TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

In a weeks time I'm going to be taking another trip to carowinds. I must ask, has there been any change to Fury and I232s seat belts and/or restraint locks? I'm asking because I've managed to maintain the same weight and size I was last year, and it would really suck if there has been any sudden changes...

Near vortex???

[attachment=0]IMG_20160805_1558073.jpg[/attachment]

That is near Carolina Cobra. You can see the marquee sign and the supports to the left and right of the blue trashcan on the right hand side of the photo.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I'm not buying into any of this. I think they're just trying to stir up some excitement for an announcement that the chief operating officer already announced in February and that's probably the extent of it.

But its not though . . .

Near vortex???

That is near Carolina Cobra. You can see the marquee sign and the supports to the left and right of the blue trashcan on the right hand side of the photo.

You'll get it. . . very soon.

I'm not buying into any of this. I think they're just trying to stir up some excitement for an announcement that the chief operating officer already announced in February and that's probably the extent of it.

Normally, I would agree with you but I can't here. I think we get four more things, in addition to the flats. I think a Vortex transformation is all but guaranteed. But hey, I've been wrong before.

Near vortex???

Most likely the Troika is going in the old put put area. I could be wrong tho.

Near vortex???

Most likely the Troika is going in the old put put area. I could be wrong tho.

I don't think anything is going right there. I think that is earmarked for water park expansions. I have a "gut" feeling that package A is going in the open area where cobra (there have been hints about doing things around a snake) and the other package . . .

Right where you stand. Vortex conversion?

It was said that another conversion was coming in 2017?

So today I got these notifications. Obviously I was near Vortex for the Cirque imagine show and the one at the top alerted me as I was walking on the side of Cobra headed towards White Water Falls.

image.thumb.png.2392bb40e1e4c702cc0540a5ceea8fcd.png

Edited by pproteinc

I will be visiting Carowinds this Thursday and I have a few questions. (I'll most likely be using a Fast Lane Plus unless there are minimal crowds) I heard somewhere that Fury 325 has assigned seating. Is that still the case? And do any other rides have it? If so, what's the best way of guaranteeing a front row ride?

I will be visiting Carowinds this Thursday and I have a few questions. (I'll most likely be using a Fast Lane Plus unless there are minimal crowds) I heard somewhere that Fury 325 has assigned seating. Is that still the case? And do any other rides have it? If so, what's the best way of guaranteeing a front row ride?

Here's the thing. If you are nice about it, its a chance you can get your wish. you're going on a thursday. Are you going alone? If you get there early and go to fury, chances are it wont really be a line as I think schools start back this week across the south (some are still out but a good bit go back).

Honestly if you have FL+ you will be able to ride it enough times to statistically get a front row ride. With FL+ you will wait about 5 mins per ride. So either ask, or just keep riding and let every assignment be a surprise.

I agree with all these answers. Also, Fury doesn't have a bad seat. Front row has stronger airtime. Back has a better drop. Left side has more Side airtime in the Barrel turn and in the Turnaround. Right side has better transitions over the front gate and a better head-chopper. You aren't going to get a bad seat. Even a ride in the dead-center of the train is fantastic.