TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 403 - Park opening for a limited Holiday Event!

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don’t think you get what I’m saying at all.  As a fan, I’m really glad they opened Carowinds for like a month even though this event was really stupid because I got to ride two coasters and I w

So we went to Taste of Carowinds yesterday since we’re visiting the in-laws who live ten minutes away. Before going I was confused as to why this event was even a thing and after going I’m infini

I really need parks to get their act together by next season. We're clearly still going to be operating in a very covid positive world, but many parks seem to be doing a good job...just copy those!

Posted Images

I watched that last night and it's fantastic.

Also, speaking of Fury, Carowinds tweeted that it will be up and running this coming weekend. No word obviously as to why it was closed on Sunday and most of Saturday but apparently there's been a crane / lift near the drop which is now gone.

Such a fun documentary. I love all of his documentaries he has done on different Coasters. Also, I LOVED the song at the end of the video "Feel the Fury".

• 2 weeks later...

^I hope you're not talking about the Golden Ticket... because that poll is pretty much irrelevant. Every year either MF or Superman: The Ride (formerly Bizarro) is automatically #1 and there are way too many B&M hypers in the top 10. Mitch's poll is far superior but I don't think he does it anymore

The fact that I305 and Fury are still behind MF in the top 10 steel coasters is a catastrophe.

I think Fury 325 certainly deserves to make the top 10 steel in the golden ticket awards. It's a really solid fun ride full of awesome elements. Out of the 3 giga coasters I have ridden I would rank them like this:

#1 MF at night in the front seat (very slight edge over i305 because it was such a euphoric experience)

#2 i305 any seat any time

#3 MF any seat any time

#4 Fury 325

Like my ranking implies, MF is only better than i305 in one circumstance...but Nitro, AC, and Intimidator 232 all placing above i305 and Maverick?!?!?

I reckon Carowinds will advertise Fury and Intimidator being ranked #4 and #7 respectively.

Did anyone go to the park this weekend? What were crowds like?

The fact that I305 and Fury are still behind MF in the top 10 steel coasters is a catastrophe.

I think Fury 325 certainly deserves to make the top 10 steel in the golden ticket awards. It's a really solid fun ride full of awesome elements. Out of the 3 giga coasters I have ridden I would rank them like this:

#1 MF at night in the front seat (very slight edge over i305 because it was such a euphoric experience)

#2 i305 any seat any time

#3 MF any seat any time

#4 Fury 325

Like my ranking implies, MF is only better than i305 in one circumstance...but Nitro, AC, and Intimidator 232 all placing above i305 and Maverick?!?!?

I reckon Carowinds will advertise Fury and Intimidator being ranked #4 and #7 respectively.

Did anyone go to the park this weekend? What were crowds like?

Yeah parks always use this poll for marketing. It's definitely gonna happen.

^ I was at Scarowinds Saturday night and while leaving at park close a large fight broke out just outside the North Gate. We were about minute too late to see what actually happened, but saw a crowd of people running to take a look at the fight. Law enforcement quickly came and we heard what sounded like tasing and a mass of people running from where the fight was. Was there another fight in addition to this one?

Also while waiting for Cornstalkers a group of like 20 people decide to line jump and meet up with two of their friends who were like 3 people ahead of us. They were called out by park staff, and when confronted they caused quite a scene saying they waited and weren't moving etc. They stood there and blocked the attraction causing it to close for a good 15 minutes while this situation was dealt with by security.

I attend at least once Scarowinds every year, and am sure this happens often - but this was awful behavior. It makes me wonder how long it will be before the park starts requiring chaperones to accompany minors.

On a brighter note Sunday was a great day to be at the park. Very light crowds and beautiful weather. Longest lines I saw was for Fury and Nighthawk, and those were only down the station stairs.

^ I was at Scarowinds Saturday night and while leaving at park close a large fight broke out just outside the North Gate. We were about minute too late to see what actually happened, but saw a crowd of people running to take a look at the fight. Law enforcement quickly came and we heard what sounded like tasing and a mass of people running from where the fight was. Was there another fight in addition to this one?

Also while waiting for Cornstalkers a group of like 20 people decide to line jump and meet up with two of their friends who were like 3 people ahead of us. They were called out by park staff, and when confronted they caused quite a scene saying they waited and weren't moving etc. They stood there and blocked the attraction causing it to close for a good 15 minutes while this situation was dealt with by security.

I attend at least once Scarowinds every year, and am sure this happens often - but this was awful behavior. It makes me wonder how long it will be before the park starts requiring chaperones to accompany minors.

On a brighter note Sunday was a great day to be at the park. Very light crowds and beautiful weather. Longest lines I saw was for Fury and Nighthawk, and those were only down the station stairs.

I don't know which is more stupid...the people fighting or the people running towards the fight to watch it.

Unfortunately, the fighting isn't relegated to just Carowinds. There have been other discussions in TPR about the increasing number of brawls at amusement parks and fairs/festivals in recent years.

Although I don't have kids, it would truly be disheartening to have children exposed to this in what is supposed to be a neutral, safe and family-friendly environment. This type of aggressive behavior is what is most likely to drive the installation of metal detectors, bag inspections, etc at parks - which we know adds long waits at the park gates during opening.

Truly pathetic to see this when you can go to Oktoberfest in Munich where literally 100,000 people are drinking all day, yet you very rarely see any type of violence or fighting during the entire event - everyone is just having fun instead. What a novel concept.

Just out of curiosity what was the outcome with security for the line jumpers? Were they ejected from the park, or just the line?