TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

The radius of that final turn is massive (and after a trim) so the ending to this ride should be equally as boring as Intimidator's just a couple hundred feet away.

The rest of the ride should be filled with lots of speed though so at least this ride will gradually coast into the brakes rather than randomly hit a brake run with lots of momentum....Leviathan....

I'm still thankful this ride is just a little over 2.5 hours from me.

^ yes it should, I'm hoping that will give some sensation of speed, as the simulated pov seemed to drag A$$ through that helix.

I'm also hoping that. However, given the height of the helix at the tallest point I'm not too confident.

^I still think that this ride is going to be forceful.

Don't get your hopes up - this thing is full of large-radii turns and shallow hills (that camelback is an example, not to mention its lead-in). It's gonna be fast and it's gonna be fun, but forceful? Logically, not very.

Oh, right, before y'all jump on me - I'm not being negative. This thing looks like a veeery impressive ride that I expect to be a lot of fun! Trust me, I've already got a trip planned to give it a go as soon as it's open.

^ This ride has a great layout, I just really would have loved to see a low to the ground tight turn there instead... to give the ending a punch.

Fast, fun and forceless

Fast, Fun, Forceless Fury 325

Good advertising campaign. I'd agree with it 100%, I feel like Afterburn will still be the most intense ride in the park even at half the height and size.

How is anyone calling this ride "force-less" without riding it? I can all but guarantee that first turn will be very forceful if it's anything like the first turn of Leviathan.

Millennium Force has the nickname Millennium Forceless and yet it's first turn is more intense than Leviathan's in my opinion. Fury's turn appears quite a bit tighter than Leviathan's so I'm thinking Fury's should be on par with Millennium Force's.

I don't think anyone here thinks the ride is going to be the snooze-fest, besides perhaps that last helix and stretch into the brakes... and that's going to just depend on how hard those trims hit on the airtime hill going into the helix.

Why are we even caring about how "forceless" this ride could be if we all agree it's going to be a fun ride regardless?

We have to complain about something. We can't be happy. We complain it's force less, but complain the forceful rides are either too rough or too forceful. Skyrush, I305, et al.

^ Yeah, I've mostly only have seen positive outlooks since this ride was announced. I don't think many people are complaining, just discussing alternatives that could have been made to keep hype alive for this ride until opening day. Not everyone wets their pants when a new track piece is installed like others.

I personally see this ride easily making my top-10, possibly higher. I'll be there as soon as it opens as well. I don't think there is a single enthusiast out there who can look at any coaster in the world and not think of a minor change they'd like to see.

At first I was pretty underwhelmed by this layout due to the lack of airtime outside of the first drop, but after seeing it go up I can see the similarities between this and Millennium Force. It's close to the ground, fast and long; a big difference from most other B&M mega coasters! And I'm almost positive this ride will go over very well with enthusiasts. Plus that drop looks like it could easily be in the top 5 best drops ever.