TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

I still think Goliath at SFoG will be better.

How? This has got everything Goliath doesn't.

I wouldn't even bother responding to such a well thought out, intelligent post.

Anyway, I've added the POV and Offride rendering videos to the announcement post in case you haven't seen them already:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=799445#799445

--Robb

Good point. This ride is taller, longer, and faster than Goliath. It has more interesting turns too.

Wow, Looks like all the old Paramount Parks are switching to Snoopy. I think KI will be next to announce it's snoopy, but I don't think CGA will get snoopy.

The contract with Nickelodeon was not renewed for any of their parks. That is why they are interested in the New Orleans park. I think this is a BAD move on their part. Kids these days relate to the nick characters not the peanuts ones.

Yeah, but all the Nick characters currently in the Paramount parks are all old, and ones kids don't know. Wild Thornberrys? Rugrats? Hey Arnold? They probably know who they are, but can't relate to them like people my age used to. Whereas, EVERYONE (exaggeration, of course) knows who Snoopy and Charlie Brown are.

Plus you have to take into account licensing agreements and the like. It doesn't have to do with who the kids know as much as money and legality.

As for the ride, it is certainly more appealing to me than the King's Dominion version. Considering the two B&M hypers I have ridden are on the top of my steel list, that really isn't a shock. Great addition to the park. I think they got it right for sure.

Love the restraints.

Actually, I like the layout, too. Especially the hammerhead and that tilted helix finale thing.

The second hill looks a bit odd from some angles. I'll be interested to see how that rides.

i have to admit, i am impressed. The location looks cool and I really dig those extra curves on that drop and hammerhead ...err "panoramic u turn"... im not to sure how awesome the ending will be but the rest looks like a crowd pleaser. I love new coaster announcements... makes the work day better...

Wow, Looks like all the old Paramount Parks are switching to Snoopy. I think KI will be next to announce it's snoopy, but I don't think CGA will get snoopy.

The contract with Nickelodeon was not renewed for any of their parks. That is why they are interested in the New Orleans park. I think this is a BAD move on their part. Kids these days relate to the nick characters not the peanuts ones.

Yeah, but all the Nick characters currently in the Paramount parks are all old, and ones kids don't know. Wild Thornberrys? Rugrats? Hey Arnold? They probably know who they are, but can't relate to them like people my age used to. Whereas, EVERYONE (exaggeration, of course) knows who Snoopy and Charlie Brown are.

Tell that to my two year old that flipped out when she saw Spongebob or Dora. We had to ride everything that was open (KI in May so lots of their rides were closed during the day). I still think it will hurt CF more than they realize.

Well yeah, because Spongebob and Dora are still on TV. There are still a lot of outdated themes such as Rocket Power, Hey Arnold, Rugrats, Wild Thornberrys, etc.

Plus you have to take into account licensing agreements and the like. It doesn't have to do with who the kids know as much as money and legality.

Yeah, definitely. Why keep paying fees throughout the years when you can just use a theme you already have a license for?

Assuming Cedar Point's upcoming announcement will not include one, I guess this means another year of hoping for an Intamin mega lite installation is over. Maybe they're considered a terroristic threat to the U.S. or something?

Oh well, boobs around the state line pole still > than another B&M hyper (although it'll still be fun). I just wish Carowinds could have given me a greater reason to rush over there next season. Something similar to iSpeed would've made more sense to me. Oh well. It could've been worse, I suppose.

EDIT: Manute Bol.

Assuming Cedar Point's upcoming announcement will not include one, I guess this means another year of hoping for an Intamin mega lite installation is over. Maybe they're considered a terroristic threat to the U.S. or something?

Oh well, boobs around the state line pole still > than another B&M hyper (although it'll still be fun). I just wish Carowinds could have given me a greater reason to rush over there next season. Something similar to iSpeed would've made more sense to me. Oh well. It could've been worse, I suppose.

Go ride I-305. That kinda looks like a megalite.

Love the restraints.

Actually, I like the layout, too. Especially the hammerhead and that tilted helix finale thing.

The second hill looks a bit odd from some angles. I'll be interested to see how that rides.

Took this long for a restraint joke, that is a record

Agree with the hammerhead, it looks different in a good way than the others.

Looks like another off-the-shelf B&M hyper if I'm honest.

What if you're dishonest?

Looks like there are two good reasons for renewing my Cedar Fair pass, anyway. I like the B&M hypers and the big Intamins, so all is well.

Looks like another off-the-shelf B&M hyper if I'm honest.

Off the awesome shelf.

Win!

As critical as I often am of Cedar Point/Fair, I do need to give them credit for being the world's hypercoaster torchbearers.

Sure, a lot of these new B&M hypers feel, well, a bit similar to one another. But just imagine how annoying it would be if they actually were clones.

Another unique new hypercoaster is a solid win in my book--and this one looks especially good, I think.

Let's put it this way:

B&M hypers are like having sex with really hot blondes (or, for the women and some men out there, brown hair blue eyed male models). You have sex with one, and it is amazing. So you go to the next one, and it feels the same, but it still really freakin' good. The next one is very similar, but is awesome...... you get the idea.

Let's put it this way:

B&M hypers are like having sex with really hot blondes (or, for the women and some men out there, brown hair blue eyed male models). You have sex with one, and it is amazing. So you go to the next one, and it feels the same, but it still really freakin' good. The next one is very similar, but is awesome...... you get the idea.

Good job making an analogy no one on this forum will be able to properly comprehend.

I think it looks great. It's a good combination of hills and turns for me and I like that the block is pretty late in the ride. Speaking of brakes, I didn't notice any trims on the POV throughout the layout. Sure they could add them later, but it should at least open un-trimmed!

The guy that does these animations uses the 3D cad files for the ride and it's always pretty much 100% dead on. Look at Diamondback and Behemoth for example, they accurately showed where the trims would be placed.

Manta doesn't have any trims except for the block, so maybe B&M is finally getting back to their old self and not putting trims (or I believe they call them "check brakes") on every hill.