TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

My only complaint with the Fast Lane system at Carowinds was the location of a few of the fast lane queues. It was somewhat uncomfortable walking past people that were irritated with waiting in line for so long. As I walked past some of the people in line they would take their frustration out by yelling at us or making rude comments as I walked past. I just had to keep reminding myself that they have the same opportunity to purchase this perk.

I've never understood this as well, they act as if the park picked you specially to have them, I had the same experience with my sister last year at SFGAm, After dropping almost $220 on a platinum flash pass, I got fed up at one point with the rude and snide remarks and I said back to them, that if they wanted to pay me $220, and trade they were more than welcome to, otherwise shut up and enjoy your hour wait.

Having a fast lane or similar system makes the park worse for everyone who doesn't have the ability to pay for them. Proponents and users of the system want to imagine that having something like that just makes the park a little better for those willing or able to pay for it without affecting anything else, but that's not the case. Every person without fast lane or whatever various parks want to call their equivalent system is having to wait just a little bit longer for likely already long waits because if there are only 6 rows of a ride open to GP instead of 8, that limits the capacity of general admission guests getting through.

Many Americans accept that for events like concerts or sporting events, if you can afford them at all, every person has a select seat and the better seats are going to cost more. But it's painful when one more aspect of America goes to a system that rewards more well off people while lessening the enjoyment of people who don't have that much to spend. When I was younger it was pay admission and enjoy the park. Now it's more than you can pay admission, but unless you pay for a special service that is unaffordable you will be held in what feels like a cattle pen in the hot sun while see other, more important people go ahead of you. I can accept long lines if they are organic and that's just because so many people want to ride. It's a bit harder to accept knowing that the line is so long partially because more important people than you are getting priority boarding.

My only complaint with the Fast Lane system at Carowinds was the location of a few of the fast lane queues. It was somewhat uncomfortable walking past people that were irritated with waiting in line for so long. As I walked past some of the people in line they would take their frustration out by yelling at us or making rude comments as I walked past. I just had to keep reminding myself that they have the same opportunity to purchase this perk.

I've never understood this as well, they act as if the park picked you specially to have them, I had the same experience with my sister last year at SFGAm, After dropping almost $220 on a platinum flash pass, I got fed up at one point with the rude and snide remarks and I said back to them, that if they wanted to pay me $220, and trade they were more than welcome to, otherwise shut up and enjoy your hour wait.

Way to show those poor people! Who are they to expect an enjoyable park experience when there are people in the park with more money?

Way to show those poor people! Who are they to expect an enjoyable park experience when there are people in the park with more money?

I'm far from rich, but I knew I only had two days to enjoy myself, so I splurged.. I went to Magic Mountain on a Saturday, I had no other choice, and couldn't afford a flash pass so I sucked it up and waited in line, I didn't take it out on the people who could afford a flash pass, just because I couldn't.

I'm far from rich, but I knew I only had two days to enjoy myself, so I splurged.. I went to Magic Mountain on a Saturday, I had no other choice, and couldn't afford a flash pass so I sucked it up and waited in line, I didn't take it out on the people who could afford a flash pass, just because I couldn't.

Having a fast lane or similar system makes the park worse for everyone who doesn't have the ability to pay for them. Proponents and users of the system want to imagine that having something like that just makes the park a little better for those willing or able to pay for it without affecting anything else, but that's not the case. Every person without fast lane or whatever various parks want to call their equivalent system is having to wait just a little bit longer for likely already long waits because if there are only 6 rows of a ride open to GP instead of 8, that limits the capacity of general admission guests getting through.

Many Americans accept that for events like concerts or sporting events, if you can afford them at all, every person has a select seat and the better seats are going to cost more. But it's painful when one more aspect of America goes to a system that rewards more well off people while lessening the enjoyment of people who don't have that much to spend. When I was younger it was pay admission and enjoy the park. Now it's more than you can pay admission, but unless you pay for a special service that is unaffordable you will be held in what feels like a cattle pen in the hot sun while see other, more important people go ahead of you. I can accept long lines if they are organic and that's just because so many people want to ride. It's a bit harder to accept knowing that the line is so long partially because more important people than you are getting priority boarding.

They're getting priority boarding after paying for it, it would be completely different if they were getting to skip the line for free, it sucks having to wait, but it is what is.

They're getting priority boarding after paying for it, it would be completely different if they were getting to skip the line for free, it sucks having to wait, but it is what is.

Yes, I get that people have paid for the perk they are getting, and I don't really blame those for doing so if they are able. It makes sense. I just hate the system in the first place, hate that its become another place where society gets stratified when it used to not be that way, and I can't claim that I would be all that gracious to people being paraded in front of me who are having both a better day than me even after I spent a good amount of money.

Paying a lot of money for a better experience is a choice that some make, but keep in mind that for many waiting in line, it's not like they made a "choice" to have a worse experience, paying that much is simply not an option so there is no choice involved.

Yes, I get that people have paid for the perk they are getting, and I don't really blame those for doing so if they are able. It makes sense. I just hate the system in the first place, hate that its become another place where society gets stratified when it used to not be that way, and I can't claim that I would be all that gracious to people being paraded in front of me who are having both a better day than me even after I spent a good amount of money.

Paying a lot of money for a better experience is a choice that some make, but keep in mind that for many waiting in line, it's not like they made a "choice" to have a worse experience, paying that much is simply not an option so there is no choice involved.

I'm going to admit when I'm at a park and I don't have the extra money for fast lane or fast pass, I do get annoyed or maybe the more proper word is jealous, but at the same time, I just shake it off, because I'm not going to let something like that ruin my day, which I feel some people do.. I mean some people can't even afford to get into parks, so just by being there I consider myself fortunate.

