TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

^ Bingo. Anything with drops gives me a nasty cross between jet lag and flu for a few hours. Just not worth feeling awful and killing the day.

(shrugs) So I went to the Ron Toomer school of coaster enthusiasm. S'ok. Funnel Cake and Rapids make me a happy guy. Also good at shlepping the bags.

And boy would I ever shlep to KD and Carowinds to gawk! Hope it's a hyper, but will be happy for Carowinds, whatever new ride they get.

Something interesting to notice in this picture. What are the orange trains with black restraints in the background. These do not appear to be B&M or anything close. The restraints look simular but the head rests look to be very narrow.Some people I speak to think this is at an off chute warehouse near carowinds. Others think its the Vekoma factory. What does anyone here think?

Something interesting to notice in this picture. What are the orange trains with black restraints in the background. These do not appear to be B&M or anything close. The restraints look simular but the head rests look to be very narrow.Some people I speak to think this is at an off chute warehouse near carowinds. Others think its the Vekoma factory. What does anyone here think?

I think you will find your answer here...

Colors look pretty SLCey, I would have prefered darker shades, but this is definitely an improvement...seeing the red from Stealth underneath the green was probably a big hint that a paint job was long overdue.

Well, at least this time Carowinds learned their lesson about painting over the old paint with new paint. It seems they stripped all the old paint off entirely before re-painting it with the new colors. I mean, look at how all the paint peeled off.

Carowinds sure is going to be a different place this year. Maybe I should get a season pass.

I like those colors. It looks like a close color scheme to Goliath at Fiesta Texas. Certainly stands out and looks a lot more alive.

Any word on what the trains will look like?

Those colors look alwful similar to the shades used on Dominator,I guess CF likes those colors because they've proven to work well with their other rides & is DEFINITELY an improvement.

I like those colors. It looks like a close color scheme to Goliath at Fiesta Texas. Certainly stands out and looks a lot more alive.

Any word on what the trains will look like?

Those colors look alwful similar to the shades used on Dominator,I guess CF likes those colors because they've proven to work well with their other rides & is DEFINITELY an improvement.

I was confused. I thought you were quoting my post to say that the new colors looked awful. Nevermind that.

But yeah I forgot about Dominator.

And if that new bright yellow B&M track is going to Carowinds then that will prove your CF theory.

Looks pretty awful to be honest. Generic Cedar Fair paint strikes again! Which I might add is why it'll work in Carowinds now that the new owners have settled in and put their own style into production.

I much preferred BORG's colours, at least that tried to be a bit different with what it did. This could be almost any big coaster in any of their parks. But the licensing and the old theme is now nonexistent, so Cedar Fair have no need to keep it like that if they don't feel it will fit in to their park.