TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

I got to say, I had a great time at this park. The whole new entrance with the N/S Carolina border setup and Fury flybys is very neat and cool. Intimidator and Afterburn, make a solid trio. The pictures remind me of that fun weekend.

Finally made my way back to Carowinds. Very fun hot humid trip. Fury was a lot better then I was expecting. Better then MF, and easily the second best ride in the park (after afterburn of course). Very solid coaster line up. I232 was also better then I was expecting. I had a flashpass so I rode everything I wanted alot. Only bad ride was Hurter, I mean hurler. It was crazy rough, it just wasnt fun.

I think they are adding new waterpark tubes. That is the only thing that can fit in that box guys . . .

This. This park desperately (and I mean desperately) needs a log flume but there's no way that'll happen. I would bet anything that this is a water park expansion, and to be fair their water park is pretty weak so it's a good move.

I think they are adding new waterpark tubes. That is the only thing that can fit in that box guys . . .

This. This park desperately (and I mean desperately) needs a log flume but there's no way that'll happen. I would bet anything that this is a water park expansion, and to be fair their water park is pretty weak so it's a good move.

When I was at the park last week and it was 97ish degrees with 90+% humidity I could not agree more that they need a nice log flume.

Will possibly be coming to the park from Ohio for the first time tomorrow! What should I expect the lines be tomorrow with it being 95 degrees outside? Will there still be crowds from July 4th? I'm planning to ride Fury at least 10 times lol. Fastlane needed?

Log Flumes don't get the respect they deserve b/c parks are not willing to dedicate the time to theming them anymore like they are themed at the Magic Kingdom and Knotts Berry Farm. Also people are into the instant gratification of the big splash rides and the visual of the huge wave, lol.

Just curious I know Cedar Point built a new log flume ride in 2010, has anyone built a new one since then and when was the last time someone built on since then?

New Blog Article From Carowinds.com:

THANK THUNDER ROAD - FAN TRIBUTE VIDEO

Tuesday, July 7th, 2015

Thunder Road will take its final bow on July 26 after nearly 40,000,000 scream-filled rides. To celebrate the legacy of this classic wooden racer and the special memories it has created with families since 1976, Carowinds is asking you, the fans, to help us create a fan tribute video.

From now through July 20, we want you to share your favorite Thunder Road memories as we say #ThanksThunderRoad. Email your Thunder Road pictures to: ThanksThunderRoad@carowinds.com or share them on Twitter using #ThanksThunderRoad.

Please note, on-ride footage/pictures will not be permitted or used.

Your picture(s) submission also enters you into a random drawing for a chance to win some ex

Submitting your pictures(s) will also enter you into a random drawing from some exclusive Thunder Road memorabilia. Prizes include:

A Ride on the Final Train - One lucky winner will have a chance to ride on Thunder Road's last race during our July 26th ceremony.

Branded Commemorative Thunder Road Wood Plaques - Two lucky winners will receive a limited edition, commemorative plaque from the wood of Thunder Road, branded with Thunder Road.

Tickets to Carowinds - Two lucky winners will receive two free tickets to Carowinds, good any operating day during the 2015 season.

Wood from Thunder Road - Up to twenty winners will receive a 1x1 piece of wood from Thunder Road.

Winners of the last ride on Thunder Road will be announced July 20, 2015; Thunder Road memorabilia winners will be selected and announced by August 7, 2015.

We want to honor and celebrate the legacy of Thunder Road. Share your memories, be part of history and help us say #ThanksThunderRoad!

Fans are limited to one submission each; however you can include multiple photos. When submitting your photo memories, please use the highest resolution possible to guarantee the quality of the video. By submitting your photos, you agree to allow Carowinds to use your photographs for reproduction in any medium in any Cedar Fair Entertainment Company or its designees may determine for the purpose of advertising, display, exhibition or editorial use.

how do you change the donkey phrase under your avatar? i'm not very computer savy, but have a clean donkey phrase i'd prefer to be there.

First, you have to gather up 150 real posts to the forum.

After that, you use This Thread to ask the all-powerful Title Fairy for a custom title.