TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

The POV video and Offride video from Intimidator are allready posted here.

But for the fans of B&M hyper coasters and this new Carowinds rollercoaster i have uploaded 2 more video's.

Teaser:

[coastertube]http://www.themeparkreview.com/coastertube/play.php?vid=intimidator_teaser_800x450_kgbm[/coastertube]

Flyaround:

[coastertube]http://www.themeparkreview.com/coastertube/play.php?vid=intimidator_flyaround_800x450_gtqg[/coastertube]

The layout for this ride looks pretty insane. It's easily the coolest layout B&M has done with a Hyper coaster but I do think that the other Intimidator is going to beat this one in my rankings. MF > AC for me. I'll have to see how I like Nitro on Friday but I still can't wait to ride both next year.

The one problem I have about this ride is the repeat name and logo. I though CF was above that, but then again the name doesn't make the ride.

I love the colors by the way. I think it's really stunning and for both rides it looks like they have pretty awesome themeing.

Seeing as I've never been to Carowinds, this just sweetens the deal. This is also a great excuse for me to visit my brother, who lives only two hours away.

As to the ride itself, I'm sure it's going to be a great addition to Carowinds. But, will it make my top 10? Probably not.

Ohhhhhh, this new ride looks soooooooooooooooo sweeet !!!!!!!

In case yall missed it, CAROWINDS also announced that the PEANUTS gang will be replacing the NICKTOONS characters next year (I guess the license with Paramount finally ran out). Finally, I will get to tell Lucy in person to lay off of Charlie Brown !!!!!

I really do not understand the logic behind the Peanuts revival in the parks. I have 3 kids, only the oldest even knows who Charlie Brown is, but the others are all into Nick and noggin characters, they couldn't care less if Snoopy walked up to them.

Just my 2 cents.

Looks like a good ride... not the best B&M hyper ever but a good ride nevertheless.

Can someone please tell me why B&M insists on putting in a MCBR with so little track separating it from the final brake run?? I mean if all there is after the MCBR is a 360 degree helix and dip wouldn't it just be more efficient to do away with the MCBR and extend the final brake run as to not disrupt the pacing. Just a thought...

^ I have to agree in regard to the MegaLite comment. I just see that as being a European thing. There are rides that you see over in Europe that you just know won't ever be in the US, and that kind of design is just one of them.

I don't think it's just a European thing. Aren't there more in Asia than Europe. I think 1 in Europe to 2 in Asia. I've ridden 2 and can vouch for how good they are.

Definately looking forward to riding Intimidator on my US tour next year. The sweeping first drop looks fantastic. Other than the over head thing I prefer the look of the layout compared to Kings Dominion one. I'm not a fan of those rapid direction changes that Intamin have been using. They remind me of those awful trick track elements found on wooden coasters.

^ I have to agree in regard to the MegaLite comment. I just see that as being a European thing. There are rides that you see over in Europe that you just know won't ever be in the US, and that kind of design is just one of them.

I don't think it's just a European thing. Aren't there more in Asia than Europe. I think 1 in Europe to 2 in Asia. I've ridden 2 and can vouch for how good they are.

Definately looking forward to riding Intimidator on my US tour next year. The sweeping first drop looks fantastic. Other than the over head thing I prefer the look of the layout compared to Kings Dominion one. I'm not a fan of those rapid direction changes that Intamin have been using. They remind me of those awful trick track elements found on wooden coasters.

That is a good point. I would like my comment to be changed to "an overseas thing."

Awesome layout, and for all the fanboys...B&M have broken the 230ft barrier!!!!

YESS!!!! This was all I was hoping for! For the second time they have...now I hope no one will ask "why wont B&M go over 230ft"!

The strong airtime argument may be a factor, but I think it's a very weak one. Bizarro just got some new sneakers, and The rest of the ROS's still operate as usual along with El Toro, Voyage, Boulderdash and other extreme-air coasters.

I think better arguments could be made for:

-No more T-Bar restraints will be used in the US.

-A mega-lite is 105-108 Feet tall, with an average angle of first drop, Short length, and unimposing speed. Not Record-Breaking.

-LOW capacity. Two very, very short trains. Listed capacity is not much more than the average wild mouse.

Where a big park could build one of these is something themed in the vein of Evil Knievel, Terminator, or Tony Hawk (but then I would ask, why spend the money for the Intamin Steelie when you can just buy something cheaper, such as the GCI?)

Don't give up hope for a mega-lite, but I don't expect one from Cedar Fair, and probably not Six Flags. I think these fit in the smaller parks of Europe and Asia well and that's why they have them (My two most likely for the US would be Lagoon or Silverwood, if I had to make a prediction).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About this ride, well, if there was a Sportsnation Poll asking us "Which 2009 Dale Earnhardt-themed Roller Coaster are you most excited for?" I would vote for this version. Sorry PKD.

I like how there was 5 pages of comments right after it was announced and when it was changed to officially announce the coaster those were all erased....sorry, that was just a little annoying. Anyway, I think this coaster is going to be amazing! With B & M Hypers being my favorite, this totally gave me a boner when I saw it! This will definitely give me a reason to be there as soon as this thing opens next year! It is about time that Cedar Fair gave Carowinds something that will finally put them on the map. Here's hoping it will be the best B & M Hyper ever!

I like how there was 5 pages of comments right after it was announced and when it was changed to officially announce the coaster those were all erased....sorry, that was just a little annoying.

Sorry about that, but the thread was honestly a total mess and it needed a bit of "pruning."

To be honest, it was like cutting a head off the hydra where as soon as I deleted all those posts and cleaned it up, those exact same posts all just grew right back!

Seriously though, I know it's a bit annoying now, but in a few months when you're searching the forum for information or whatever, you'll be happy it's all in one place.

--Robb "There is a reason why we do some things, I swear!" Alvey

Always glad to see another B&M Hyper and an interesting move to to do an Intamin and a B&M rendition. Glad to see both parks get a cool ride and new icons.

Carowinds gets bonus points for the downloadable videos along with the always appreciated net-swag. I'm a fan of ride logos and concept art, so things like this make the day brighter. Big thanks!

Carowinds gets bonus points for the downloadable videos

I'm actually glad someone else noted this too. I don't understand why some places don't want to you to download their videos and ONLY watch it on their server.

It's not like Bandwidth should be that huge of an issue anymore.

I know when we started developing CoasterTube one of the first things on my list was "user HAS to be able to download the video" and with CT we give the user three different download options!

--Robb