TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

^No, we have no l ocker policy, though we do supply them if you want to use them. There's a set by Nighthawk that only cost 75 cents and is perfect for storing items while you do Nighthawk and Intimidator. The other 2 "kid" rides are a Vekoma Jr. Suspended, which I would recommend skipping unless you REALLY want the credit, and a PTC Jr woodie which has a decent amount of airtime in the back rows. Don't forget about the flyers. We promote snapping, so you can get a really good ride on them.

Unless I am completely, awfully, horribly mistaken, there are no l0ck3rs in the rides portion of the park other than the ones at Nighthawk and the front gate. Everything else has loose article bins.

Edit: What Pufferfish said just a few moments before I did.

Edit 2: I may or may not have unknowingly ridden Flying Ace Aerial Chase while being 77" tall when the max height is 76". Whoops.

• 2 weeks later...

^You still have a long way to go to reach my 70 rides. You did fail to mention that after that first hour was over, the crowds exploded and we had over a half hour line. Crowds were surprisingly sparse today though. We had a 5 minute line for most of the day, very strange for a Friday educational day.

10 rides this morning and my first 6 I didn't even have to exit the station.

First two the train was empty and I had the back half of the train to myself, that thing was hauling butt in a serious way!

Back is definitely the best place on Intimidator.

I was at Carowinds last weekend. Saturday was busy with the diabetes walk prior to the parking opening. I had to get my picture taken for my platinum pass anyway, so no biggy. The rides were fairly busy most of Saturday. Sunday before I flew home to Florida I got 13 consecutive rides in 3 hours on Inti-232. I must admit, I was disappointed with the 2 sets of trims on uphill runs. This really seems unnecessary.

Agree about the trims, very disappointing; although not surprising.

Opening weekend, Intimidator easily became my #1 steel coaster, but after returning the following weekend (right after riding 305), and with the trims killing the two best hills on the ride, it immediately fell out of my top 5. Oh well, though, no reason to complain. Ain't gonna change anything!

Agree about the trims, very disappointing; although not surprising.

Opening weekend, Intimidator easily became my #1 steel coaster, but after returning the following weekend (right after riding 305), and with the trims killing the two best hills on the ride, it immediately fell out of my top 5. Oh well, though, no reason to complain. Ain't gonna change anything!

I don't even rate Inti-232 in my top 10 steel. Diamondback at KI is my #10 even with it's trims.

1st post, I know I'm the new guy in town.

However i'm one of the few people that has rode Intimidator every weekend since "opening day". About the trims it just depends on the day and sometimes the individual train. Yesterday for example the trims did not hit at all, while the MCBR was. On other sites people make it seem like the trims stop the train every cycle, while they do hit hard some times there are still cycles that they are not even on.

1st post, I know I'm the new guy in town.

However i'm one of the few people that has rode Intimidator every weekend since "opening day". About the trims it just depends on the day and sometimes the individual train. Yesterday for example the trims did not hit at all, while the MCBR was. On other sites people make it seem like the trims stop the train every cycle, while they do hit hard some times there are still cycles that they are not even on.

I disagree with your statement on trims. As I said I rode it last weekend on both Saturday and Sunday and they hit every time. I rode it over 20 times that weekend. If they "hit" differently, it maybe due to the train speed sensors.

^Yea last weekend they were on pretty hard, but that helps to prove my point about it "depending the day". 1 weekend on hard, very next weekend not even on. You can't get much more of a difference then that... I definitely agree with you that they were on every train last weekend. Either way I think the airtime is still awesome!

When you can find a day where everyone knows what to do......then there will be world peace......the weather will always be in the mid to high 70's with no clouds.....and all world hunger will end.

I will say though that you guys do very well considering. so keep it up!

-Gary T.

And when the ride doesnt have problems. But at that point the apocalypse will come so im not going to be too hopeful about it. Thanks, I'm glad that some people really do see and understand what we do at nhawk is far from easy.

Went on Intimidator last weekend. I don't know if it was the trims or the weather or both, but it was very disappointing. Easily my least favorite B&M hyper out of the ones I've been on (SFoG Goliath, Nitro, Apollo's Chariot, Raging Bull). The first drop was great, but after that there was very little airtime, and little to no positive G-forces. They also made me take off my glasses, which seemed odd. Anyway, it was a decent ride, and very smooth and fast, just nowhere near my top 25.

It was my first time to the park, and I had fun overall. Didn't have to wait longer than 25 minutes for anything. Afterburn was easily my favorite at the park. Excellent coaster.