TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

^ There is no evidence. Everyone is just guessing the red track outside B&M's plant is going to Carowinds.

I agree & don't be too suprised if it turns out to be an intamin mega rather than a B&M hyper as there's no documented proof that CF entered into a multi coaster contract with B&M or anyone else for that matter.

Well West Virginia is known for Moonshine and most people know of Morgantown, WV because of WVU. So I can understand why they used Morgantown because it is easily associated with WV.

They're theming it after Noel Devine, obviously.

Here's my .02----IF this is going to be themed to "The Intimidator"/NASCAR themed . . . I don't think this coaster will be going vertical so much as horizontal, BUT extremely fast. Isn't there some coaster in Germany right now that's the fastest is the world but very LOW to the ground.

If Carowinds is going to try to Mimic the whole NASCAR thing, my guess is this ride will feature a very Top Thrill Dragster/Kingda Ka launch- keep it very low to the ground and do a number of "laps" as opposed to "hills" and or inversions as most race cars don't really go up and down nor would it be a good idea for them to do an inversion. Again, just my thoughts if they are going with the whole "racing" theme.

Well West Virginia is known for Moonshine and most people know of Morgantown, WV because of WVU. So I can understand why they used Morgantown because it is easily associated with WV.

They're theming it after Noel Devine, obviously.

So, this will be the shortest coaster ever?

Here's my .02----IF this is going to be themed to "The Intimidator"/NASCAR themed . . . I don't think this coaster will be going vertical so much as horizontal, BUT extremely fast. Isn't there some coaster in Germany right now that's the fastest is the world but very LOW to the ground.

If Carowinds is going to try to Mimic the whole NASCAR thing, my guess is this ride will feature a very Top Thrill Dragster/Kingda Ka launch- keep it very low to the ground and do a number of "laps" as opposed to "hills" and or inversions as most race cars don't really go up and down nor would it be a good idea for them to do an inversion. Again, just my thoughts if they are going with the whole "racing" theme.

Or they could theme it to a Nascar crash and have a fast launch followed by tons of inversions and fireball effects!!

Here are some pictures of the shipping container. I will go back on Wednesday or Thursday to get better pictures. All I had on me today was my cell phone.

crate2.jpg.814a3116ec05d93d84906b39338c7096.jpg

Lightning is hot.

crate3.jpg.1942947c77ddff88f840a1b5b8351f58.jpg

This is from the side of the crate above the shipping label. I'm thinking big too. Big is nice.

crate1.jpg.e371c743e1fcefeacba83866cbddc469.jpg

This is a picture of the front of the crate.

^Either that or they're getting a clone - complete with GIANT UGLY BOX THEMING!!! (Yes, I did get the reference, and was about to point it out until I read your post haha)

One thing that kinda bothers me is that they simply recycled the "think big, really big" bit from DB's marketing. Other than that it's looking forward to more teasers leading up to the announcement.