TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

^ How do you "improve" the layout of a used Boomerang?

I'm not talking about this boomerang specifically. It just seems like there is something more they could do. I love shuttle loops, even if their layout is repetitive, but boomerangs do nothing for me.

• 4 weeks later...

Oh yes, I have not been so far this year but it looks like Cedar Fair sure isn't keeping Carowinds in the dark. THUMBS UP!!

Greetings from Dublin, Ireland everyone!!

I cant wait to see what is in store next! Maybe we can get our hopes up and wish for an underground tunnel below the parking lot! Sorry, I've been drinking....

• 3 weeks later...

It will probly be a used B&M hyper for some crappy park in china or

something.

Hay Pufferfish on your signature it says you are a part of the afterburn

crew. When you check the seat belts (if you do) did you ask a kid if he

was nerves about riding and he said he had ridden it like 1,000 times.

• 2 weeks later...
^ Bingo. Anything with drops gives me a nasty cross between jet lag and flu for a few hours. Just not worth feeling awful and killing the day.

(shrugs) So I went to the Ron Toomer school of coaster enthusiasm. S'ok. Funnel Cake and Rapids make me a happy guy. Also good at shlepping the bags.

And boy would I ever shlep to KD and Carowinds to gawk! Hope it's a hyper, but will be happy for Carowinds, whatever new ride they get.

Have you ever tried motion sickness medicine? It works wonders for me.

That IS true, however, there is red hyper track sitting in the B&M fabrication plant and Carowinds already has a looping coaster and a stand up coaster... On top of that Carowinds has long been rumored to get a B&M hyper and it seems to be the likely candidate.

Now that I think of it, I don't think the yellow track would go to KD either considering the fact that it already has a stand up, a floorless, and a looping coaster, so the hyper might go there... Not to mention there are plans for a coaster with a splashdown, but that could be an Intamin Aquatrax with a splashdown for all we know right now.

That IS true, however, there is red hyper track sitting in the B&M fabrication plant and Carowinds already has a looping coaster and a stand up coaster... On top of that Carowinds has long been rumored to get a B&M hyper and it seems to be the likely candidate.

Now that I think of it, I don't think the yellow track would go to KD either considering the fact that it already has a stand up, a floorless, and a looping coaster, so the hyper might go there... Not to mention there are plans for a coaster with a splashdown, but that could be an Intamin Aquatrax with a splashdown for all we know right now.

We don't know the KD coaster will have a splashdown. The document talked about some stormwater runoffs etc, but that doesn't have to have any connection with a splashdown.

For Carowinds I would guess they are getting the rumoured hyper. Kings Dominion being the only paramount park without a new coaster will probably get a GCi or something My two cents..

For Carowinds I would guess they are getting the rumoured hyper. California's Great America being the only Paramount Park without a new coaster will probably get a GCI or something

FIXED

Dan - Please keep in mind Dominator IS a major coaster (even though it's used).

We don't know the KD coaster will have a splashdown. The document talked about some stormwater runoffs etc, but that doesn't have to have any connection with a splashdown.

For Carowinds I would guess they are getting the rumoured hyper. Kings Dominion being the only paramount park without a new coaster will probably get a GCi or something My two cents..

KD's ride will most likely be steel as well because they've already got 4 woodies,and let's keep in mind that the rumored hyper for carowinds might not be from B&M but from Intamin seeing as they've got no Intiman coasters currently in their lineup.

I sincerely hope this isn't anything like a Blue Fire, or an iSpeed, or a Kawasemi, or even an Anubis: The Ride. God knows, I don't need to be able to drive from Atlanta to Charlotte to Doswell to Williamsburg and ride something more unique. It's only fair that those three different chains should have basically the same ride.

Plus, I'm mostly interested in what the sign will look like anyway.

I wouldn't automatically rule out a B&M sitdown coaster just because Carowinds already has a looping one. There are a few parks off the top of my head that have an Arrow looper and a B&M floorless coaster. ...For example, SFMM, SFGAdv, and even Kings Dominion. Just saying, not predicting.