TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

I rode,intimidator front row, with my roommate behind me. I literally turned to her on the top of one of the camelbacks when we slowed to a crawl....like turned my entire body and just went "what the hell is this?"

Just picturing that made me literally laugh out loud.

Same here

I think Fury has a lot to do with it. Before Fury was there everybody loved Intimidator.

I seem to recall this... I went to Carowinds last year expecting Intimidator to be a great Hyper, based off of everybody's reports on it. Then I found it to be good but not great, and started reading from everybody how bad it is... Definitely the "Fury Effect" taking place!

Rode Intimidator at night for the first time at Scarowinds in 2014 and it was a pretty solid hyper. Still behind Diamondback and Apollo's Chariot for me as far as B&ms go, but pretty fun.

Rode it last July a few hours after riding Fury and besides the first drop it could not have been more boring. The trims were hitting super hard and I just couldn't believe how... painfully average it was. I think we rode it 3 times. Same ride every time.

Carowinds is getting a one-of-a-kind exec! Pat Jones is coming from KD up I-85. From my time working at the park, I cannot remember a more dedicated park front office brass, I saw her often interacting with guest, checking in with employees, by the end of my fourth year we were on first name basis. Gotta wish her good luck with bringing the KD spirit to the best park in the Southeastern US.

It's funny to think how a massive hit like Fury can knock out your past staple ride. When we went to the park in 13 I really enjoyed Intimidator, but it didn't top Diamondback for me. I still spent the majority of my rides on Afterburn. Although maybe Intimidator was never really that good, because no matter how many pictures I show my wife she doesn't even remember it. Ironically, if you packed that thing up and moved it to SFSTL it would instantly be king.

Like other's have said, I'm just trying not to set my expectations too high before riding Fury next Wednesday and Thursday. After years of listening to everyone else so much where I thought I-305 would be my perfect coaster I'm playing this one safe.

Like other's have said, I'm just trying not to set my expectations too high before riding Fury next Wednesday and Thursday. After years of listening to everyone else so much where I thought I-305 would be my perfect coaster I'm playing this one safe.

I'm with you with my first visit coming up the end of next month. Interested to hear your review of things but will still keep my expectations in check!

Carowinds is getting a one-of-a-kind exec! Pat Jones is coming from KD up I-85. From my time working at the park, I cannot remember a more dedicated park front office brass, I saw her often interacting with guest, checking in with employees, by the end of my fourth year we were on first name basis. Gotta wish her good luck with bringing the KD spirit to the best park in the Southeastern US.

I've come to realize, just like the president of the US . . . it doesn't really matter who the "face". After having 4 GM's within less than 2 years you gotta be like what the hell lol.

You won't be dissapointed. The first drop is more memorable than Millie, the middle section is out of control crazy fast, and the last 3 hills have insane ejector air.

I think it just goes to show how freaking good Fury is. It still admonishes me it's a B&M. It would overshadow most rides at Cedar point too

"I must not be a vocabulary nazi... I must not be a vocabulary nazi..."

It's interesting thinking about anticipointment (yes, the vocabulary nazi is fully aware that is not a REAL word, but it SHOULD be! ) in regard to Fury... I actually experienced that in regard to Afterburn when I went to Carowinds. I mean, it was a fun little Invert, and I prefer it to Raptor and the Batman clones, I think... However, after everybody raved about how amazing it was, I was a little let-down actually riding it, and feeling like it was just another typical B&M early model "intensity-heavy" Invert. I would caution anybody away from getting too hyped over that particular coaster, vs. Fury, which in my opinion, actually delivered the "#1 coaster I've ridden" experience that I was anticipating it might!

I rode,intimidator front row, with my roommate behind me. I literally turned to her on the top of one of the camelbacks when we slowed to a crawl....like turned my entire body and just went "what the hell is this?"

LMAO.

My thoughts exactly.

Judging from other posters, isn't Behemoth still pretty well received at CW? Seems that Intimidator suffered a different fate.

I thought Behemoth and Leviathan complimented each other very well. They both offer something a little different. Behemoth is a great coaster with a really cool location over the water.

It should also be pointed out though that Fury is much better than Leviathan and Behemoth is much better than Intimidator, so there isn't such an intense contrast between the two rides at Canada's Wonderland. I don't think anyone would say that Intimidator is a bad ride, but Fury really does make it look bad.

You won't be dissapointed. The first drop is more memorable than Millie, the middle section is out of control crazy fast, and the last 3 hills have insane ejector air.

Where do you like to sit? I'm typically a last row kinda gal myself unless I'm on Ka or TTD, but take suggestions into account for new rides.

Where do you like to sit? I'm typically a last row kinda gal myself unless I'm on Ka or TTD, but take suggestions into account for new rides.

Sadly, due to CF's ridiculous assigned seating policies, I didn't get a front row ride on Fury yet...

HOWEVER, I did ride it in the second row once, the back row three times, and the second to back row once, and I MUCH preferred my rides in the back or second to back row, over the ride in the second row. I know that the front is way better than the second because of the view, and the lack of obstructions, but Fury took the #1 spot on my favorite coaster list, by virtue of those back row rides. So I would definitely say that back row is awesome, and is likely going to give you a wilder overall ride than the front row will!

Can anyone give me feedback on how busy things "might" be next Friday?

We are driving down from Richmond on our way to Atlanta and are making a stop here for one day only. We probably won't get there until 12/12:30 and will stay til close (8pm from what I see). Hoping to hit all the coasters but naturally want as many laps on Fury as I can get. Don't want to spend the $$ on fast pass unless I have to but with our time being limited I may not have a choice if its busy.

Not busy.

Today is a beautiful Friday and if you check out the Fury Cam you'll see it's only a stair wait. Besides the waterpark, Carowinds is only busy on Saturdays and during Scarowinds. Expect waits for Nighthawk and Ricochet but you'll have no problem getting tons of rides and re-rides in on Fury, Afetrburn and Intimidator (if you care).

Of course a bunch of random groups can change things but I highly, highly doubt it.