TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

I really do not understand the logic behind the Peanuts revival in the parks. I have 3 kids, only the oldest even knows who Charlie Brown is, but the others are all into Nick and noggin characters, they couldn't care less if Snoopy walked up to them.

Just my 2 cents.

PEANUTS has been a part of Cedar Point Parks for a long time I think (KNOTTS BERRY FARM has had them forever I think). I think they will do pretty good here . .

Why was I member here so long before actually visiting on a regular basis? I love reading this stuff!

If this provides even close to as much fun as I had last October on Apollo's Chariot at night (which is heavily trimmed), it's going to be awesome. Plus, Carowinds finally has another high capacity ride - Carolina Cobra and Nighthawk, Vekoma fun though they may be, don't exactly pump guests through.

It was mentioned earlier, but I, too, am surprised there wasn't a splashdown. Not that it's necessary.

And as for a Mega-Lite, hello Freestyle Music Park (wishful thinking but man they look amazing!)

I noticed on the POV, there are no trims. On Diamondback's POV, there are. Hmmm....

OMG! Controversy! It took like 15 pages, but it's finally here!

Let the debate begin!

--Robb "And this BETTER be as good as the KD restraint debate!" Alvey

Now I didn't see any in the video but I'm willing to bet CF will install trims all over the ride and ruin it.

Why would you think this? This wasn't the case on either Behemoth or Diamonback so what makes you think that out of the blue Cedar Fair is going to brake happy with this one?

--Robb

Your joking right? Behemoth has 3 trims on 3 out of the 4 hills between the hammerhead and MCBR. And when I went on it you could tell they were working. Granted Diamondback only has one trim and haven't got to ride it so I cant compare it.

My point is this with the exception of Hollywood Dream every B&M mega coaster has had at least one trim throughout the course why would this one be any different. And imo the layout of Intimidater and Behemoth are similar in some respects and i just see at least 2 or 3 trims on the camel back hills after the turn around.

I have to say this track layout looks incredible. I definitely prefer the layout to KD's. Plus no OTSRs! It certainly looks like the better Intimidator to me, but obviously I'd have to ride both of them to say for sure.

^ Since when did B&M Hypers have OTSRs in the first place???

Compared to KD's Giga, I don't really care which one's better. It seems that the Giga is more speed-oriented while the Hyper is more airtime oriented.

Overall, this looks like it could be the sickest B&M hyper to date. The second hill and crazy hammerhead turn looks absolutely amazing...

Serious..... why would people be freaking out about a B&M hyper possibly having OSTR's in the first place?

He wasn't "freaking out." He was saying that he was happy that the ride lacked OTSRs.

Serious..... why would people be freaking out about a B&M hyper possibly having OSTR's in the first place?

He wasn't "freaking out." He was saying that he was happy that the ride lacked OTSRs.

Exactly. I was just pointing that out as one of the reasons I think this looks better than KD's Intimadator. I know B&Ms don't have OTSR on their hypers.

The contract with Nickelodeon was not renewed for any of their parks. That is why they are interested in the New Orleans park. I think this is a BAD move on their part. Kids these days relate to the nick characters not the peanuts ones.

I have a 5 and 9 year old so I can attest to the popularity of Nickelodeon in our house...in the past! But they are actually, voluntarily, switching more to the Disney shows, (esp. Phineas & Pherb) and even moreso over to Boomerang. My 5 yr. old said Sponge-Bob is boring, (he used to worship that idiot!). But for my kids anyway...Snoopy/Peanuts is timeless. They never miss a holiday episode, plus they have the stuffed animals and some videos of them.

I don't think it's a BAD move for the company, but a smart one. I cannot imagine how much $$$ they've dished out for the rights and royalties to those Nick characters. Plus, while it's clearly huge, I don't think the Nick characters are quite as popular as they were a year ago...we may be starting to see them slip a bit with kids in the near future.

Doesn't CF have sort of chunk of the Peanuts franchise that they own, or nearly own? If so, or if they can get that theming considerably cheaper, why not go with Snoopy/Peanuts. If they have good marketing teams in place at these CF parks they can make this work really well. To me, it makes better financial sense in the end.

Doesn't CF have sort of chunk of the Peanuts franchise that they own, or nearly own? If so, or if they can get that theming considerably cheaper, why not go with Snoopy/Peanuts. If they have good marketing teams in place at these CF parks they can make this work really well. To me, it makes better financial sense in the end.

Nope, its a licensing situation. Much like that of the Nick characters.

It's owned by United Features Syndicate, which in turn is owned by the company I work for...E.W. Scripps.

Personally I think this ride looks awesome. I loved Diamondback, I love the B&M Hyper trainstyle, and I love the interesting changes in direction that this ride offers. I say a definite win for Carowinds! I will absolutely be back to ride this bad boy next year!

Guy "Unless they build it through an IKEA." Koepp

This is extremely smart marketing by Carowinds. Charlotte North Carolina is the NASCAR hub. At least 85% of the GP there live and breathe NASCAR. About 45% of the GP cheered for Dale Earnhardt and still are huge fans. I'm willing to bet only a handful of people who go to the park don't know who Dale Earnhardt is. People who have never heard of Carowinds will hear about the new ride and its theme and become very curious and possibly visit the park. Very smart marketing.