TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

^ It's normally the last weekend of March. Im guessing the official date is March 26th and if they do the season pass preview night next year, which i doubt because there's nothing next year really to preview except the plants vs zombie 3d attraction, will be the 25th at 6pm.

^I attended Winter Fest, too, with some friends who live in the Smokies. Overall, we liked it (especially the Christmas dinner), but we all thought the Santa's Workshop show was pretty bad (but at least the theater was heated).

Yea the acting and shows during that timer were horrid at best lol... I think if they pulled it off now it could be a great shows. The park have stepped up there game with live entertainment. It's not the best but its way better than the yesteryears.

Thanks to RideWarrior for the photo ... looks like Carowinds is being sneaky and have a surprise ride for 2016 along with the waterpark expansion and plants vs zombie 3D attractions....looks like a top scan flat like Shockwave at CW!

image.jpeg.ddd78fa6584759594db1e9052d078139.jpeg

Edited by pproteinc

I can't seem to find the parts for it on the webcam. Hopefully they install it here and aren't holding it for another park. I've always wanted to ride one of these but there so rare down south that is nearly impossible to find one.

This has nothing to do with all that, but how has a 16 year old been on so many great coasters?! I'm jealous!

Can any eagle eyed readers tell the difference between a star shape and a top scan part? I sure hope it is a star shape, as much as I love top scans a star shape would be the first in the US. I also wonder if these parts are just being stored here for elsewhere, safe from the brutal winter.

Edit: Upon further review: Top scans have this angled box/bar on each row of seats (on the inside between the innermost seat and where the row connects to the gondola) Staf Shapes do not have this part. I believe the parts at Carowimds are Mondial Top Scan versus Zierer Star Shape.

Very sneaky sneaky CW....

image.jpeg.b9da6e6550cf015b2b8251473ff41883.jpeg

image.jpeg.44dc9b7163b78b7e4ba0643bf275383f.jpeg

Can any eagle eyed readers tell the difference between a star shape and a top scan part? I sure hope it is a star shape, as much as I love top scans a star shape would be the first in the US. I also wonder if these parts are just being stored here for elsewhere, safe from the brutal winter.

lol stored. for who? i would say there was 0 chance of that.

why wouldnt they announce this? this is a big deal ride.

Not compared to what else they have in store for the park . . .

Besides, its gonna be announced formally. They're not just gonna open for the season and people have to discover the new ride.