TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

Nighthawk to get new colors. Yellow track with navy blue supports. Check out the news video here: http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-203800

I said it before and im saying it again...

OMG was that his first interview! And what is the CAROLINE Cobra? I mean did he do any research because he still calls top gun "top gun". Then he goes to ask what the name is for BORG now...Man this is tragic...OMG they are now showing videos of saturator...WHOOPS to the kid who drags their parents there just to ride it...LMAO now we are being shown the thornberrys river adventure...another ride im eager to ride after watching the video!

All im saying is if you are gonna interview someone about something atleast get as much up to date info as you can...and dont show past attractions, but then again he may have thought they were still current...

It's not that uncommon for parks to have coasters be the same color. CP has 3 coasters and part of Mantis' track all red, and Heide park seems to have all their coasters in green and white uniforms except Colossos and Desert Race.

Though it is a bit strange to make back to back colors the same like CW may be doing. Oh, the mystery...

Wow, this is good news. Some much needed love to a great childhood park of mine. So a "new" coaster this year, a REALLY new one next year. And they're still completing re-construction on Thunder Road.

Maybe they'll tear down or re-construct the Hurler (wishful thinking).

Wow, this is good news. Some much needed love to a great childhood park of mine. So a "new" coaster this year, a REALLY new one next year. And they're still completing re-construction on Thunder Road.

Maybe they'll tear down or re-construct the Hurler (wishful thinking).

Lol if they ever did that would we maybe be able to think about either a new Thunderhead rival here or maybe a Balder Intamin?

How could i forget the red & yellow row that is Iron Dragon, TTD & Mantis.

Whoops, I even forgot about Draggin'. So they have ID, TTD, Magnum, Maverick, and part of Mantis.

Anyway, the yellow is a bit questionable in my mind until I see it on Nighthawk, though the navy blue seems to fit the...uh..."theme?"...of the ride.

EDIT: Isn't yellow the primary color on the new sign? Yellow letters with a dark (blue?) bird head in the back?

So I know that this is all pure speculation at this point, but I had a random thought before I was going to bed. Someone mentioned the possibility of a B&M sitdown coaster, someone also mentioned the re-use of the name "White Lightning."

What if Cedar Fair bought the Led Zeppelin coaster from Hard Rock Park. It doesn't seem too far fetched, as the Coaster a very short distance away and all of the park's rides had to be liquidated. Also, they would not even have to paint the ride if they were calling it "White Lightning."

Just silly speculation, I know. But maybe someone can shed more light on the progress Hard Rock Park has made on liquidating their rides.