TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

Did Canada's Wonderland sent their Shockwave ride to Carowinds?

No, Shockwave is still at the park and there are no plans of removal to their already amazing flat ride collection, just additions. Also, as pproteinc has stated, the arms of Shockwave are blue. Also, the restraints on Shockwave are black and not green. This Mondial Topscan appears to have a very interesting metallic colour scheme. It would be neat to think about what it could be called even though this ride hasn't been announced yet. I am glad to see that more amazing Mondial rides are appearing at other Cedar Fair parks that Canada's Wonderland has had for years!

First time on this thread, I have an interesting point to bring up.

Years ago, Matt Oumiet said that Carowinds, Valleyfair, and California's Great America. Recently, Matt Oumiet reiterated that CGa and VF will still be getting large expansions. Over the past couple of years, Carowinds have received massive expansions, which have, at the moment, turned them into a super park. Personally, I think Carowinds will not be receiving any more massive expansions. I do not think Cedar Fair was trying to turn Carowinds into a clear #2 park behind Cedar Point with these three expansions (yes, I count Plants v. Zombies as an expansion). For Carowinds, I think a very clear and obvious break is in sight. I do not think they will receive a ride next year. Valleyfair is my home park. I do not think we will be getting any sort of expansion that would elevate us to a national park. I also think that CGA would be getting sizable upgrades, although not as much as Carowinds. Personally, I believe that the parks will be getting...

Valleyfair

2017: B&M Inverted Coaster

2018: Water Park Expansion (New entrance, mat racer, funnel slide)

2019: Triotech Dark Ride

CGA

2017: Water Park Expansion (Capsule Slides)

2018: S&S 4D Free Spin

2019: Triotech Dark Ride

I know some of you will call me crazy, but I would have called anyone crazy if they projected what Carowinds would have gotten.

^Cedar Fair put a number and a promise into Carowinds based on projections. They delivered on that $50 million promise and the surrounding area has responded even more positively than Cedar Fair envisioned. The rumors are that they aren't done with Carowinds, short or long term, and may very well be increasing that $50 million figure.

With Valleyfair, however, there has been no promise. Just statements, investor hope, if you will. The reality is that the 2015 slide complex may have been the primary attraction investment, and with a lower ROI outlook for more expensive investments, they may not see major capital as a valid investment into Valleyfair. A new shoe and flying scooters don't scream "growth" to me, unfortunately.

As for you plan,mill take you up on that. You're insane. That's easily $40 million in three years, excluding the infrastructure work they've been doing recently. I know it's your home park and I can relate (mine being Six Flags America), but the relocate is that the money, the promise, just isn't there.

And no, theyre definitely not done with Carowinds. Not to mention, the 2017 new coaster budget is looking somewhere between Canada's Wonderland/Kings Dominion.

I don't know how you can say there has been no promise when Matt Oumiet just said that the expansion/investment for CGA and VF haven't even started. I also can remind you that CF owes VF a coaster, and next year, the yearly coaster is not going to a large park. I think it will either go to WoF, Dorney, or VF. Dorney just released their budget for 2017, and it is certainly not enough for a coaster. I think you seriously undervalue what the smaller parks will be getting in the next few years, and if you disagree with me, you don't need to express it on every thread, every single time. Also, Six Flags America is in an entirely different chain, and is getting a pretty good water kingdom, so I don't know why you're not somewhat happy.

I also can remind you that CF owes VF a coaster

No need to debate this any further. I can't handle it.

You win.

Oh, and by the way, your post makes no sense. You say it will most likely go to one of three parks including Dorney, and in the same breath say it cannot go to Dorney? Where are you finding these supposed "released" yearly budgets? I'm calling bullsh*t on that one.

And I'm not allowed to express my opinion when I disagree? I'll keep that in mind for my next post on a *discussion* board.

Anyways, moving on from that aside. I'm not familiar with the layout of Carowinds, but is it possible the new Top Scan could sit where Thunder Road's queue/station once were, or is that entirely covered by the waterpark expansion?

Oh god! The VF thread has infected the carowinds thread lol lol. Years ago matt said what? You just dropped it all. Guess you wanted to get to the meat of your argument. And years ago??? When did matt come on board at cedar fair? And cedar fair owes vf a coaster? Well vf OWES cedar fair a chain wide record breaking season.

Can I go on any CF thread without reading about VF getting a B&M Invert

Anyways, Carowinds is 10 minutes from my parents house. So this is all very exciting. Being that my home park refuses to build, Carowinds will earn my business every time me and my wife fly down there to see them!

• 3 weeks later...

