TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

I saw several ride ops riding the rides even though there would be people in line. I think it's great if they are allowed to do that when they do not have guests, but I think it's tacky if you have paying guests waiting in line.

As a former 2007 Top Gun ride operator, the reason you might see an employee of the ride (and only of the specific ride) hop on an empty seat is because they do saftey test each hour or so to make sure all is running smoothly, we did not ride to have fun, though you might assume we do. I mean yea it "is" fun, but we were told to ride to listen and watch the ride as it went through its circuit. Though you may argue other wise, contact the park and ask them. They will tell you the same thing. After all is said and done though we reported back to our supervisor.

I really hope thats false about Goldrusher. If its true thats one more bad thing CF has done to Carowinds on top of a long list of others.

Yes Goldrusher is in the pland but those plans could have been drawn up 6 months ago but i honestly don't think its going anywhere.

Another crazy rumor i heard was that Wild Thornberry's will be removed after 2009 and CF plans to open that area up by also takeing out the picnic shelters and that will be the home of the Hyper.

Funny thing is if its true the long runner joke about the hyper under the bridge just might come true.

well, wild thornberrys is the first ride in nick central so they'd probably cut that part out to put in the hyper. and the thing about it going under the bridge........ i think it will be cool to see what kind of layout they'll give because of all the things on the other side of the bridge(Rip Roarin' Rapids and the Paladium)

I saw several ride ops riding the rides even though there would be people in line. I think it's great if they are allowed to do that when they do not have guests, but I think it's tacky if you have paying guests waiting in line.

If you remember, do you mind telling me what rides they were riding?? and around what time?

Saturator was a popular ride as well and look where thats going. I always saw FSS with a crazy long line.

FSS was just as bad as Borg with lines out the wazzooo. Horrible loading times plagued the ride from the start also.

Don't recall Saturator being popular, I recall it being a low capacity ride that was painful as giving birth as my wife says.

Carowinds hasn't built a hyper because of air port height restrictions within the local area "supposedly" . The Tower being an exception. They'd probably have to stick under the 150 foot mark and go the rest underground as a tunnel, think like Oblivion.

Something kind of like this is what I'd expect of Carowinds. http://www.rcdb.com/ig3385.htm?picture=24 Think that with the new trains and maybe a little longer I don't know. Baby Behemoth.

I have never herd of Carowinds having a height restriction that low. Is that listed somewhere? As far as i knew the skytower was their height restriction.

To my knowledge the height restriction in most area's of the park by zoning has been around 125-150 feet aside from Sky tower, I mean yea i could be wrong but figuring "all" coasters are below such restrictions . Why wouldn't they have built anything bigger than Top Gun aside from the hand me downs we got?

Sean "This theme park deserves a better class of roller coaster,and we're gonna give it to them...you'll see we'll show you" Chappell

So of my 2 visits to Carowinds this summer the most entertaining thing I did was watch people get pelted by the water jet on Saturator and my favorite coaster was Afterburn!

I also needed a medic (or chiropractor) after a back breaking, yet extremely fun, ride in the last row of Thunderroad!