TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

I ate at the Happy Days Resturant when I was at Carowinds last week. The food was pretty good. The burger came with a ton of waffle fries. At other parks, you're lucky if you get a dozen fries. They just piled on the waffle fries!

That is awesome. Do you know what time.

Sorry, I haven't been on here since I posted the other day . She was at the park from 11-1 today and I got to meet her. She was very sweet and it was really funny because everyone in the line (50 or people) were people like me in their 30's-40's with their children who all had the same look on their faces "Who is this old woman?" But, she was very sweet and was telling all the little ones (my daughter included) that she is also the voice of SpongeBob's grandmother, which upped her status with them considerably. It was too cool and she talks to you just like she talked to Richie and Joanie!!

PS... she was wearing the same outfit as above^ LOL

Shari "brush with fame" Shoufler

Ubber Coolness.

They have not aged well at all :o

I wrote up a little story myself on ThrillNetwork if you want to check it out.

http://www.thrillnetwork.com/stories_view.php/958

Happy Days was one of my favorite shows growing up. I'm glad to see that Tom and Marion are not stuck up to the point that they won't do appearances.

Ok, so Carowinds had Merdith Baxter an 80's star for Media day, these two for this (70's)...who will be next? The 60's??? lol Maybe they'll roll out the ghost of Ron Serling.

• 3 months later...

While I have never seen the show, Danny can be proud because his name is on the best ride in Carowinds. And that is saying quite a bit. We went to Carowinds for the first time this past Monday and Tuesday and we ended up riding the flyers 9 times.

^ True, and Delirium is a blast, but it all depends on your POV. My husband has done nothing but complain that we haven't gotten a hyper-coaster like Millenium or TTD, and even though they are touting Italian Job as a "family" coaster, it's going to have a 48" height requirement.

PKI is definitely behind on the mega-coaster craze, and they seem to take pride in the "family park" moniker, but they keep removing "family rides" and put in either mediocre thrill rides, or worse, pay to play attractions.

Shari "despite my complaints PKI is still home" Shoufler

AMEN! I dont know how many times I have to comment on how many sites about how PKI is falling into its own demise...Ofcourse as you said, its all a matter of POV. Before I went to CP 2 years ago, PKI was a great park (since it was the only one I had gone too aside from SDC and a few others) After CP, however, I began going to alot of different parks, and PKI started to mean next to nothing...

Back on topic, I wasnt really ever a flyer fan. I guess you could say that I was scarred of the snappage, cuz I thought that meant it was unsafe. Ofcourse then I learned it was all in good fun right after I joined this site, so I miss them now...

Jared"Whatever happened to the good old days when PKI had flyers and KC?" Becker

*points at bottom of sig* That about sums it up right there. Also, cant wait to hear about HW! Im curious as to if Raven and Legend live up to their fame. Legend I can believe, but Raven doesnt look that exiting...Then agian, your talking to the guy who's fave wood is Cyclops...

• 1 month later...

WoW! another big addition to Carowinds. They added a great Kid's area this year, now they going to add more to an already decent water park. Yeah waterparks got to be better than the Italian Job (though I have yet to ride it).

Go Carowinds!

Edited by Erik Johnson

At first, all I saw was Boomerang and immediately thought "What is wrong with you? You're happy about getting a boomerang?" But then I saw the water park business and realized it was actually a good thing. I'm hoping to make it to Carowinds soon due to my semi-close proximity now that I'm in college.

CRIKEY!! Paramount’s Carowinds Announces New Boomerang Bay™ Water Park for 2006 Season

Charlotte, N.C. (September 21, 2005) – Bye bye WaterWorks…G’day Boomerang Bay!! Paramount’s Carowinds guests will experience a taste of “down under” down south next year as the theme park introduces a newly-expanded, Australian-themed water park, Boomerang Bay.

Inspired by Australia’s breathtaking Gold Coast, the 16-acre water playground creates a new world of exotic exploration that features three new attractions: Kookaburra Bay, Platypus Plunge and the Walkabout Pub.

“We’ve been looking forward to developing an even bigger and better, five-star water park experience for our guests,” said Bob White, general manger of Paramount’s Carowinds. “For years, guests have been speculating about a water park expansion or new water attractions. In 2006, Paramount’s Carowinds Boomerang Bay will offer all of this and more!”

