TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

One interesting note in that press release is that they recently opened a "satellite" corporate office in Charlotte (makes sense why I've heard about corporate jobs opening in Charlotte). That's where Paramount Parks was headed up and Cedar Fair weighed the option of moving the operations to Charlotte back in '06 (I'm sure the CEO living nearly on-site didn't weigh in ). Could we see Cedar Fair move out of Sandusky down the road? Certainly makes it easier for executives to fly in and out with a large airport and more than just water park resorts that stay open in the offseason.

This is exciting news, especially for those of us whose home park is Carowinds. While $30 mil isn't bad, I'm happy to see that it is in fact $50 million. That should mean a new coaster as part of expansion.

The onsite resort is a rumor that has been floating around for years. The only factual basis for it from what I've seen are some off-handed comments from Bart K, the park's GM, during Q&A sessions, that yes, Carowinds would like to have one. I don't see one coming in the near future.

I'm kind of curious why 2 kiddies rides at Cedar Point make the front page and not $50 million at Carowinds.

Maybe because they are no specifics about what is happening at Carowinds. What exactly is happening in 2014?

From the looks of it they are going to redo the front of the park/parking lot from all the markings all over the place.

I doubt anything big for 2014.

I'm kind of curious why 2 kiddies rides at Cedar Point make the front page and not $50 million at Carowinds.

Maybe because they are no specifics about what is happening at Carowinds. What exactly is happening in 2014?

From the looks of it they are going to redo the front of the park/parking lot from all the markings all over the place.

I doubt anything big for 2014.

and I'll say again. What exactly is happening?

It's a rhetorical question, so there is no need to respond.

No details have been announced.

I am very excited that they will be seeing some significant investment in the coming years. I really liked Carowinds when I visited in 2011 but felt it was just a tiny bit inferior in comparison to the other Cedar Fair parks.

A huge upgrade and makeover of the water park is pretty much a given at this point. It really could use some newer slides.

I feel positive they will add a wing coaster next year. Most likely very similar to Gatekeeper with the whole front entrance thing, could be very cool doing that, maybe they could classify it as the first coaster in 2 states

Well unless they have one like that already, not too sure about the parks layout

I feel positive they will add a wing coaster next year. Most likely very similar to Gatekeeper with the whole front entrance thing, could be very cool doing that, maybe they could classify it as the first coaster in 2 states

Well unless they have one like that already, not too sure about the parks layout

Launched Wing Coaster!

Thunder Road is in North and South Carolina, but it's a racing coaster, so maybe the first coaster, non racing to be in two states?