TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

Did anyone else notice how the cutout in the wall looks like the Windows logo? And the person in the room has a fantastic new vista to look at?? I GOT IT!! Windows Vista - The Ride. Guaranteed to blue-screen your day!

I noticed that too. Maybe window's is sponsoring the ride?

That's just a default image when setting up Microsoft's IIS7. It's also the same image Microsoft uses in their "Life Without Walls" campaign. Completely unrelated to the coaster.

Please coaster gods, let this coaster do more than go up and down with a couple of helices thrown in.

Then prepare to be disappointed. It's a hyper...that's all its gonna do. I've ridden Behemoth and Diamondback and would trade every coaster in So Cal for what you're getting.

^But hypers can do so much more! Just look at Bizarro, Expedition Ge Force, SFOG Goliath, Walibi Goliath etc. That's what I really wanna see B&M do

Edit: But honestly, there are so many rides that I'd trade all of the Cali Coasters for, not like we have anything too good around here (well maybe X2)

^But hypers can do so much more! Just look at Bizarro, Expedition Ge Force, SFOG Goliath, Walibi Goliath etc. That's what I really wanna see B&M do

How is SFOG Goliath diffrent from the other B&M hypers like D-Back, and the others exept theres no brake run in the middle of the ride.

But hypers can do so much more! Just look at Bizarro, Expedition Ge Force, SFOG Goliath, Walibi Goliath etc. That's what I really wanna see B&M do

Other than the inclusion of an overbank all those rides do is go up and down and have a helix.

How about a crapload of transitions and a giant soupbowl?

^^^^Alright you owned me on that one, Goliath was a bad example

Edit: Honestly, how does this

Credit: About.com

Look like this?

Credit: Travelandleisure.com

I think some of it is just a matter of what fits in the park. Coasters with lifts this long tend to fit into long strips of real-estate pretty easily. Carowinds is giving up very little space that could be practically used for anything else with this one based on the markings.

I'm excited to see a new B&M coaster at Carowinds. Their skyline could really use it, I remember it was kind of small and lacking when we were there for Deep South. We kept joking the place was a vekoma showcase minus an SLC. However it a great park, I'd go back in the future for a B&M hyper. Can't wait til Aug 26th so we can find out more.