TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

Early in the mornings its still that way. I know we are only two weeks into the season but it seemed almost daily, while watching the cam, the season pass processing always had a line. Looks like people are taking advantage of that reasonably priced season pass!

Aren't the one at Carowinds and Knotts the only ones to actually get people stuck?? I know, all the other ones have had their downtime, but most of it was a chain wide thing and not the individual Windseekers right?

I'm thinking it may have been the wind. That week winds were on the high side and I heard if the chairs swing to much it would cause the ride to stop. A ride op said that the dampers have a small sensor on them to so if it moves to much the ride stops. Is this true? I dont know; that's just what I've been told.

Well everyone I'm getting ready to make this 8hr+ drive to Carowinds tonight from Alabama. Super excited for my first visit tomorrow! If anyone else is going to be at the park tomorrow I hope you have a GREAT TIME! I'm also ThemeParkJunkie51290 on Youtube, so you might be in my park vlog tomorrow ! I plan on being there around 11 or 12 or maybe 1, but I plan on staying till closing which is 10 P.M. I major trip report is soon to come, so PLEASE keep an eye out for some amazing photos! HAVE FUN AND BE SAFE! LATER!

Well everyone I'm getting ready to make this 8hr+ drive to Carowinds tonight from Alabama. Super excited for my first visit tomorrow! If anyone else is going to be at the park tomorrow I hope you have a GREAT TIME! I'm also ThemeParkJunkie51290 on Youtube, so you might be in my park vlog tomorrow ! I plan on being there around 11 or 12 or maybe 1, but I plan on staying till closing which is 10 P.M. I major trip report is soon to come, so PLEASE keep an eye out for some amazing photos! HAVE FUN AND BE SAFE! LATER!

I know you've been excited for this trip all winter. I hope you have a great time.

Well, I made it, but I took the locals advice to wait till tomorrow for the "Taste of Carolina's" event. Besides, it's cold and raining on and off. I'll wait this day out. Even though Fury 325 is right outside my window! I'm trying to contain myself!

If it's in your budget (and it clears up), Carowinds has an after 4pm ticket for $29.99 if you want to go over and get a preview later this afternoon.

Also it looks like the bus parking lot is pretty full from the webcam today. The premium parking is filling up as well.

1494850505_frontgate4-17-152.thumb.jpg.9a8c6b0a18b4c3b6a9e4e5140e681ad8.jpg

Well, I made it, but I took the locals advice to wait till tomorrow for the "Taste of Carolina's" event. Besides, it's cold and raining on and off. I'll wait this day out. Even though Fury 325 is right outside my window! I'm trying to contain myself!

If it's in your budget (and it clears up), Carowinds has an after 4pm ticket for $29.99 if you want to go over and get a preview later this afternoon.

Also it looks like the bus parking lot is pretty full from the webcam today. The premium parking is filling up as well.

[attachment=0]front gate 4-17-15 2.jpg[/attachment]

Thanks! But I'll wait till tomorrow. I'm out now sight seeing the city! I'm so such a tourist!

[attachment=0]front gate 4-17-15 2.jpg[/attachment]

Thanks! But I'll wait till tomorrow. I'm out now sight seeing the city! I'm so such a tourist!

Well enjoy. Charlotte is my hometown. I've been gone for 9 years (outside of a weekend visit 5 years ago). I'll be going up in June for a week and can't wait!

Taste of Carolina's sounds like an awesome event, the closest I've come to Carolina cuisine is Tony Roma's

So I made it to Carowinds at 8:15 and got the after 4pm ticket because I am dieing to ride Fury and just finsihed a 6 hour drive so why not? I rode Fury 3x and it is amazing! It has fast transitions like Maverick and airtime I could almost compare to an Intamin. Its not no Skyrush or El Toro airtime but its great airtime! Im going tomorrow for the full day. I will be weareing a shirt that says size matters and shows Kingda Ka on it. If you run into me say hi. I shall also post a full trip report soon. And ine last thing... NightHawk tried to break my whole body. Its not the worst coaster ever but its really bad... But still an awesome ride!

And ine last thing... NightHawk tried to break my whole body. Its not the worst coaster ever but its really bad... But still an awesome ride!

If a ride "tried to break my whole body", it probably wouldn't fall into my "awesome ride" category.

So I made it to Carowinds at 8:15 and got the after 4pm ticket because I am dieing to ride Fury and just finsihed a 6 hour drive so why not? I rode Fury 3x and it is amazing! It has fast transitions like Maverick and airtime I could almost compare to an Intamin. Its not no Skyrush or El Toro airtime but its great airtime! Im going tomorrow for the full day. I will be weareing a shirt that says size matters and shows Kingda Ka on it. If you run into me say hi. I shall also post a full trip report soon. And ine last thing... NightHawk tried to break my whole body. Its not the worst coaster ever but its really bad... But still an awesome ride!

AWESOME! I'll be there as well all day! Fury 325 is calling my name. I guess there'll be plenty of TPR members there today. This is going to be fun! I hope all enjoy themselves and be safe! Today's the day TPR members (first timers) take over the park! Trip report will soon follow!