TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

But the forces on the new ones just seem weird to me. Lots of pushing me forward into my lapbar and then sitting me down hard sort of stuff.

AHA! Someone who thinks exactly how I do! That's why my favorite seat on Diamondback is in row 9 or 10. The "Traditional" B&M feel; nice and floaty. The airtime in the front and back is so unusual. I love it! But it's weird...

-JZ

Dear Carowinds, Cedar Fair, and the Kinzel Family,

Thank you very much for putting up a live update webcam. On behalf of those who do not have a life, you have given them the ultimate joy and pleasure of watching the construction of your new coaster, as they will witness a new image on their computer monitor every 2-5 seconds. They are now able to see every support be risen, and every 20 foot movement of each bulldozer. Not only that, but the Carowinds thread on ThemeParkReview will be nearly 200 pages in length by Labor Day due to each 1 sentence update from random members, taking little chunks out of Robb and Elissa's bandwidth - larger chunks from those who decide to post screenshots every 37 seconds.

So once again, thank you all, and may you all have a great night!

Thanks,

Jay Willis

Representative of all coaster nerds with nothing to do with thier life

555-555-5262

Dear Carowinds, Cedar Fair, and the Kinzel Family,

Thank you very much for putting up a live update webcam. On behalf of those who do not have a life, you have given them the ultimate joy and pleasure of watching the construction of your new coaster, as they will witness a new image on their computer monitor every 2-5 seconds. They are now able to see every support be risen, and every 20 foot movement of each bulldozer. Not only that, but the Carowinds thread on ThemeParkReview will be nearly 200 pages in length by Labor Day due to each 1 sentence update from random members, taking little chunks out of Robb and Elissa's bandwidth - larger chunks from those who decide to post screenshots every 37 seconds.

So once again, thank you all, and may you all have a great night!

Thanks,

Jay Willis

Representative of all coaster nerds with nothing to do with thier life

555-555-5262

And what usefulness is your post adding to this thread? It's taking up bandwidth too.

I can not believe that people compare coasters the way they do-First do not compare wood coasters to steel coasters case scenario El Toro to new intimidator 1305 not a comparison must be new to coaster enthusiast realm will be forgiven in future! also the OTSR on intimidator 1305 you will not get ejector time because of OTSR might get a little floater but OTSR will hold you back. So if you want airtime look and support small endangered parks and coasters with classic old hand bars not even the new lap bars give you airtime on old favorites(Rebel Yell KD,Racer KI,Thunder Road CW) that have been converted to lap bars. I remember riding Rebel Yell when i was 5 before height limits changed my mother and father had to grab me cause i was floating out of the train what a great memory my kids had to wait till they were exactly 48 inches to ride Thunder Road CW even with new LAP BARS COME ON NOW!

This summer my youngest daughter finally got to ride Swamp Fox at Family Kingdom and she loved it no lap bars just traditional hand bar what a rush!

But the forces on the new ones just seem weird to me. Lots of pushing me forward into my lapbar and then sitting me down hard sort of stuff.

AHA! Someone who thinks exactly how I do! That's why my favorite seat on Diamondback is in row 9 or 10. The "Traditional" B&M feel; nice and floaty. The airtime in the front and back is so unusual. I love it! But it's weird...

Really now? How interesting. Our visit to KI this year was a very quick, spontaneous one. We only rode Diamondback twice--once in the front, and once in the back. I suppose we must try row 9 next time....

• 2 weeks later...

Well right now according to my buddy Chris, as of his pictures there is 2 lift pieces up, and 1 more new lift support. It seems right now the primary focus is the station, I'm guessing its because thats where most of the mechanical and electrical parts are due to station/transfer and brakes. I'm pretty happy about how much work is going ingo this ride, Though the 3rd crane is still puzzling to me.

^^If I am not mistaken, it is being built above the parking lot presently, but before it opens they will rip the concrete out beneath the coaster and plant some grass. It will run right next to the parking lot but technically not be Scream! status.

^They screamed up that lift hill today. It is looking good.

One thing that still amazes me was how excited everyone was for this coaster, but how little love it is currently getting. Oh well.

Edit: 1000th post!