TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

The only other splash boat ride I'll ride besides Pompeii is the one at Hershey when I have my water park clothes on and I actually want to get wet.

All the rest of them can get torn down as far as I'm concerned as I would much rather do a flume than go up a jolty lift hill, go around a bend & then drop 50 feet and get soaked. I personally feel that it's about the most thoughtless ride ever invented.

Well I for one love flume rides or any dry park water ride for that matter as I'm not a waterpark person. Flumes work for me just fine especially living in a region where summers hit on average 95+ so being soaked is only for like 10mins. I just get on Fury and I'm dry by the time we're halfway through the ride. So yea I'm a little bummed about WWF being torn down. Now I have to wait in a slow moving 2hr long line to ride the rapids that only thing getting wet is your butt from sitting in a wet seat smh. I truly hope a log flume or another dry side water ride is in the works. Everybody doesn't go to watermarks.

I'm surprised White Water Falls has been demolished. That was unexpected. Given the fact that our Wildwater Kingdom closed for good last Labor Day I wonder if this will make way for either the ProSlide Tornado or the big tube/body slides that were there.

I agree that a log flume needs to be added to this park.

I went to Winter Warm Up Saturday. It was said that the Panda Express will move to Joe Cool's Cafe to open up that area. The planter where the Carowinds sign is in front of the Plaza Stage area when you come in the park is being taken out to open that area as well. It was confirmed that White Water Falls is being taken out, but no word on what is planned for the area.

I went to Winter Warm Up Saturday. It was said that the Panda Express will move to Joe Cool's Cafe to open up that area. The planter where the Carowinds sign is in front of the Plaza Stage area when you come in the park is being taken out to open that area as well. It was confirmed that White Water Falls is being taken out, but no word on what is planned for the area.

Can we get a little google maps drawing here to help?

Hey all, I'm hoping to make it to Carowinds this year (Fall/late summer), other than Fury which is an obvious must ride what would you Carowinds experts advise that I make sure I leave time for? I'm going to try to hit all the coasters obviously but have really only heard much about Fury and Intimidator.

Hey all, I'm hoping to make it to Carowinds this year (Fall/late summer), other than Fury which is an obvious must ride what would you Carowinds experts advise that I make sure I leave time for? I'm going to try to hit all the coasters obviously but have really only heard much about Fury and Intimidator.

Afterburn and Woodstock Gliders.

Woodstock Gliders and Scream Weaver!!! They also have an Intamin 2nd gen. drop tower and Windseeker if you're into those. You already mentioned you want to do all the coasters, but make time for re-rides on the big 3 (Fury, Afterburn, Intimidator.)

P.S.

Afterburn crushes Intimidator.

Six Flags urks my nerves when it comes to repainting rides. Carowinds obviously is 15mins from my house but I do frequent SF ATL, SF in DC and when I go home to NYC of course SF Great Adventure and the rides just looks horrible. It's such a pet peeve to see the rides are lack luster when six flags color schemes on there rides are some of the best combinations of colors.

You'll have time for everything. I really really like this park, but it really doesn't have much to offer, outside of its two and a half excellent offerings. Fury (Excellent), Afterburn (Excellent), Intimidator (half....). Their mine train is 'ok', but if you're not a glider fan, there's not much else you'll want to do. There's no log flume, train, or sky ride and most of the other coasters, aside from nighthawk, will be 5-10 minute waits at most.

Don't get me wrong, Fury is worth going out of the way for all on it's own and it's perfectly complimented by Afterburn. In fact, I enjoyed both so much that it motivated me to buy last minute plane tickets in the fall. My only suggestion is to go to Nighthawk at rope drop to beat the long lines due to slow loading. Other than that, this park is really well landscaped for a large corporate park and it provides some really scenic views of the roller coasters and park attractions. It does so with a mixture of old school feel and 'modern sports complex' style, neither of which fail to impress in their own way.

Damn. Now I want to go ride Fury...

Also, if you're old enough to drink, stop at Frugal MacDoogal liquor store on the way. It has an awesome selection of local beers to enjoy in your hotel room. Not the parking lot, as I found out that security doesn't take kindly to this (dunce hat). It's my favorite liquor store ever. Why? Because if you're standing at the front of the store you can clearly see Carowinds' reflection on the front glass. Look to your left and there's Fury. God, I hate myself for being this way.

Edited by prozach626

Since my home park is a Six Flags park, it's always incredibly impressive when Cedar Fair routinely paints rides that didn't even look that bad to begin with.

I know the feeling. It makes it easy to appreciate Cedar Fair.

Peanut Pirates, Woodstock Gliders, Plants vs Zombie, Screamweaver, Drop Tower, Electro-Spin and catch the Cirque show as well.

Um didn't Afterburn have paint chipping off for several seasons before it was repainted? Didn't CF also take three years to repaint Millennium Force? Didn't they also paint Talon's supports like two years before they painted the track? Have you all seen Diamondback's lift supports recently?

Six Flags isn't that far removed from a five year period were they were repainting at least one coaster in virtually every one of their parks every single year. Neither chain is perfect when it comes to repainting rides.