TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

So I have never been to Carowinds, 2010 will be my first visit, and I don't know the layout of the park but is Intimidator going out into the parking lot? And if so will it be relandscaped or will they leave all the lines like the monkeys at Six Flags did at Magic Mountain with Scream

This is looking great. I'm not sure if it's just me but it looks much more unique compared to recent B&Ms.

I agree that out of the 3 off the shelf B&M Megas for CF parks, this is the most original. However, this just seems like a lamer version of Nitro as it will most likely die at the MCBR, I don't find this necessarily that original.

I agree that out of the 3 off the shelf B&M Megas for CF parks, this is the most original. However, this just seems like a lamer version of Nitro as it will most likely die at the MCBR, I don't find this necessarily that original.

The only thing after the MCBR is a helix so I really dont think it "dying" after the MCBR is all that big of a deal...

^That's my point, they couldve done much more after the MCBR like some sharp airtime hills, or fast transitions or something, but instead, it'll just be a *most likely forceless* helix and maybe the slightest bit of airtime, B&M is just too conservative for my liking.

^That's my point, they couldve done much more after the MCBR like some sharp airtime hills, or fast transitions or something, but instead, it'll just be a *most likely forceless* helix and maybe the slightest bit of airtime, B&M is just too conservative for my liking.

I know that these new generation B&M's don't have as much airtime as the old generation, the carts are too long to experience much.

And I think they didn't add any hills because that race car driver this coaster was built for, won that many awards. I think there are 9 hills, and that race car drive won 9 awards or trophies or what ever. So I guess they didn't want anymore hills.

I know that these new generation B&M's don't have as much airtime as the old generation, the carts are too long to experience much.

And I think they didn't add any hills because that race car driver this coaster was built for, won that many awards. I think there are 9 hills, and that race car drive won 9 awards or trophies or what ever. So I guess they didn't want anymore hills.

To each his own, and I certainly can't make a blanket statement about all B&Ms, but I didn't find the longer trains to hurt the air-time at all. Comparing DB to AC, I felt DB had a similar amount of air, and more intense air-time at that.

The one thing I personally felt, was that the older, shorter trains made for a better ride in the back, while the longer trains on Diamondback make for a better ride with stronger air at the front of the train.

Also, based on what we're seeing with Intimidator, plus what B&M did with Behemoth and Diamondback, it looks like B&M really strives to control train speed coming out of their coasters' big turnarounds. Behemoth has three successive trims on the ascent of the three hills immediately following the hammerhead.

Diamondback has its trim brake on the ascent of the hill immediately following the hammerhead turn. And now, Carowind's new coaster features two trims, one each on the hills right after their unique turnaround.

About my post...

I think Dale Earnhardt won 7 Championships. And there are 7 hills on this coaster. I am not 100% sure, but I did not know this stuff.

So after the MCBR, they didn't want to add a lot.

Yeah I think how they worded it was "7 drops, one for every championship Dale Earnhardt won."

That is correct!

I love all the doom and gloom about the trims and mcbr.

If you look at the helix after the mcbr, it comes all the way down to the ground. You're going to be flying through that thing and into the final hill.

The hammerhead/turnaround/whatevercrazynametheycalledit looks like it's going to be very intense, unless they trim it hard, but I doubt that.

DB isn't trimmed hard, in fact in the front row you get ejector air on every single hill.

^ I think that's B&M trademark right now, lots of , Goliath at SFOG is like that in the front or back, middle not so much. Looks like it's going to be a great ride! Might just have to road trip next year!

I agree! The Goliath at SFOG is an airtime king for sure! This new coaster looks just as fun if not better. I cant wait! I posted a bunch of new pictures on my facebook page if anyone wants to check them out. I'd post them here BUT i still dont freakin know how to do so. Yeah i guess im kinda slooooow haha!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/david.coffman2?ref=profile

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like they have changed the cam angle at the construction site. I guess now we'll get a better look as they come down the homestretch in the coaster track phase of construction.

Edit: False alarm on the cam. It looks like they are back to the old angle for the time being.