TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

Carowinds hotel/resort seems to be all but confirmed it's coming in the near future. Public hearing was July 17th for a request for rezoning. The original zoning allowed a hotel/resort, restaurants,retail. The zone change would allow a theater. Cedar Fair getting into the theater business? I guess a theater would allow more off season revenue and could be frequented by hotel guests, probably at a discount price or even free.

Carowinds hotel/resort seems to be all but confirmed it's coming in the near future. Public hearing was July 17th for a request for rezoning. The original zoning allowed a hotel/resort, restaurants,retail. The zone change would allow a theater. Cedar Fair getting into the theater business? I guess a theater would allow more off season revenue and could be frequented by hotel guests, probably at a discount price or even free.

Actually the change in zoning from I-2 to I-1 allows hotels/motels to be built. The current/previous I-2 zoning (General Industrial) does not allow for them. Carowinds/CF is not getting into the theater business. It also allows for larger shopping & retail centers up to 70,000sf whre as I-2 only allows up to 25,000sf.

ww.charmeck.org/Planning/ZoningOrdinance/ZoningOrdCity(Chapter09).docx

cltzoningindustrial.jpg.c5200ea301f8a7dd09804ae86ca83d1b.jpg

I think you guys are missing the point. He very easily can do Uber but wants somebody who is also a coaster fan and would want to hang out for a bit.

There's nothing wrong with that at all! If I were a local I'd be more than happy to!

Exactly my thinking. Plus, I don't want to rent a bunny for my carry-ons.

A resort will be a nice upgrade over that dump across the streeet we stayed in with bed bugs and damp carpet

The hotel/resort business has been pretty lucrative thus far for Cedar fair. All of the top 5 parks will likely eventually get hotel/resorts. The bundling with the discount package on tickets with hotel stay and early entry, makes it very appealing to no platinum pass visitors.

[Edited first part out as it was posted as I was making this post]

Planet Snoopy Expansion is the most likely addition for 2018. They are moving the Carousel to Vortex Plaza to make room for such an expansion (according to plans filed and seen on another site)

The bus gift screams getting one of these as part of the expansion:

maxresdefault.jpg

Planet Snoopy Expansion is the most likely addition for 2018. They are moving the Carousel to Vortex Plaza to make room for such an expansion (according to plans filed and seen on another site)[/img]

What is this Vortex plaza everyone speaks of? The section is called Carolina Showplace. Vortex never had a plaza. Afterburn was the first coaster to actually have a plaza in the park if I'm not mistaken.

The more I think about it, the more I predict the Vortex conversion taking place in 2019 rather than 2018. Next year is almost certainly going to be a Planet Snoopy expansion.

It's still not far fetched it could happen this year. You never know or it may never happen.

Planet Snoopy Expansion is the most likely addition for 2018. They are moving the Carousel to Vortex Plaza to make room for such an expansion (according to plans filed and seen on another site)[/img]

What is this Vortex plaza everyone speaks of? The section is called Carolina Showplace. Vortex never had a plaza. Afterburn was the first coaster to actually have a plaza in the park if I'm not mistaken.

It's what was listed on the permit for renovation. I know the section is called Carolina Showplace. It was my home park for 30 years...

Let's see if my sources are accurate. They should be at least 4 new rides for planet snoopy coming in 2018. Pretty much a similar expansion KD received for this year.

That doesn't sound like some Intel. That's just a guess. Your "source" sounds like every 16 year old on the Internet.

Carowinds has started the teasing. And now on Instagram and Twitter they said he received a toy bus for his first present.

If were considering this teasimg, then there were about 5 parks that were teasing yesterday.

I wouldn't necessarily call the other park's posts "teasers". They simply shared a post or two to wish Snoopy a happy birthday with prizes for kids, cake, and all sorts of stuff. For Carowinds, they're actually giving Snoopy presents for the next seven days, leading all the way up to August 16th, coincidentally the day all Cedar Fair parks announce their 2018 attractions.

Yeah, if you look at the pattern...Carowinds Vortex will happen in 2019. And then I suspect they will add a major coaster in White Water Falls spot in 2020...Hopefully a new GCI since a wooden coaster is what they need most. It will also make sense to give the park a new wooden coaster before they convert Hurler later on.

As for the pattern, Cedar Point changed Mantis to Rougarou in 2015 and then gave us Valravn in 2016.

California's Great America changed Vortex to Patriot in 2017 and now giving us a new coaster (Railblazer) in 2018.

Following the every two year conversion, Vortex will become a floorless in 2019 and give us a new coaster in 2020. I also think it'll probably be 2020 before we see that new hotel open. I think Canada's Wonderland's hotel will open first with them getting a brand new coaster in 2019. How do I know this? I don't. Just pure speculation.

^^ by that crap logic, you can say that hurler will get RMCed next year because kings dominion got a planet snoopy expansion and then the new hurler. So if carowinds does get a planet snoopy expansion this year, it's most certain that they rmc hurler.

did I do this right?

^^ by that crap logic, you can say that hurler will get RMCed next year because kings dominion got a planet snoopy expansion and then the new hurler. So if carowinds does get a planet snoopy expansion this year, it's most certain that they rmc hurler.

did I do this right?

When you are addressing the person above you, you only need to put one ^.

^^ means you were talking to me...even though I'm smart enough to know you weren't.

Just an observation if you want to get things "right"

did I do this right?

^^ means you were talking to me...even though I'm smart enough to know you weren't.

I'll use as much ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ as I want.

did I do this right?

^especially when it's your birthday.

did I do this right?

^especially when it's your birthday.