TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

Also, the park website says separate ticket required for Scarowinds. Will my platinum pass still work? We were planning on going during the day and the evening.

I have a gold pass and it gets me in to Carowinds and SCarowinds on the same day so I would think you will be ok with the platinum.

Perfect, thanks. As far as the fast lane plus, I'm assuming that will work all day as well? I know it did last year at KI.

I will be visiting Carowinds for the first time with my 8-year-old daughter August 14 and maybe 15. She is 51 inches tall so we won't be riding the huge coasters. She is extremely interested in all of the coasters she is big enough for and the water park. My question is. Can we cover it all on a Sunday if we are there from park open to close or should we split it up and carry it over to the following Monday?

Thanks in advance for any insight!

Also, the park website says separate ticket required for Scarowinds. Will my platinum pass still work? We were planning on going during the day and the evening.

I have a gold pass and it gets me in to Carowinds and SCarowinds on the same day so I would think you will be ok with the platinum.

Perfect, thanks. As far as the fast lane plus, I'm assuming that will work all day as well? I know it did last year at KI.

I'm not sure but even if it doesn't you can just buy it at night because there will be approximately 11 people in the park during the day.

I think it is important to point out the park never announced the flat rides. Cedar Fair announced the purchase and where they would go, without a time for when it would occur.

Actually the PR went on the local news here in Charlotte back in March and basically said the five rides were coming to Carowinds in 2017. This is why it's no secret, the only secret is behind the push to vote FOUR MORE!!!

You'll be fine. I've been a platinum pass holder for years and it works at Scarowinds as well.

Nine flat rides just seems like it is too much.

Not for a park that is seriously lacking in that department.

I'm not sure but even if it doesn't you can just buy it at night because there will be approximately 11 people in the park during the day.

Haha. We had a similar experience at KI's Haunt last year. I regretted my decision to preorder FL+ throughout the day, but wow did it pay off at night.

What the crap?! So I would have to buy a fast lane plus pass during the day AND after 7? I'm not concerned with the fast lane for the haunted houses, just the rides. I know they have the scare pass, or whatever it is called, but I don't care about that. I guess if this were the case I would just wait until after 7 to get the FP+ for the rides.

Like Bill said, I guess the park is dead during the day time?

What the crap?! So I would have to buy a fast lane plus pass during the day AND after 7? I'm not concerned with the fast lane for the haunted houses, just the rides. I know they have the scare pass, or whatever it is called, but I don't care about that.

Call the park. That will give you a quicker answer that you know is correct.

What the crap?! So I would have to buy a fast lane plus pass during the day AND after 7? I'm not concerned with the fast lane for the haunted houses, just the rides. I know they have the scare pass, or whatever it is called, but I don't care about that. I guess if this were the case I would just wait until after 7 to get the FP+ for the rides.

Like Bill said, I guess the park is dead during the day time?

I went to Scarowinds on 3 separate weekends last year. The park was literally dead during the day. Every single coaster was a walk on. Once the park reopened as scarowinds everything was a 45 minute minimum wait, even coasters like Afterburn. Fury was 3 hours.

What the crap?! So I would have to buy a fast lane plus pass during the day AND after 7? I'm not concerned with the fast lane for the haunted houses, just the rides. I know they have the scare pass, or whatever it is called, but I don't care about that.

Call the park. That will give you a quicker answer that you know is correct.

Or listen to folks who have been doing this for years . . .

^Good information. Thanks. Looks like I'll preorder FL+ for the evening, if that's possible.

It is possible once SCarowinds is added to the online store. I would imagine they will start selling tickets later this month.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I feel like Carowinds sort of overreacted here honestly. Since it seems like the vast majority of them were almost of legal drinking age and none of them were charged with a crime it just seems a little over-the-top. 20 year olds do stupid things but the police didn't charge them and it had nothing to do with their ability to perform their jobs.

I mean look, at the end of the day they have nobody to blame but themselves but at the same time it's hard not to be a little sympathetic because every single one of us probably went out one night with our friends and had a few drinks when we were 20. Carowinds handed down a harsher punishment than the police did and honestly I'd defer to the judgement of the police. They clearly didn't think it was a huge deal or that the kids deserved to be charged with anything.

The cops didn't file charges, but Carowinds fired them? Dayyyum! Seems kind of harsh, but I suppose rules are rules. I'm sure this was spelled out to them, so they should have fully known the consequences of their actions. What sucks is that the foreign workers were unsurprisingly some of the harder workers of the bunch when we went earlier in the year.

I have a lot of experience with hiring international "J1 Visa" workers, both through a couple years inside SFGAdv (old "in-the-park" McDonalds) and several more at the one just outside the park. The park would typically hire students from southern Asia and eastern Europe. Each summer, some of the J1 Visa workers hired to work at the park would look for second jobs for some extra money on the side and would regularly come to our restaurant. By and large, they'd be some of the best workers we'd have all summer, not to mention being some really cool people. Rules are definitely rules, but it's a shame that so many have to leave over something so, for a lack of a better term, innocent.

It seems like a fair punishment to me. I am sure that the park had put forth ground rules that were not to be broken. It seems like underage drinking and giving the park some bad press would probably be on that list. But that's just my 2 cents on the subject.

I still find it ironic that the cop gave the kids a break, which I can completely relate to, but Carowinds canned them. At one point they probably thought they were off the hook. Now as far as the police notifying Carowinds, that seems out of character. What I 'think' probably happened was that Carowinds got wind of the incident and then contacted the police for verification. At least that seems much more likely to me.

I will be visiting Carowinds for the first time with my 8-year-old daughter August 14 and maybe 15. She is 51 inches tall so we won't be riding the huge coasters. She is extremely interested in all of the coasters she is big enough for and the water park. My question is. Can we cover it all on a Sunday if we are there from park open to close or should we split it up and carry it over to the following Monday?

Thanks in advance for any insight!

I'll just leave this here in case it got lost in the other talk. Thanks in advance for any help.

^I don't see you having any trouble getting everything done in a day - I'd to two days if you plan on spending a lot of time in the waterpark though, just so you don't feel rushed and can enjoy the park. Their Camp Snoopy is fantastic and I'm sure she'll love it.

David

it's hard not to be a little sympathetic because every single one of us probably went out one night with our friends and had a few drinks when we were 20.

True, and we also all knew the possible consequences of our actions.