TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

Ok please...i am new here.

Its a hyper and am happy that we are getting one.

And finally we get something over 4000ft long, 150ft tall.

While nothing has been confirmed, I think it is fair to say this is a hyper. Sorry, if I rubbed you the wrong way, I was just letting you know you should get spell check. Also, I have had to deal with my share of awful admins so I feel for ya, TPR has some of the best around, so my guess is you should have a much better time on this site.

I'm guessing Carowinds will be receiving yellow supports just like KD's Giga...

I hope not. On KI's hyper, the small steel supports used to hold up the track station are the same color as the tall steel supports to hold up the track except for on the lift hill. If this is the same case at Carowinds then the supports except for possibly on the lift hill will be silver due to the track station support color being silver.

^^How do you know that the supports in the station are silver. None have arrived yet I beleive.

Apollo's chariot has ejector airtime but the others just have floater. Raging bull and Nitro might have ejector but there are mixed reviews on those. From what I've heard the newer ones don't have to much air though.

^^How do you know that the supports in the station are silver. None have arrived yet I beleive.

Apollo's chariot has ejector airtime but the others just have floater. Raging bull and Nitro might have ejector but there are mixed reviews on those. From what I've heard the newer ones don't have to much air though.

No, not the station where you get on and off the coaster. I'm referring to the place where they store the trains when they're not being used. The steel used to hold that up is the same color as the supports on KI's hyper except on the lift hill. The steel used to hold up the train storage for the new coaster at Carowinds has arrived and it's silver.

Diamondback's air blows AC's air outta the water.

I just road Apollo's Chariot a couple weeks ago... front of the train, back of the train... and while it was a really fun coaster, I sure didn't feel any air-time on it nearly as forceful as the air you get in the front couple rows of DB.

Given the fact that DB and Behemoth seem to be the highest rated of the B&M hypers, I think its safe to say that this new one for Carowinds will hold up well.

^Yes, it will be a B&M hyper.

Tchu- According to the 2008 Mitch Hawker poll, the B&M hypers fall as follows...

-#7 Behemoth at CW

-#14 Goliath at SFOG

-#16 Nitro at SFGAv

-#20 AC at BGE

Albeit DB hasn't even been open a year, but either way the coaster is going to be anything but a let down. Side note, anyone else think it is funny that of the top 20, 19 are either B&M or Intamin?

^Yes, it will be a B&M hyper.

Tchu- According to the 2008 Mitch Hawker poll, the B&M hypers fall as follows...

-#7 Behemoth at CW

-#14 Goliath at SFOG

-#16 Nitro at SFGAv

-#20 AC at BGE

Albeit DB hasn't even been open a year, but either way the coaster is going to be anything but a let down. Side note, anyone else think it is funny that of the top 20, 19 are either B&M or Intamin?

They are the 2 best!

Which one's the stand out? Phantom's Revenge?

Edit: \ / dammit! thanks for reminding me, I should have known.