TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

I was returning to the US on a transatlantic flight yesterday and I was hoping to catch a glimpse of Carowinds when we came in to land at Charlotte. Turns out that the approach and being in a port side window seat favoured this - the flight landed on runway 36R and I was able to get these shots on final.

Carowinds_Air_1.thumb.jpg.c8e8631b56dc197c0b21180be8207c7b.jpg

Carowinds_Air_2.thumb.jpg.d1c23531869e8a6f5a6dbc83217a867d.jpg

Has there been any sightings or news about the Mondial Topscan seen at the park back in November? This may be a 2017 addition if it isn't installed for this year.
Great Pictures. What is the light blue stuff/thing at the bottom of Fury 325 first drop??

The top scan that never was . . .

Has there been any sightings or news about the Mondial Topscan seen at the park back in November? This may be a 2017 addition if it isn't installed for this year.
Great Pictures. What is the light blue stuff/thing at the bottom of Fury 325 first drop??

Ok. That's what I thought it might be, but what are all of the containers in the bus parking for?? Starbucks? Seems like a lot just for Starbucks and if it was for the new water park, that seems like a weird place to put them, all the way across the park.

Ok. That's what I thought it might be, but what are all of the containers in the bus parking for?? Starbucks? Seems like a lot just for Starbucks and if it was for the new water park, that seems like a weird place to put them, all the way across the park.

possible overflow trailer parking from TJMaxx distribution across the street. Carowinds rents out space to them in the off season, they normally park where thunderroad use to be but that area is under construction.

You would THINK they would put more photo ops around the park now with this coming next year . . .

Went to the site saw this . . .

CAPTURE! Enjoy your day at Carowinds, because your photos are covered! With your FunPix card, you can be professionally photographed at the front gate, on your favorite ride, with park characters, or wherever you see one of our park photographers. At specially designated FunPix Photo Spot locations, just open the park app and scan a QR code with your mobile device to unlock super-cool frames and borders for one-of-a-kind photos.

• 2 weeks later...

We're considering taking a Carowinds-Dollywood trip this May. If we were to go, we'd be at Carowinds on the 19th and 20th (Thursday and Friday). How busy would the park be on those days? Any others tips/advice for visiting the park?

Carowinds is rarely busy (with the exception of the water park) unless it's a Saturday. You'll be fine, the only large lines in the dry park will probably be for Nighthawk and Ricochet.

I know I'm not the person who asked the question, but thanks for this info. This is good to know. I'm probably doing a Dollywood-Carowinds trip this year and hitting Carowinds on a Wednesday in early June.

Going to Carowinds the weekend after Fourth of July!!!

How should crowds be. Will be there friday and saturday/

Carowinds is rarely busy (with the exception of the water park) unless it's a Saturday. You'll be fine, the only large lines in the dry park will probably be for Nighthawk and Ricochet.

So it'll be busy on Sarurday and not on Friday. And you're welcome jonskinny12!