured this - the flight landed on runway 36R and I was able to get these shots on final.

Carowinds_Air_1.thumb.jpg.c8e8631b56dc197c0b21180be8207c7b.jpg

Carowinds_Air_2.thumb.jpg.d1c23531869e8a6f5a6dbc83217a867d.jpg

Has there been any sightings or news about the Mondial Topscan seen at the park back in November? This may be a 2017 addition if it isn't installed for this year.
Great Pictures. What is the light blue stuff/thing at the bottom of Fury 325 first drop??

The top scan that never was . . .

Has there been any sightings or news about the Mondial Topscan seen at the park back in November? This may be a 2017 addition if it isn't installed for this year.
Great Pictures. What is the light blue stuff/thing at the bottom of Fury 325 first drop??

Ok. That's what I thought it might be, but what are all of the containers in the bus parking for?? Starbucks? Seems like a lot just for Starbucks and if it was for the new water park, that seems like a weird place to put them, all the way across the park.

Ok. That's what I thought it might be, but what are all of the containers in the bus parking for?? Starbucks? Seems like a lot just for Starbucks and if it was for the new water park, that seems like a weird place to put them, all the way across the park.

possible overflow trailer parking from TJMaxx distribution across the street. Carowinds rents out space to them in the off season, they normally park where thunderroad use to be but that area is under construction.

You would THINK they would put more photo ops around the park now with this coming next year . . .

Went to the site saw this . . .

CAPTURE! Enjoy your day at Carowinds, because your photos are covered! With your FunPix card, you can be professionally photographed at the front gate, on your favorite ride, with park characters, or wherever you see one of our park photographers. At specially designated FunPix Photo Spot locations, just open the park app and scan a QR code with your mobile device to unlock super-cool frames and borders for one-of-a-kind photos.