TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

^

I was going to say "act like an immature @$$hole, but I like the way you said it better.

How about if they say no, then suck it up and don't give the workers a hard time when they're just doing their jobs? Is that really such a hard concept to grasp?

Sorry, it seems like there is a bit of a misunderstanding. If I decide to spend time and money to get to a park 10 hours away, I honestly do not feel guilty for "annoying" an employee who is strict enough to lessen a guest's experience over a rule that doesn't have any purpose. If the operator would just let you choose a row if you ask, that's fine. But in my opinion, an operator who constantly refuses to let the paying customers of a park choose their own row is being the @$$hole in that case, and I just believe that they should be treated as such. But I do see your point at how my previous comment wasn't thought-out well.

There's no misunderstanding. I understood perfectly. The groupers are being paid to do a job. They didn't come up with the policy, they're just doing their jobs. Ask nicely but don't be an a**hole if they say no. It's not their fault.

The only assigned seating that's really all that bad is that on rides where the row you want to go to isn't full (the front row on a B&M and a group of two that asks isn't allowed to sit with the other group of two in the front row when they're the only ones there? wtf?) or if it's a coaster where it's only good in one row.

^

I was going to say "act like an immature @$$hole, but I like the way you said it better.

How about if they say no, then suck it up and don't give the workers a hard time when they're just doing their jobs? Is that really such a hard concept to grasp?

Sorry, it seems like there is a bit of a misunderstanding. If I decide to spend time and money to get to a park 10 hours away, I honestly do not feel guilty for "annoying" an employee who is strict enough to lessen a guest's experience over a rule that doesn't have any purpose. If the operator would just let you choose a row if you ask, that's fine. But in my opinion, an operator who constantly refuses to let the paying customers of a park choose their own row is being the @$$hole in that case, and I just believe that they should be treated as such. But I do see your point at how my previous comment wasn't thought-out well.

I actually agree with what you're saying, except to say that the true "@$$holes" in this situation would be the people in charge of implementing this asinine policy across the Cedar Fair chain. If Matt Ouimet walked up to me and asked him what one thing CF could do to make their park experiences better, without a doubt, elimination of all assigned seating from the chain's parks would be off my tongue before he finished the question. To blame the ride worker for enforcing a rule that he/she has been told to enforce, is misguided, though I understand your frustration (Fury is my #1 coaster, and I've never even ridden it in the front due to this ridiculous policy.) If an op lets you choose when you ask nicely, in a sense, going against his superiors, then that's very nice of him/her, if not a little risky personally. But to expect it, and not get it, doesn't make them the @$$hole. I think that's where the backlash against your post is coming from...

I don't think they should get rid of assigned seating, but they should modify it to be more like suggested seating like the Herschend parks do on their popular coasters. They let you request certain rows if that's what you want, no problem there. Assigned seating does improve capacity and reduce the clutters of cramped people waiting in the station, but it can get very annoying.

I don't think they should get rid of assigned seating, but they should modify it to be more like suggested seating like the Herschend parks do on their popular coasters. They let you request certain rows if that's what you want, no problem there. Assigned seating does improve capacity and reduce the clutters of cramped people waiting in the station, but it can get very annoying.

I agree here. I like the older process where they just limited people into the station but you could choose where you wanted to sit. So long as there are minimal empty seats, what's the big deal?

I usually just throw a fit and call the row assigner racist bigot. After a little crying, loud cursing, some vocal fry, and a lengthy explanation about how their policy makes no sense, I usually just pick whatever row I want. Security tries to throw me out, but I just threaten to sue at that point and record everything on my phone.

If you want any more pointers on how to do whatever the hell you want, just because you're a traveling paying customer, pick up the book: Handbook for the Spoiled Rotten Millennial

Or you can just not let the policy ruin your day and appreciate the fact that the ride is pumping out 45 trains an hour.

^Looks like someone needs to learn how to accept opposing opinions without spewing immature insults.

Yes, I understand that the seat-assigner is just doing their job, and I now know that not all of them are going to be dicks, only a select few. Thanks for all of your kind suggestions.

It's still a terrible policy, though. Just saying...

^Looks like someone needs to learn how to accept opposing opinions without spewing immature insults.

No. You don't have to accept an opposing opinion when the opposing opinion is that you should ignore all of the park staff, argue with park staff and be a complete dick all day which by the way is much more "immature" than that post.

PS: That post was amazing

I hope it's pieces aren't sitting out in the sun somewhere

Do you think they're going to put a giant tarp over it every night after it's built?

Well, they do have a giant tarp over it now...

So you never know.

I get it but you do realize we're millennials too, right?

