TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

I went to the park tonight and go to watch the new show Cirque Imagine. I have to say it is a really impressive show and I wonder how the show got to be at a Cedar Fair park. It's definitely in the realm of a Dollywood or Disney caliber show. Lots of acrobatics and stunts I have not seen before, and it was very impressive some of the stunts they pulled off in the small stage area they had. A solid 9/10 as far as shows go for me.

If it's the same as the one at Kings Island, it's a great show. Some different takes on the standard acts. Hard to say anything without spoiling something. Just anyone within range of one of these shows, go see it.

On another note, line jumping is rampant at parks everywhere. It happened to me twice tonight. Anytime it happens to me I call the people out on it. They are usually very nice and let me in front of them. I, unfortunately, have a tendency to get mad at them, and call them out in a very rude manner. So much so, the grandmother of the family that line jumped me got out of her wheelchair and gave me a very "stern talking to." So my question is, how should I/how do you deal with line jumpers politely? Or should I just ignore them?

Report it to a ride operator/supervisor/manager. I've been a victim of line jumping several times off duty and they don't respond when I take out my associate ID, so I've just learned to let the people who are paid to handle it handle it. And if they don't, file a complaint with the park that it's being allowed to happen. Make sure to mention the associate's name.

Is it better than All Wheel Sports at Dorney?

Well, it is produced by and is an actual Cirque du Soleil so . . . I guess it all balls down to what you like. I love cirque shows.

I love the show myself and saw it at KD two weeks ago. I feel it is a big step in live entertainment. To me it's nothing "new" being Carowinds already have a similar show during the Haunt season in the county fair section. Just can't remember the name of it. They did everything minus the bicycle act. It was more focused on the hula-hoop trampoline and the acrobat in the air scenes. Still love it tho. I'm just now ready for 2017 with these new flats coming. Lol

So, I understand that Carowinds Woodstock Gliders are the old Bisch Rocco flying scooters from KI. I am a huge enthusiast of these rides and was wondering if they are strict about snapping, or if it has been dulled down to prevent snapping.

So, I understand that Carowinds Woodstock Gliders are the old Bisch Rocco flying scooters from KI. I am a huge enthusiast of these rides and was wondering if they are strict about snapping, or if it has been dulled down to prevent snapping.

I hear they encourage it at carowinds not sure if it's true but people have said it has happened

The ride operators has a microphone and encourages it and the ride is happening, calling out the best flyers (but he doesn't refer to it as snapping)

Larry and anyone else - can you give a complete novice advice on how to snap flyers? Nobody I go to parks with knows anything about snapping and I really want to learn. I've watched videos but that doesn't really give me a step by step. Thanks!

Larry and anyone else - can you give a complete novice advice on how to snap flyers? Nobody I go to parks with knows anything about snapping and I really want to learn. I've watched videos but that doesn't really give me a step by step. Thanks!

Push the rudder left to get it to steer upwards away from the center of the ride. Push/pull the rudder right to send it back towards the center of the ride. The biggest thing to me is that some people think you have to go with full steering input. If you're good at it, you'll realize that isn't the best way.

When we talk about snapping, it makes a lot more sense while you're riding them. But DirkFunk is pretty much right. Snapping doesn't require whipping the sails too harshly or always pushing it as far as possible.

You just move the sail until you get to the highest point, then you quickly move it in the opposite direction to go down quickly. After you get enough momentum, you move the sail quickly against the breeze or against the direction your flyer is going. This lets the flyer stop abruptly, so the slack occurs and you go rocking and flying everywhere!

This always works on Bisch-Rocco flyers, even the "lame" ones like the Lake Compounce ones, for example. This doesn't work so well with Larson flyers, though. The most you'll get is really light snapping or a bit of wobbling. And that's only on the better Larson flyers like Kong at Morey's Piers and Frontier Flyers at Hershey Park. On the slow Larson flyers like the Six Flags America ones nothing will happen at all.

In simple terms, you want to fly in an oval shape. You pretty much want to start getting as high as you can, and before you near the highest point, turn the rudder towards the ride (push handle to the right) and stay that way till you near the bottom, then point it in the opposite direction and repeat. It takes a few tries to get to the right arc and height. I hope i make sense, i am very bad with explaining things haha.

Finally got to take a spin on Fury 325 yesterday (July 6th) and its a fantastic ride. The first drop is great and the speed is awesome! Some how every time i ended up on the left outside seat and it would always feel like it was going to sling me right out of the seat on the curves from the speed which was a blast! I didn't feel the floating air time as much until towards the last of the ride when it started slowing down mainly after the brake run. Rode on the 4th row once and the 7th row a few times and liked the 7th alot better, in the 4th row you could feel it losing speed alot the last part of the ride but the 7th row just felt faster throughout the ride.

Rode Mako 2 days before and loved it just as much. Fury is fast and powerful and Mako is more about floating air time. Both outstanding rides!

Few pictures from the day at the park.