The multimillion dollar expansion enlarges the size of the water park by nearly 25 percent and creates an Outback oasis of family fun large enough to span nearly 16 football fields. The water park also encompasses more than 25 water activities including more than a dozen water slides, a tropical lagoon complete with a waterfall, a 1,000-foot lazy river, a massive wave pool and two family water play areas.

Guests at Boomerang Bay can take advantage of first-rate amenities designed to make every day a g’day on the Australian coast. The area features lush landscaping, a non-smoking environment and the addition of numerous shade structures and lounge & beach chairs. In addition, a new changing area and restroom will be constructed to complement the enhancements to the current changing rooms for all of the visiting Blokes and Sheilas!

New attractions and additions include:

Kookaburra Bay – This mammoth lagoon offers in-water lounging and a relaxing, cascading waterfall set in a tropical, secluded environment. The 125,000-gallon, zero to three feet, heated beach lagoon allows water-lovers to wade in from the water’s edge, get showered under mushroom-shaped water statues and spend the entire day splishing, splashing and floating! The beach lagoon is surrounded by oversized lounge chairs, offering sun-worshipers a chance to soak up an awesome tan!

Platypus Plunge – A beaut’ of a family adventure, this two-person tube, double water slide takes kids and their families through more than 100 feet of twisty, curvy, banked turns before gently splashing into a shallow pool of water.

Walkabout Pub – Guests can get a taste of the wild and exotic Aussie-style at this open-air bar. Pull up a stool or sit at one of the many outdoor tables to catch a cool break from the heat under the shade-covered patios. The pub serves ice cold beer and refreshing tropical drinks including frozen margaritas, mudslides, pina coladas and daiquiris.

In addition to the three new attractions, Boomerang Bay incorporates all of Paramount’s Carowinds current innovative water park attractions.

Awesome Aussie Twister – A black hole experience that plunges riders into total darkness as they glide through giant tubes to a splash pond below.

Great Barrier Reef – A 700,000-gallon, 25,000 square-foot wave pool that provides a surf-like experience for guests.

Crocodile Run – A 1000-foot long lazy river that allows guests to float leisurely along its path through North Carolina and South Carolina.

Pipeline Peak - A totally twisted complex of four enclosed water slides, including two body slides, Screamin’ Wombat and Ripsnort Ridge and two tube slides, Bondi Pipeline and Tasmanian Typhoon.

Down Under Thunder – A four-person family raft slide that swirls riders down four stories through a 564-foot long route of high-banked turns and unexpected dips.

Sydney Sidewinder – A pair of open tube slides that twist and speed guests along dual 370-foot chutes, complete with a thrilling series of high-banked turns.

Parents also can take advantage of two kid-friendly water playgrounds made especially for the little ones:

Jackaroo Landing – A three-story water jungle gym complete with kid-controlled water sprayers, water wheels and a huge 1,000-gallon drenching bucket.

Kangaroo Lagoon and Wallaby Wharf – A one-acre spraying, splashing, hands-on water playground for kids.

Boomerang Bay will open in May 2006 during the park’s 34th season of operation.

A 2006 Season Pass is the best way to enjoy Boomerang bay all year long. 2006 Season Passes can be purchased online at www.carowinds.com, at the park on an operating day, via telephone at 1-800-952-PASS and at Concord Mills mall in Concord, N.C. 2006 Season Passes purchased and processed into a permanent ID card by Sunday, Nov. 6, 2005 will receive free parking for the remainder of the 2005 and all of 2006 seasons, a free Bring-a-Friend ticket and free platinum benefits. Guests can take advantage of the lowest price of the season when ordering two or more season passes for $49.99 each.

Guests can enjoy two full park experiences for the price of one. Entry into the water park is free with general park admission allowing guests to enjoy gallons of wet fun at the colossal Boomerang Bay along with more than 60 Hollywood-styled, state-of-the-art thrill and family rides, attractions and shows offered in the theme park.

Paramount’s Carowinds Information

The 105-acre theme park is open to the public on Saturdays and Sundays only through Nov. 6. The park is closed to the public on Sept. 24 & 25 and Oct 1 & 2.

For additional information about Paramount’s Carowinds, guests should call 704-588-2600 in N.C., 803-548-5300 in S.C., toll free at 1-800-888-4FUN or visit the website at www.carowinds.com.