Oh I get it, which is why I boast my old school mentality without shame.

Dude... come talk to me when you're old enough to vote or go to a park without your parents dropping you off. One day you'll be mature enough to realize just how immature we all are.

The bottom line is if you get denied for a particula row 10 times, why not just quietly walk to your row of choice once or twice? I'm not advocating constantly breaking the rules and I'm not saying do it every time. Either way, I most definitely don't agree with getting into a pissing match with the row assigner, who has one job and is making $10 an hour. As people said before, it's not going to kill anyone to quietly select your row occasionally. Even if the row assigner does see this happen, they'll likely not say anything or care. I saw it many times during my trip. The world will still go around and you probably won't upset anyone.

I find it funny that no one has the balls to break this tiny rule once or twice, but people never hesitate to be internet warriors. As for displaying a hurricane of emotions over something as insignificant as not being able to pick a row of choice on a roller coaster, people deserve to be made fun of.

^I just said in my last post that I understand that I won't have to annoy the operators or be a dick in real life. And if you want to stay bitter that a teenager thought your mediocre joke was stupid, go ahead, I really don't care anymore.

So since we've been spamming the thread with boring topics and cheap insults, let's talk about the actual rides.

When I visit the park I'm planning on going to on Fury 325, Intimidator, Afterburn, Carolina Cobra, Carolina Cyclone, Carolina Goldrusher, Wind Seeker, Drop Tower, Scream Weaver, Woodstock Gliders, Woodstock Express, and the new Plants vs. Zombies thing. Are there any other good non-coaster rides I should try? And I'd like to hear people's opinions on Nighthawk, Vortex and Hurler, since I've heard that a lot of people don't like them. And as for any of the other coasters, I'd get on them if there was no line or if I did everything I actually wanted to do first.

One of the downfalls of the park is that there aren't a lot of good non-coaster rides, including the absence of a train or a log flume.

I don't like flyers and I don't like Firehawk, but Nighthawk wasn't bad during my one and only ride. It's worth a try and the setting is nice.

Vortex might be my least favorite B&M standup I've ever ridden, and I got a ride on Iron Wolf when it was still at SFGam. Hurler is absolutely worthless to me, unless I just feel like taking ibuprofen for some reason.

I'd like to hear people's opinions on Nighthawk, Vortex and Hurler

I like Nighthawk, I like Vortex but have no idea why. Hurler is the textbook definition of mediocrity. It's not good, it's not bad, it's just there. Southern Star is a fun flat if you're into that type of thing but yeah, this park sucks in the non coaster department. The Sky Tower is nice, I like Windseekers, Plants vs Zombies is fun but aside from that I don't really care and even those aren't amazing. They have a Boo Blasters if you want some air conditioning. They need a flume and they need it desperately.

Alright, so I'll ride Nighthawk, and give Hurler and their wild mouse a quick ride if they don't have lines. I'd ride Vortex if I got absolutely everything done and I really feel like being a credit whore, since I don't really do stand-ups.

You into water parks?

It's Carowinds. You'll have everything done in 4 hours. Just ride everything and then marathon Fury and Afterburn.

Truth! My Saturday tradition this summer has been: work till noon, drive 3 hours down to Carowinds, use my meal plan and get 2 meals while riding whatever I want. I still get a ride on Intimidator, and a few a piece on both Afterburn and Fury. I always leave content, granted I have done everything there and those 3 *are* the park.

One of the downfalls of the park is that there aren't a lot of good non-coaster rides, including the absence of a train or a log flume.

I don't like flyers and I don't like Firehawk, but Nighthawk wasn't bad during my one and only ride. It's worth a try and the setting is nice.

WHETT!!!!!!!!??? You dont like flyers?? One of the only flyers you willing snap with no punishment at that? Also Peanut Pirates is a fun little flat then there's Plantz vs Zombie, Southern Star, Windseeker, Scambler, Screamweaver (enterprise), Drop Tower, and the Sky Tower. If those arent you cup of tea then yea you'll be over it quickly. The flume was removed due to it's leaky fiberglass and Intimadator, but I agree we need another one for those who are not into water parks.

WHETT!!!!!!!!??? You dont like flyers?? One of the only flyers you willing snap with no punishment at that?

The Carowinds Flyers are overrated in my opinion. The bumpers on them are really annoying. I prefer KD and (obviously) Knoebels.

The flume was removed due to it's leaky fiberglass and Intimadator

We got screwed on that trade. I'd rather have the Flume.

Carowinds flyers over KD flyers? Whoa buddy I know it's hot out but you have just crossed the line. KD flyers suck balls lol. It's a Larson model that you cant even snap and if so teach me please.

Edited by pproteinc