TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

^^If I am not mistaken, it is being built above the parking lot presently, but before it opens they will rip the concrete out beneath the coaster and plant some grass. It will run right next to the parking lot but technically not be Scream! status.

^They screamed up that lift hill today. It is looking good.

One thing that still amazes me was how excited everyone was for this coaster, but how little love it is currently getting. Oh well.

Edit: 1000th post!

IDK if they ever stated that they're planting grass so I could be confused, but if you're just going by the animation, then grass is definitely not a sure shot. If those animations were accurate, Terminator at SFMM would be flying by pretty fields of grass and trees, and not sitting over a concrete slab.

One thing that still amazes me was how excited everyone was for this coaster, but how little love it is currently getting. Oh well.

lol thats the nature of the beast...

Lift hill will be topped off today!!!

Wrong...as always...

• 2 weeks later...
As of driving by on my way north today, the next support going down the drop is up. So looking at the lift from the highway is a real view to see. It completely dominates the sky line. The bold red color of the track is awesome.

Heading South on I-77 right around the Arrowood exit makes the new coaster look amazing. Sunday the sky looked really purple/orange when the sun was setting and made it look "intimidating" From this view, the lift hill totally swallows Afterburn.

Im so excited to get out and ride this coaster next summer...i wonder how it will compare to SFOG's Goliath and BGE's Apollo's Chariot (the only other Southeastern B&M Hypers)? If it delivers as much as Goliath (which i'm sure it will) then Carowinds has a masterpiece on its hands!

^I don't think it took very long to actually construct the lift hill on DB. But it did get slowed down because it was going right over an active pathway on the weekends, and in a pretty tight and hilly spot. I remember seeing them squeeze in the trucks with the lift hill track on the pathway....quite entertaining.

The construction crew doesnt work on weekends at carowinds either. They have been actually knocking off work early some days and still are doing a fantastic job. All the supports leading into the 3rd hill are up right now but I wonder how they are gonna do it because there will be track needing to go up onthe opposite side and the other side path looks too small to accomodate a crane...

So yea, the coaster is coming along great. And this still is the Carowinds discussion thread, not just the Intimidator discussion thread. So I want to know if anyone went to Scarowinds last weekend, and if it was stupid busy like I heard it was.

Also, i'm going this friday . . . .EEEEEK. And i'm worried its going to be REALLY busy. I've never been before, can anyone enlighten me? And what should we do if there are alot of people? Are there any attractions that crowds tend to stay away from, or that the lines move quickly? Thanks for your help!!

^ I can completely confirm that we were very busy last weekend. We were originally closing at midnight on Saturday, but we decided to stay open until 1, if that gives you an idea how bad it was. Afterburn's line was 1 and a half to 2 hours long all night.

This friday, I of course can't tell the future, but i'm pretty sure we will be very busy. We are staying open until 1:00am, which is the good thing, the bad thing is that CMS has no school on Friday due to a teacher work day. Crowds will be very heavy, probably close to the ammount we saw last Saturday. We open the gates at 6:30 to avoid overcrowding at the gates, be sure to get here as soon as possible. After you are in, do The Asylum first and then immediately run over to Cornstalkers. These are the two most popular mazes and can have 30 minute to 1 hour waits on even the lightest of days.

Ride wise, I'd reccomend you to stay away from the rides unless the lines are actually fully contained in the standard queue line. If it's spilling out, it's probably got atleast an hour long wait.

To get the most out of your night, I really strongly recommend doing the Prehaunt VIP tour. It gives you a meal and early access to one of the more popular mazes before the park even opens. That's all I have to say really other than, I hope crowds aren't too bad, and have fun. Be sure to come up to Afterburn and say Hi to me while I'm working.

the weather was not that good for photos today but the ride looks amazing in person. It could almost be seen all over the park! I really dont think that one trim will kill the ride. I mean SFoG goliath has like 5 back to back on the valley of the pull out of the helix and even when it is on it doesnt kill the ride...