TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

Damn The one credit I still need!! I will be heading to Crowinds for my last time this year in august. It's a Forty-five minute drive from Mooresville. Steve I know what is wrong with StealthBorgHawk but I won't tell.

Whats everyone's Topgun marathon record? Mines 35 times without getting off.

I believe the only answer you need here is...

"It's a Vekoma"

With southerners working on it.= double fail.

Steve I know what is wrong with StealthBorgHawk but I won't tell.

As do I, but I wouldn't exactly be a model employee if I shared confidential company information with the world.

I won't tell anyone.

Maybe the "StealthBorgHawk" breakdown is just a cover so CF can make the ride spontaneously combust . Oh wait...that's Son of Beast .

Damn The one credit I still need!! I will be heading to Crowinds for my last time this year in august. It's a Forty-five minute drive from Mooresville.

Its not that bad, I drive that every time I work. I have some of my associates that drive 1 hr, to 1 hr 15minutes, so a 45 minute drive to go play is nothing!

the ****box

Oh I love this game. I'm going to guess Blue box?

I believe the only answer you need here is...

"It's a Vekoma"

Sounds like what the B&M rep said at Coaster Stock. Someone asked "Why is Nighthawk down?" (must've thought he was with the park), he responded "Because it's not a B&M", to which the crowd roared with laughter.

I'll remind our local Carowinds employees not to be annoying douchebags playing the "I know something you don't know" game...thanks guys!

Like I said before, all you REALLY need to know is...It's a VEKOMA!!!!

^^I asked my 8 ball if it was the lift motor. It said yes. That's good enough for me.

Disclaimer: I have absolutely no clue what is wrong, and there is nothing hidden in my message. Just wanted to make sure because sometimes, ok, almost always, things are taken completely out of context, or as absolute truth.

I'll remind our local Carowinds employees not to be annoying douchebags playing the "I know something you don't know" game...thanks guys!

Like I said before, all you REALLY need to know is...It's a VEKOMA!!!!

I'm really not playing the "I know something you don't know" game, I'm just making a point that regardless of what I know, I have a contractual obligation to not share that information. I can tell everyone it's going to be a while, but that's about it. Patience will be key on this one. It's nothing horribly wrong with the ride, it's just going to take some time. In the mean time, enjoy all of our other coasters that don't make you feel like you're having an aneurysm .

The last time I was at Carowinds (2003), they had a place selling oreo cookie funnel cakes. I thought it was near where Saturator used to be, but I don't see a funnel cake stand near it on my old park map so I'm probably mis-remembering the location. Anyway, do they still sell these sinfully-sweet variations on the funnel cake? Thanks.

The last time I was at Carowinds (2003), they had a place selling oreo cookie funnel cakes. I thought it was near where Saturator used to be, but I don't see a funnel cake stand near it on my old park map so I'm probably mis-remembering the location. Anyway, do they still sell these sinfully-sweet variations on the funnel cake? Thanks.

I don't remember them ever selling those, and I work at the park as well as play out there a good bit. If they still do though, there is an ice cream place near Cobra that might still sell them.

I have an awesome thing to post tonight. Today, my crew and I broke our written max capacity while beating during a "power hour." We hit 53 cycles with a total of 1683 riders. I am so proud right now, the closest we had gotten to this before now was just 48 cycles. When we first got it, the higher ups didn't even believe it .

To answer your question, I don't remember the park ever selling something like that, but there is a snack stand specializing in ice cream and funnel cakes beside the bathrooms across from Cobra. We do, though, sell "ultimate" funnel cakes which are topped with ice cream, powdered sugar, chocolate syrup, and whipped cream.

They mentioned during Coasterstock that the price for the Scarowinds tickets will vary depending on when you go. The weekdays will be cheaper than the weekends and the closer to Halloween then the more expensive it will be. They haven't released exact prices yet though.

I have an awesome thing to post tonight. Today, my crew and I broke our written max capacity while beating during a "power hour." We hit 53 cycles with a total of 1683 riders. I am so proud right now, the closest we had gotten to this before now was just 48 cycles. When we first got it, the higher ups didn't even believe it .

Epic! Awesome job!

^ That's awesome! Quick question how much are Scarowinds tickets? Also will all rides be open? I have never been to a Cedar Fair Halloween event.

All the rides operate during SCarowinds. The prices haven't been posted yet, SCarowinds starts 9/17 this year, which is a week earlier I believe.

I think they basically said "Fridays and Sundays will be cheaper than Saturdays" and "The closer you get to Halloween, the more the tickets will cost".

Not sure if they will do the VIP thing again, but it seemed to be a success so I would guess so.

I'm so looking forward to those 1:00 AM closes.

http://www.carowinds.com/public/visit/schedule/scarowinds.cfm

To answer your question, I don't remember the park ever selling something like that, but there is a snack stand specializing in ice cream and funnel cakes beside the bathrooms across from Cobra. We do, though, sell "ultimate" funnel cakes which are topped with ice cream, powdered sugar, chocolate syrup, and whipped cream.

I don't remember them ever selling those, and I work at the park as well as play out there a good bit. If they still do though, there is an ice cream place near Cobra that might still sell them.

Thanks bgwfreak and pufferfish for your replies. Maybe it was only available that year to test the market, like Knott's did with it's bacon & chocolate variety. I'll still keep hoping to come across them again sometime, somewhere.

• 4 weeks later...

As expected and rumored, Carowinds will be adding the Snoopy Starlight Spectacular next year, as well as increasing their hours of operation!

http://www.carowinds.com/public/news/whats_new_2011.cfm

Carowinds Introduces Million Dollar Light Show and Expanded Hours in 2011

New nighttime spectacular utilizes light, sound and motion to create a full sensory experience

The skyline of Carowinds will light up next summer as the amusement park announces plans to debut Snoopy's Starlight Spectacular, a million dollar nighttime walk-through light and sound experience featuring Snoopy and the PEANUTS™ gang, in the Summer of 2011.

Designed using a diverse mixture of low energy and high efficiency LED lighting, this immersive light and sound spectacular will stretch from County Fair through the entrance of Planet Snoopy and feature more than one and a half million LED lights adorned from trees and buildings. Midways will be accented by vibrant animated and stationary light displays, vivid theatrical lighting and other cutting edge special effects, all orchestrated to a custom designed audio soundtrack.

To showcase Snoopy's Starlight Spectacular, Carowinds will extend its operating hours until 10PM every day from June 27 through August 7, 2011. This expansion will offer guests more evening hours of fun to experience everything Carowinds has to offer. Snoopy's Starlight Spectacular will come to life each evening during these 10PM closes.

"Carowinds is dedicated to providing diversified entertainment the entire family can enjoy together”, said Carowinds' vice president and general manager, Bart Kinzel. “The addition of Snoopy's Starlight Spectacular and extension of our operating hours reaffirms our commitment to providing quality, family entertainment at the greatest value."

Guests can experience more hours of thrills than ever with a 2011 season pass, now on sale at www.carowinds.com or at the Carowinds main gate during regularly scheduled operating dates. 2011 Gold season passes are available for $64.99 each when you purchase 4 or more, and include exciting benefits like free parking, admission to SCarowinds Halloween Haunt and discounted Bring-A-Friend dates. Special renewal rates are also available for current 2010 season passholders. Offers expire October 31, 2010. Click the button below to learn more information about our 2011 season pass program.