TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

sorta... that was the name of the shwarzkopft shuttle looper removed back in the 80's. and there was the "they say lightning never strikes the same place twice. they were wrong" thing rumored so something along the lines of that would probably be it (hence my suggested "ThunderStruck"). plus, i don't think they'd give it a recycled name

and, if the rumors are true and the red hyper track in ohio is for us, why would they name it 'White' Lightnin'?

^So you only like Raging Bull?

If that is the design, then this could be another really good ride. It won't be an Expedition GeForce or Bizarro, but it will still be a good ride that most people who visit the park will have probably have never ridden. The only thing is that I hope the final design has a few more airtime hills after the mid-course.

^So you only like Raging Bull?

If that is the design, then this could be another really good ride. It won't be an Expedition GeForce or Bizarro, but it will still be a good ride that most people who visit the park will have probably have never ridden. The only thing is that I hope the final design has a few more airtime hills after the mid-course.

Hopefully it's one of those coasters that actually attracts enthusiasts from everywhere to the park, because we seem to be lacking one of those...

• 3 weeks later...

That's a very nice video . The amount of land they cleared would suggest it could be a wooden coaster. CF have recently been putting up a lot of

GCI woodies at there parks (Prowler at WOF and Renegade at Valley Fair). Maybe Carowinds is next on the list. However, if it is a steel coaster, i can only imagine a coaster with a insane amount of inversions.

^ I agree, it's definitely similar. Heck, it's close enough that it might as well be the same. Let's just hope that isn't the case.

...Cloning the Batman invert is one thing, but cloning a B&M hyper would be a major disappointment in my opinion.

LOL, I just don't understand what you all are asking for...there is only so much you can do with an airtime-based coaster that doesn't go upside down...

Considering Behemoth and Diamondback are thought of as some of the best coasters in the world, I don't understand how slightly altering/improving their layouts could be disappointing.

I was under the impression that that layout posted 2 pages ago was just someone's interpretation of the layout, nothing official. I wouldn't be surprised to see that as the layout, but I wouldn't jump to any conclusions until we see some more definitive work in the area.

and, if the rumors are true and the red hyper track in ohio is for us, why would they name it 'White' Lightnin'?

KBF's Silver Bullet is red and orange, so it wouldn't be a first for CF.

First, I'm really not expecting it to be a clone and I'm all for continuing to improve hypers in general, but if it's a clone I'll be disappointed. That's just the way I feel. I admit that I'm more of a Intamin Mega fan than the B&M hypers, but I still enjoy them. And I will make a trip up to Carowinds whether it's a clone or not, I'll just be disappointed that CF wasn't a little more creative that's all.

BTW, what's wrong with doing a B&M hyper twister again. If it wasn't for the trims, Raging Bull would be one of the best B&Ms in my opinion.

There's little to no chance of a Diamondback clone considering the very unique site Dback sits on, including the pretty extreme terrain differences. I wouldn't be surprised if the ride ends up being a very, very traditional B&M out and back design, but I really don't get how anyone could be disappointed with any sort of B&M hyper.

LOL, I just don't understand what you all are asking for...there is only so much you can do with an airtime-based coaster that doesn't go upside down...

Considering Behemoth and Diamondback are thought of as some of the best coasters in the world, I don't understand how slightly altering/improving their layouts could be disappointing.

There's alot that a B&M hyper can do exept hills for airtime, look at raging bull. Great ride that is full of turns and air time. Pretty much I'm trying to say a "airtime coaster" can be diffrent and not be just small improvements of a similar coaster, but if Carowind's new coaster is like a regular B&M hyper thats fine.

If the layout posted 2 pages ago is the real layout, it looks like an edited version of Diamondback, which is good and bad, good because it will have airtime, but it looks like it lacks turns, it'd be good if they did something like Ranging Bull turn wise, and Diamondback and Behemoth airtime wise, basically the T-Express of B&M Hypers.