TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

I'm most interested to see where the rides will be located in the park. As has been mentioned, I think it's a safe bet that the Wave Swinger will be replacing the Yo-Yo. I could also see one of them going in the old Black Widow/Cinema 180/arcade spot. Maybe the old Thunder Road station area for some of the others?

If anyone is interested in representing TPR for a hard hat construction tour at Carowinds on Feb 24th, please contact me at robbalvey@themeparkreview.com

You must be:

- 18 years or over

- Able to take decent pictures and post a photo trip report

- Available in the morning for a couple of hours

This is a tour of all the new additions coming to the park this year. Please email me if you would be interested and once we select someone to go, I will email you back.

Thank you!

^For the 2 users above visiting the park this summer, the lines aren't bad and you really only need one day at the park. If you are traveling by car I would suggest adding a second park that lines up with whatever direction you are traveling (KD, SFOG, Dollywood) unless one of those is a park you are already going to or have been to enough to be satisfied.

Have fun at Carowinds! There are rarely any lines during weekdays other than Nighthawk and since most of the park's line up is very average you will have plenty of time for Fury. Be warned Intimidator is good but not great and if you ride Fury first you may be underwhelmed. Afterburn is awesome. The rest of the coasters are meh but if you like classic Arrows that will help! I am a fan as well. Don't miss the flyers! The operators encourage snapping and that is a classic model from the 1940s(?).

I'm most interested to see where the rides will be located in the park. As has been mentioned, I think it's a safe bet that the Wave Swinger will be replacing the Yo-Yo. I could also see one of them going in the old Black Widow/Cinema 180/arcade spot. Maybe the old Thunder Road station area for some of the others?

I feel like the Breakdance would look really cool over by Coasters and Hurler if there is any space over there. Honestly the park could use some flats between coasters so anywhere they have space will be perfect.

All of these are great flats and I will definitely be back to the park when they open! Seriously probably my favorite 5 flats they could have chosen. Top Scans are ridiculously intense and possibly my favorite flat. Can't wait!

^For the 2 users above visiting the park this summer, the lines aren't bad and you really only need one day at the park. If you are traveling by car I would suggest adding a second park that lines up with whatever direction you are traveling (KD, SFOG, Dollywood) unless one of those is a park you are already going to or have been to enough to be satisfied.

Have fun at Carowinds! There are rarely any lines during weekdays other than Nighthawk and since most of the park's line up is very average you will have plenty of time for Fury. Be warned Intimidator is good but not great and if you ride Fury first you may be underwhelmed. Afterburn is awesome. The rest of the coasters are meh but if you like classic Arrows that will help! I am a fan as well. Don't miss the flyers! The operators encourage snapping and that is a classic model from the 1940s(?).

Thanks for the tip!!! We are actually doing Dollywood during the week. And ill make sure to ride Intimidator first then Fury!!

You know, I just can't think how different the park looks with Thunder Road gone. I bet the view will also be different from the drivers that were used to driving by Thunder Road, and now the coaster isn't there anymore.

"Don't look at me; I just want to lie in bed all day."

New park map is online and Minigolf is missing, and it also says "SPRING". So I'm guessing there will be more maps to come out?

If you're hoping for those 5 new European flats, that's most likely out of the question. Carolina Harbor not being open yet but being featured on the map could very well confuse and anger some of the less intelligent guests. Speaking of those flats, where could they go?

New park map is online and Minigolf is missing, and it also says "SPRING". So I'm guessing there will be more maps to come out?

If you're hoping for those 5 new European flats, that's most likely out of the question. Carolina Harbor not being open yet but being featured on the map could very well confuse and anger some of the less intelligent guests. Speaking of those flats, where could they go?

Doesn't sound like he was hoping the flats would show up. Just saying we may see seasonal park maps now vs just one for the entire year and the fact the mini golf is pretty much gone.

No, I was just pointing out it wasn't on the map and as far the "SPRING" goes, the water park never opens until Memorial Day Weekend but we have always had the same map all season. As far as what goes where I don't know but with them removing Minigolf I would say one in that area.

I would wager a revamp of the county fair section where the majority (3 - wave swinger, top scan and music express) of the flats would go and other improvements. I would even say some pluses to planet snoopy as well, with the breakdance going over there. I wouldn't count on another water park expansion just yet. It's kinda too early to call it for 2017 other than the flats.

All speculation of course . . .