I think we should have a launch coaster like maverick at Cedar Point but with Gerstlauer. I think it should be 3 minutes long, 125 feet tall and a high speed of 80mph. It should be red with gray supports and should have a lsm launch lift. I think it would be good. It should also have 2 corkscrews and 1 dive loop. It should be an intense coaster with the first drop after the 12mph lift should be 95 degrees. I think this ride could hit number 2 or 3 for the park and we would have a better coaster lineup. i think we should also have a water coaster 82 feet tall with an 80 ft. drop at a top speed of 45mph. Two lifts and two drops would woork perfectly(second lift-65 ft tall and drop 62 feet and 35 mph. We also need like 6 new flats- world's biggest S&S screamin' swings- 125 ft structure and 150 ft high and 70 mph), a HUSS giant frisbee(160 ft. tall and 75 mph), zemparla air racers, a mondial top scan, a 67 mph 300 ft tall power tower in the thrill zone, and a topspin ride. If we have these rides we could be one of the leaing parks with flat rides.

I want a coaster like Maverick at Carowinds with the theme of the wild west but a different slogan. Same color scheme, same degree of 1st drop, and height of 125 ft, drop 120 ft at 65 mph and legnth of 5,200 ft and launch of 85 mph. It should have over-the-shouder restraints and same cars and trains as MAverick with 4 cars per train. The lift should be an LSM lift and the lift should be a speed of about 15-17 mph.

1. They built a 6600 foot long B&M rather recently. In fact, it was this year. If they would do anything like Maverick, it will take a while. Extreme specificity only makes your disappointment worse.

2. Next year, the year after adding the very long B&M, Carowinds is adding a rather large waterpark expansion. Along with an incoming expansion, Carowinds has an already existing shoot-the-chutes ride.

We also need like 6 new flats- world's biggest S&S screamin' swings- 125 ft structure and 150 ft high and 70 mph), a HUSS giant frisbee(160 ft. tall and 75 mph), zemparla air racers, a mondial top scan, a 67 mph 300 ft tall power tower in the thrill zone, and a topspin ride.

Carowinds has a somewhat decent collection of flat rides, including an Enterprise, a Looping starship, a Windseeker, a drop tower, and a dark ride(already one step ahead of CP). A giant frisbee is the only thing I see as realistic. Some people know the park much better than me, so they may think differently. The drop tower Carowinds already has is in Thrill Zone. Do you see a problem with adding a 300 foot power tower in the same area as a 174 drop tower?

TL;DR: I think the KD locals are migrating.

They need to have Maverick at Carowinds. It should be taller and faster.

No they don't... they just got a giga coaster last year, this year they're getting a huge waterpark expansion, new interactive ride and possibly a Top Scan. Carowinds doesn't need anything right now. You people are being beyond ridiculous.

I think it should be 3 minutes long, 125 feet tall and a high speed of 80mph. It should be red with gray supports and should have a lsm launch lift. I think it would be good.

This idea is awful. The ride needs to be AT LEAST 3 minutes and 13 seconds long and the speed should be no more than 79 MPH. Otherwise I'll boycott the park forever.

PS: When did this become the Darien Lake thread?

No they don't... they just got a giga coaster last year, this year they're getting a huge waterpark expansion, new interactive ride and possibly a Top Scan. Carowinds doesn't need anything right now. You people are being beyond ridiculous.

It's only December and already you talk like it's 2016?

Thanks guys. I was just saying what I wanted and not what was really reasonable. But I would really want is a coaster other than B&M to bo our next coaster. We already have 4 and if we don't have another manufacturer soon, we might just become too B&M coastered. Thanks for the feedback!

Thanks guys. I was just saying what I wanted and not what was really reasonable. But I would really want is a coaster other than B&M to bo our next coaster. We already have 4 and if we don't have another manufacturer soon, we might just become too B&M coastered. Thanks for the feedback!

There are many benefits to building a B&M. The only downside is the cost. They are very photogenic and reliable, they have great capacities, and are overall fun rides. I heard many people say their favorite roller coaster at Carowinds is either Fury 325 or Afterburn. With B&Ms dominating the top spots, adding another B&M wouldn't be too bad of a decision.

Dorney just released their budget for 2017, and it is certainly not enough for a coaster.

And you know/saw this how.......

Yeah there are PRETTY strong rumors that we will be getting a new coaster next year. (Dorney Park)

as a fan of dorney and a frequent visitor where are these rumors?

Dorney just released their budget for 2017, and it is certainly not enough for a coaster.

And you know/saw this how.......

Yeah there are PRETTY strong rumors that we will be getting a new coaster next year. (Dorney Park)

as a fan of dorney and a frequent visitor where are these rumors?

The most credible sources are people who want a new coaster next year.