Press release came in today:

CRIKEY!! Paramount’s Carowinds Announces New

Boomerang Bay™ Water Park for 2006 Season

Multimillion dollar Australian-themed water park adds three new attractions and expands to become nearly 25 percent larger

Charlotte, N.C. (September 21, 2005) – Bye bye WaterWorks…G’day Boomerang Bay!! Paramount’s Carowinds guests will experience a taste of “down under” down south next year as the theme park introduces a newly-expanded, Australian-themed water park, Boomerang Bay.

Inspired by Australia’s breathtaking Gold Coast, the 16-acre water playground creates a new world of exotic exploration that features three new attractions: Kookaburra Bay, Platypus Plunge and the Walkabout Pub.

“We’ve been looking forward to developing an even bigger and better, five-star water park experience for our guests,” said Bob White, general manger of Paramount’s Carowinds. “For years, guests have been speculating about a water park expansion or new water attractions. In 2006, Paramount’s Carowinds Boomerang Bay will offer all of this and more!”

The multimillion dollar expansion enlarges the size of the water park by nearly 25 percent and creates an Outback oasis of family fun large enough to span nearly 16 football fields. The water park also encompasses more than 25 water activities including more than a dozen water slides, a tropical lagoon complete with a waterfall, a 1,000-foot lazy river, a massive wave pool and two family water play areas.

Guests at Boomerang Bay can take advantage of first-rate amenities designed to make every day a g’day on the Australian coast. The area features lush landscaping, a non-smoking environment and the addition of numerous shade structures and lounge & beach chairs. In addition, a new changing area and restroom will be constructed to complement the enhancements to the current changing rooms for all of the visiting Blokes and Sheilas!

New attractions and additions include:

Kookaburra Bay – This mammoth lagoon offers in-water lounging and a relaxing, cascading waterfall set in a tropical, secluded environment. The 125,000-gallon, zero to three feet, heated beach lagoon allows water-lovers to wade in from the water’s edge, get showered under mushroom-shaped water statues and spend the entire day splishing, splashing and floating! The beach lagoon is surrounded by oversized lounge chairs, offering sun-worshipers a chance to soak up an awesome tan!

Platypus Plunge – A beaut’ of a family adventure, this two-person tube, double water slide takes kids and their families through more than 100 feet of twisty, curvy, banked turns before gently splashing into a shallow pool of water.

Walkabout Pub – Guests can get a taste of the wild and exotic Aussie-style at this open-air bar. Pull up a stool or sit at one of the many outdoor tables to catch a cool break from the heat under the shade-covered patios. The pub serves ice cold beer and refreshing tropical drinks including frozen margaritas, mudslides, pina coladas and daiquiris.

In addition to the three new attractions, Boomerang Bay incorporates all of Paramount’s Carowinds current innovative water park attractions.

Awesome Aussie Twister – A black hole experience that plunges riders into total darkness as they glide through giant tubes to a splash pond below.

Great Barrier Reef – A 700,000-gallon, 25,000 square-foot wave pool that provides a surf-like experience for guests.

Crocodile Run – A 1000-foot long lazy river that allows guests to float leisurely along its path through North Carolina and South Carolina.

Pipeline Peak − A totally twisted complex of four enclosed water slides, including two body slides, Screamin’ Wombat and Ripsnort Ridge and two tube slides, Bondi Pipeline and Tasmanian Typhoon.

Down Under Thunder – A four-person family raft slide that swirls riders down four stories through a 564-foot long route of high-banked turns and unexpected dips.

Sydney Sidewinder – A pair of open tube slides that twist and speed guests along dual 370-foot chutes, complete with a thrilling series of high-banked turns.

Parents also can take advantage of two kid-friendly water playgrounds made especially for the little ones:

Jackaroo Landing – A three-story water jungle gym complete with kid-controlled water sprayers, water wheels and a huge 1,000-gallon drenching bucket.

Kangaroo Lagoon and Wallaby Wharf – A one-acre spraying, splashing, hands-on water playground for kids.

Boomerang Bay will open in May 2006 during the park’s 34th season of operation.

Guests can enjoy two full park experiences for the price of one. Entry into the water park is free with general park admission allowing guests to enjoy gallons of wet fun at the colossal Boomerang Bay along with more than 60 Hollywood-styled, state-of-the-art thrill and family rides, attractions and shows offered in the theme park.