I'm going to admit when I'm at a park and I don't have the extra money for fast lane or fast pass, I do get annoyed or maybe the more proper word is jealous, but at the same time, I just shake it off, because I'm not going to let something like that ruin my day, which I feel some people do.. I mean some people can't even afford to get into parks, so just by being there I consider myself fortunate.

Yes, some people can't afford to go to parks, which makes it more painful for those who can barely afford it to pay that much and still be given a second class treatment.

A vast majority of park goers do have a choice to get Fast Lane or Fast Lane Plus, if they so choose. Just sacrifice the daily Starbucks or put away some change. I've never used Fast Lane or Fast Lane plus, despite easily being able to afford it. Let's not start feeling bad about those that don't get it, or we should start feeling for the people that can't afford to make it out to the park at all. With Cedar Fair buying all these high capacity B&M's, it's kinda offsetting the added wait from Fast Lane anyways.

I love theme parks as much as the next guy

You were right! That's some wicked foresight.

If you can barley afford to go to a park then you probably shouldn't be going in the first place.. I love theme parks as much as the next guy, but they're definitely a want and not a need in life.

Yes, people who have limited incomes shouldn't get to have fun. Theme parks should only be for the rich, as they were designed to be.

Here is my 2 cents. As I've gotten older, I can't stand in long lines anymore. So it's a matter of. Enjoying a full day of coasters. Or spending 4 hours on 3 rides then I'm done. For that reason, I pony up for the fast lane passes (when it's in my budget).

A vast majority of park goers do have a choice to get Fast Lane or Fast Lane Plus, if they so choose. Just sacrifice the daily Starbucks or put away some change. I've never used Fast Lane or Fast Lane plus, despite easily being able to afford it. Let's not start feeling bad about those that don't get it, or we should start feeling for the people that can't afford to make it out to the park at all. With Cedar Fair buying all these high capacity B&M's, it's kinda offsetting the added wait from Fast Lane anyways.

I've sacrificed daily Starbucks, non-packed lunches, beef jerky, and just about every other unnecessary expense so I can take my vacation trip to 4 parks this summer and that's if I escape some sort of misfortune between now and July. I know the value of saving better than many and I find it both laughable and insulting that some think its so easy to get ahead.

I just got back from a trip that included Six Flags Over Georgia and two visits to Carowinds a few minutes ago. Fury 325 is absolutely spectacular! It is without question the best coaster I've ridden in either the US or Canada. Anyone who has a chance to arrange their affairs to ride this coaster needs to do it. It is a masterpiece.

I've sacrificed daily Starbucks, non-packed lunches, beef jerky, and just about every other unnecessary expense so I can take my vacation trip to 4 parks this summer and that's if I escape some sort of misfortune between now and July. I know the value of saving better than many and I find it both laughable and insulting that some think its so easy to get ahead.

It is easier for some people to save money than others, I save at least $100 out of every paycheck, so if that means no eating out for a week or two, and only spending money IF I have to, then I get to reap the benefits of that, does that make me a bad person??

I just got back from a trip that included Six Flags Over Georgia and two visits to Carowinds a few minutes ago. Fury 325 is absolutely spectacular! It is without question the best coaster I've ridden in either the US or Canada. Anyone who has a chance to arrange their affairs to ride this coaster needs to do it. It is a masterpiece.

Of the B&M hypers which did you prefer?? Goliath or Intimidator??

This thread is quickly becoming a Marxist debate.... If you can't get FL+ or the equivalent then thats a bummer for you. Should that exclude others from having the ability to buy it? No, it should not. Without FL+ I would've only been able to ride Fury and Intimidator once each last Saturday. I ended up riding Fury 7 times, Afterburn 3 times, Intimidator 2 times, etc. I fully support the system.

If you want to skip the line, then buy it! If you don't think it's worth the price, then don't buy it! But for the love of god, stop complaining!! I'm not going to tell you how to save money, no one is excluding you from using this system. I really don't get why people hate it so much, get over it!

Personally, I love that I have the option to get to do as much as I want at a theme park, especially if it's one that I rarely or never visit! The fastlane system gets rid of so much headache and stress of trying to cram in a whole theme park while dealing with lines! I wish CP had it the last time I visited

Definitely Goliath. Goliath is fun from start to finish, and the 3 awesome bunny hills at the end really push it over for me. Intimidator is a very fun ride but the fun really ends at the MCBR. I do like the airtime on Intimidator's larger hills though.

Having said that, Fury 325 is on another level entirely. Several people have commented that it doesn't even feel like a B&M coaster they're right in some respects. It is MUCH more aggressive than any other B&M speed coaster and definitely more fun. The layout is absolutely brilliant. Most of the time you get off of a coaster and think "I'd change X, Y and Z" but there really are no discernable weaknesses with Fury 325. Bizarro is the only hyper that can come close to delivering the same ride experience but the current restraints completely suck, so until that changes Fury 325 is my #1.

Definitely Goliath. Goliath is fun from start to finish, and the 3 awesome bunny hills at the end really push it over for me. Intimidator is a very fun ride but the fun really ends at the MCBR. I do like the airtime on Intimidator's larger hills though.

Having said that, Fury 325 is on another level entirely. Several people have commented that it doesn't even feel like a B&M coaster they're right in some respects. It is MUCH more aggressive than any other B&M speed coaster and definitely more fun. The layout is absolutely brilliant. Most of the time you get off of a coaster and think "I'd change X, Y and Z" but there really are no discernable weaknesses with Fury 325. Bizarro is the only hyper that can come close to delivering the same ride experience but the current restraints completely suck, so until that changes Fury 325 is my #1.

I haven't gotten to ride Fury yet.. But I totally agree with Goliath being better, I was disappointed by Intmitador in 2011 and 2012, maybe when I get to go back it'll be better