TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

This is venturing far off topic, but the bar extending wouldnt really work with the retractable floors in the station as it would interfere with them. But before you say "Make the bars higher than the floor," doing that would lead to a tripping hazard. In order to have a floorless lap bar, it'd either need to come from above like on Pilgrim's Plunge, and the Vekoma Jr Inverts etc, or come from the side like on the X-Car. However a clam shell wouldnt work nearly as well coming from those directions

I guess in theory you could use restraints like those found on the S&S big swing rides. They raise and lower based on the height of the rider and then pull down securely.

That's what I was thinking . . .

I guess in theory you could use restraints like those found on the S&S big swing rides. They raise and lower based on the height of the rider and then pull down securely.

That's what I was thinking . . .

Yay, that's true but B&M hasn't done anything like on previous projects and I highly doubt they will start. However B&M has been known to change rides to floorless to reduce weight (Griffon) but the hyper trains won't be that heavy.

But you could still have a floorless car on a hyper you'd have to do the seating like on Apollo's Chariot and Nitro and then have the lap bar attached to the (tiny) floor. There probably wouldn't be a zero car but i don't know why they would want one - block the view.

But even on Apollo's Chariot the way you sit your feet don't touch the floor...

Still confused as to what the name will be. I mean this gives a strong idea as to what the theme will be, but the name of KD's coaster is specific to it's design. Also, the way it's being marketed as the tallest and faster coaster in the Mid-Atlantic, it can't help but make you wonder how Carowinds' coaster is going to be "record breaking" and "history making" if i.305 isn't even going to be bigger than Millienium Force?

Intimidator 239.99 anyone?

I hope those people got permission from Cedar Fair to leak the name of the Carowinds coaster

Where do you see the name in that article? It says KD's coaster name is Intimidator but it never mentions Carowinds name. I'm going with White Lightning.

Intimidator 239.99 anyone?

I hope those people got permission from Cedar Fair to leak the name of the Carowinds coaster

Where do you see the name in that article? It says KD's coaster name is Intimidator but it never mentions Carowinds name. I'm going with White Lightning.

Sorry I misread the article haha

^^After reading one little snippit from the from the KD write up, I have a feeling the "record" being broken is tallest coaster in the park, just like the fastest meanest coaster ever to strike!...Kings Island.

That is an epic photo of HRRR. I don't really understand what the deal is and peoples beef with new coasters. I mean every single person on this site wants a mega lite in the states, well KD is getting a giga mega lite, should be awesome. And CW should have a great one too, I am liking the look of the support angles.

can't help but make you wonder how Carowinds' coaster is going to be "record breaking" and "history making

Breaking records is easy. Any marketing department can do it with the right qualifiers. I suspect the records Carowinds' 2010 B&M hyper is making will carry an "...in the Carolinas" or "...in the South" qualifier.

Heck, you don't even need a marketing department to break records. I just broke the record for most time sitting in my desk chair typing this response about breaking records.

But the funny thing about that BS is, it works! Perhaps not on the enthusiast population but for the general public and the media, nothing sounds better than saying what you have is bigger and badder than the rest. It may sound stupid to us, but for everyone else it is pure profit.

Ding ding! We have a winner. Sounds like someone knows a bit about marketing.

I bet everybody that despite the new coaster obviously being the tallest and fastest coaster at Carowinds (most likely), that it will not be advertised as such, the Carolina Cobra is the tallest coaster at Carowinds, but was not advertised as the tallest. I'm just saying, if they don't advertise the new coaster as the tallest and fastest at Carowinds (if it is), that's a pretty sad marketing decision.

So would anyone like to place bets on how quickly after the announcement it will be before this thread descends into complete chaos? I give it 2 hours.

More like two minutes. The good news is people are expecting a B&M hyper like Diamondback and not something that will be over 300 feet tall and over two miles long.