TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

^ Just posted something similar in the CP thread earlier, but it could apply here too....

What are the lines usually like for opening weekend? BUSY/CROWDED

I went opening weekend a few years ago but I forget completely. STONED, DRUNK...OR BOTH?

I am trying to decide between Friday and Saturday ....or... Saturday and Sunday. SATURDAY AND SATURDAY - OF COURSE!

Glad I could be of assistance!

Capture.JPG.c16ce1732e5e7e87e4c1dd3a055e2191.JPG

Damnnnnnnn!!!

From the web cam, it looked like they were testing rides today and into tonight, and that staff were being trained on them at the end of the day. The exceptions were Rock N Roller, which seems to be lagging behind in being finished, and Electro Spin, which just looks --- stuck. Earlier, the boom went around once and the seats were at the top of the rotation, and that was it, with several people standing around looking at it. And now, it looks like it's just hanging halfway for the night. Hopefully not a sign that it's down for the count. That'd be an expensive lemon.

es.png.f99463b4039bf66aafa22315d072b07c.png

Planning on heading my first time on Sunday. Don't plan on getting everything done as I may head back during the summer and besides like the first 4-5 coasters in their lineup, it's nothing all too stellar (Fury tho )

Honestly if I can get at least 3 rides on Fury, 2 on Afterburn, and 1 on Intimidator I'd be a happy camper, throw in Nighthawk as I really like Firehawk and love flyers and want to ride it's slightly inferior brother. What other coasters/rides should I plan? I don't exactly want to credit whore when I don't have a ton of time and it may be busy that day? Definitely looking into riding the topscan though.

Also, I ordered my Platinum Passes through Kings Island, but with Kings Island not being open for a few weeks, I can't exactly get them there right now. Any workaround to get my passes or does my first visit have to be to Kings Island?

Earlier, the boom went around once and the seats were at the top of the rotation, and that was it, with several people standing around looking at it. And now, it looks like it's just hanging halfway for the night. Hopefully not a sign that it's down for the count. That'd be an expensive lemon.

It's very likely that it's parked like that for a reason, and even if it wasn't deliberate you're still making a pretty ridiculous leap with that post.

I ordered my Platinum Passes through Kings Island, but with Kings Island not being open for a few weeks, I can't exactly get them there right now. Any workaround to get my passes or does my first visit have to be to Kings Island?

If you renewed and kept the same passes, you're fine. We have Kings Island passes too for some reason.

If they're brand new, I'm not sure. I'd call the park.

Also... why the hell did I double post for no reason? Sorry about that, I need to down another coffee apparently. lol

Earlier, the boom went around once and the seats were at the top of the rotation, and that was it, with several people standing around looking at it. And now, it looks like it's just hanging halfway for the night. Hopefully not a sign that it's down for the count. That'd be an expensive lemon.

It's very likely that it's parked like that for a reason, and even if it wasn't deliberate you're still making a pretty ridiculous leap with that post.

Yeah -- I said I HOPE it's not a bad sign. Nothing I said was ridiculous. That's pretty unnecessarily unfriendly of you.

What I'm looking forward to most is seeing this section fully lit at night. That, to me, is what will really sell the "County Fair" aspect - how closely can it replicate the flashing lights, neon, and sounds of a typical fairground?

I still can't believe they're keeping Yo-Yo.

They must be going for the record of having the most swing rides in a park. This will make number 4.

What I'm looking forward to most is seeing this section fully lit at night. That, to me, is what will really sell the "County Fair" aspect - how closely can it replicate the flashing lights, neon, and sounds of a typical fairground?

Dont get your hopes up buddy. The lights on the wave swinger are steady LED white lights as you can see. No blinking here. The troika doesn't have a light package except for the original lighting, which are the red brake lights on the back of each car. The top scan came with LED panels for the boom section. Knowing Carowinds they most likely wont use them and will just stick with the LED lights on the back of the seats. The musik express has a decent package but no where near a carny "gaudy" type package.

Then again I'm keeping my hopes up that light packages may not be there for opening day but added later after the week of spring break operations.

Edited by pproteinc

I watched the live feed for a lot of last night and the lighting does look fairly disappointing. The only lights I saw were the ones on Zephr, spotlights on Flying Cobras, spotlights on Electro Spin, the lights on Rock'N'Roller (and the lights were only on the INSIDE of the building, I didn't see any on the outside), and some lights on one of the food stands. Maybe it will be better once they string the lights over the midway. Why didn't they give Do-Si-Do an awesome lighting package like Shake, Rattle, and Roll and Kings Island?