TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

Should be a great addition to Carowinds, I really like this slide tower that CF has been putting up at their parks. The trap door slides are a ton of fun and having three of them really helps with capacity issues. The other three tube slides offer a different experience for people that might be too scared to try out the trap door slides. I also like how they are keeping it included with park admission and not charging a separate fee for it.

So how much of the new additions is taken up by the space that Thunder Road occupied?

The new wave pool, the new entrance, Blackbeard's Revenge and parking revamp. There still will be an empty plot of land where TR station was located I guess for future County Fair expansions that's to come hopefully in 2017.

Clearly I'll be going over there to eat in Harbor House restaurant if seafood is on the menu. I most excited about that alone. lol. I wonder also where this starbucks is actually going to be located near the front entrance its not much space up there. I'm thinking theyre are going to start phasing out the deco style buildings 1 by 1.

Hopefully they give the current slides and structures thats there a good power washing, rust treatments and paint jobs just to freshen up the place with the new themes.

^Every time I see that I wonder if this expansion was originally planned without the removal of Thunder Road (which I still think was a terrible decision). I mean they are hardly using the space it occupied (so far).

...I really don't know what you're looking at. This is taking up most of the ride's footprint.

So how much of the new additions is taken up by the space that Thunder Road occupied?

Not much at all . . . for now. From what I "hear" it wasn't in the plans to remove it, just yet but due to "other" problems with it, coupled with very low ridership the decision came to remove it. There has been permit floating around for grading in the county fair section. Maybe we will see what becomes of that in October? But as of right now, the Skeleton crew show for SCarowinds is to be he held in the County Fair.

I wonder how likely the odds are that Carowinds Vortex will be converted into a floorless coaster in 2017 like CP did with Mantis, and CGA is doing with their Vortex? Someone in the CGA thread mentioned that Carowinds Vortex would be very boring as a floorless as the layout really only works because of the Stand-Up gimmick. I personally cant state an opinion on that as I've never been to Carowinds.

I don't get it. The layout is the layout, be it standing or sitting. Some people even sit as it is now. In my opinion, trains don't make the layout, they can make the layout bearable or not. Ao, if its boring as a floorless, chances are its still working as a stand up.