TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

Yeah, I've ridden both. And I don't really rate coasters, so it's a moot point. Good coasters are good coasters. And they are both good coasters.

I don't think that was the answer the troll was looking for. See he hasn't given up...

Yeah, I've ridden both. And I don't really rate coasters, so it's a moot point. Good coasters are good coasters. And they are both good coasters.

I don't think that was the answer the troll was looking for. See he hasn't given up...

i smell a hater in my life, hmm. it's ok, im used to it

No one is hating on you at all...you are going around lately trolling anyone that speaks second rate of I305.

I hope for sh!ts and giggles he picks Fury 325 to make you ball in a corner and cry...

No one is hating on you at all...you are going around lately trolling anyone that speaks second rate of I305.

I hope for sh!ts and giggles he picks Fury 325 to make you ball in a corner and cry...

hey, if he picks it he picks it, there are plenty of wimps out there. it's not a big deal bro

How exactly does having an opinion contrary to yours make somebody a wimp?

Lots of ordinary folks cant deal with i305s killa strength

And I'm having trouble dealing with your attitude.

You're needlessly flaming other members who may or may not share your opinion regarding I305. Cut it out--now.

And a gentle reminder to others: Don't feed the trolls. Thank you.

You're needlessly flaming other members who may or may not share your opinion regarding I305. Cut it out--now.

Whats wrong with an opinion

To people who have ridden Fury:

How is its airtime? I've heard that B&M hypers only have floater air, but as a giga does Fury's airtime have negative g's? How does it compare to RMCs?

I think its the strongest B&M airtime I have experienced. Think dive machine airtime...

So, very strong airtime but not much of it?

Sounds like a great and balanced ride to me.

Although i305 sounds super intense and crazy, Fury sounds awesome, fun, and re-rideable. My only experience with heavy sustained g-forces is Titan, which I no desire to reride but found to be very fun and very intense. Having never ridden either I think that both i305 and Fury are amazing rides in their own right, probably each the best made by their respective manufacturers.

Anyway, let's stop comparing the two. Let's get back to Carowinds and whatever we were talking about earlier

Whats wrong with an opinion

There's nothing wrong with having an opinion. It's all in how you express it. What you've been doing is laying out "flame bait."

last ride of your life, you had to choose one, which do you pick???

Not that you asked but neither... Millennium Force

I think its the strongest B&M airtime I have experienced

Agreed, I thought Fury had outstanding airtime.

So, very strong airtime but not much of it?

Sounds like a great and balanced ride to me.

Although i305 sounds super intense and crazy, Fury sounds awesome, fun, and re-rideable. My only experience with heavy sustained g-forces is Titan, which I no desire to reride but found to be very fun and very intense. Having never ridden either I think that both i305 and Fury are amazing rides in their own right, probably each the best made by their respective manufacturers.

Anyway, let's stop comparing the two. Let's get back to Carowinds and whatever we were talking about earlier

I thought F325 had some awesome airtime, and plenty of it! First drop is floating for eternity. Transitions will make you pop out of your seat for a half second. The turnaround has crazy sideways airtime for a good while. The final airtime hills all have sustained flojector airtime which is very forceful and fun. Fury was amazing, I want to get back to Carowinds to ride it again next year for sure.

On a side note: I transformed my Intimidator 232 statix model into a Fury 325 Statix! Let me know what you think! (Sorry for poor quality tablet camera)

WIN_20150719_230949.thumb.JPG.da6840f70c0d1f0de15261dd0ef2fcd2.JPG

Fury 325 Statix!

can someone tell if i'm seeing things or not? i began to save for a carowinds trip a few months ago. so i priced season passes, " because it is a multi-day trip, it's the best option" but now a few months later, i go back to buy them, and the price has increased . how do you raise prices late in the season " for season passes! ". that's not what has even p!$$ed me off the most. before when budgeted this trip, the website clearly said children 4 and under are free. my 3yo son apparently now will have a more expensive multi-day ticket price then us adults, as i do not see a junior price on season passes. because of this, me and my family will most likely not be going to carowinds. a silver dollar city trip is sounding mighty nice at this point.

^That's standard practice for most amusement parks with their season passes. They always offer discounted deals before the start of summer. After a certain point they go to a regular rate. I had the same thing happen as I wasn't ready to purchase mine at the lower rate when it was available because I wasn't sure I would make it. Also I'm pretty sure Carowinds has been 3 years old and younger free for as long as they've been Cedar Fair owned and Paramount before...never 4 and under.

can someone tell if i'm seeing things or not? i began to save for a carowinds trip a few months ago. so i priced season passes, " because it is a multi-day trip, it's the best option" but now a few months later, i go back to buy them, and the price has increased . how do you raise prices late in the season " for season passes! ". that's not what has even p!$$ed me off the most. before when budgeted this trip, the website clearly said children 4 and under are free. my 3yo son apparently now will have a more expensive multi-day ticket price then us adults, as i do not see a junior price on season passes. because of this, me and my family will most likely not be going to carowinds. a silver dollar city trip is sounding mighty nice at this point.

How many days were you trying to go? How many people? What days? I'll see what I can find in terms of discounts.

^That's standard practice for most amusement parks with their season passes. They always offer discounted deals before the start of summer. After a certain point they go to a regular rate. I had the same thing happen as I wasn't ready to purchase mine at the lower rate when it was available because I wasn't sure I would make it. Also I'm pretty sure Carowinds has been 3 years old and younger free for as long as they've been Cedar Fair owned and Paramount before...never 4 and under.

I meant to say under 4, not 4 and under as i did. According to their website under 4 doesn't apply anymore.