TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

I feel like this debate is happening on almost every forum for a park getting a new coaster for 2015, i.e Baron at Efteling.

It's not just a roller coaster thing:

"The Subaru WRX is the best car ever."

"I like the Subaru WRX, but it's not as good as the VW Golf R."

"The Subaru WRX may not be as good as the Golf R, but that doesn't mean it's not a great car. It's just not my favorite."

"The Subaru WRX is a very lackluster car. There are so many better cars like the VW Golf R."

"How can you say the Subaru WRX is a lackluster car, just because it's not as good as the Golf R?"

"Guys, let's not argue about who makes the best car. I think we can all enjoy a Subaru WRX, even if it's not as good as a Golf R. Just because the Subaru WRX isn't the best car in the world, that doesn't mean that they won't sell or that people won't enjoy them."

"I love Golf R's, but Subaru WRX's are my favorite, because they don't break down as much as the Golf R." (sound familiar?!?)

"I'm tired of everyone arguing about how the Golf R is better than the Subaru WRX. Can't we all just be car enthusiasts???"

Discussion boards are becoming places where you voice your opinion and either people agree with you, or people try to tell you why your own personal opinion is wrong, regardless of consideration for personal perspective. A lot of us are guilty of this from time to time, myself included. This thread has become less about releasing information in reference to Fury 325 and has become more directed toward arguing about arguing.

Now... as for what I said earlier, despite my obvious admitted poor use of vocabulary (writing police reports makes you dumb*er), I wasn't trying to be argumentative at all. What I meant to say is I just don't understand how some people can balance having a great time while placing such an emphasis on trying to analyze the ride and event. However, like I said, everyone is different. I find it difficult to enjoy myself when I'm trying to be critical of rides and parks. That being said, the type of people you want at a media day are probably the type of people who would try their best to voice their unbiased opinions to project a realistic account of a ride. I would have a difficult time wearing my 'vacation from reality' hat with my 'critic' hat. I have parks/rides that I like and parks/rides which I do not, but beyond that I try not to take this hobby too seriously.

• Like 1

The only nitpick is the "standard Cedar Fair design" of the entrance and well, all of their structures, still doesn't really inspire a warm welcome with a ton of fun or wonder in store. If they're looking for non-offending, clean, safe, generic in a new college dorm or government building kinda way--I think they've nailed it.

I honestly think that's exactly what they are going for. Call me boring, but I actually prefer it, which is why I enjoy Cedar Fair parks.

"I love Golf R's, but Subaru WRX's are my favorite, because they don't break down as much as the Golf R." (sound familiar?!?)

Hey! I get the joke!

The only nitpick is the "standard Cedar Fair design" of the entrance and well, all of their structures, still doesn't really inspire a warm welcome with a ton of fun or wonder in store. If they're looking for non-offending, clean, safe, generic in a new college dorm or government building kinda way--I think they've nailed it.

I honestly think that's exactly what they are going for. Call me boring, but I actually prefer it, which is why I enjoy Cedar Fair parks.

Yes, it appears that the chain is going for a more "uniform" look to their park entrances. Personally, I wouldn't mind if Kings Dominion's entrance was redone someday (it's stuck in the 1970s), and Kings Island's entrance is just "blah."

i was at the media day and thought the ride was A+. LOTS of speed in the first half (eyes will water like crazy in the front row), and lots of airtime in the second half. new entrance plaza is terrific, very similar to the re-vamped entrance at cedar point with gatekeeper flying by overhead. in conclusion, carowinds has got a winner on their hands. i wonder how much attendance will go up this season? 10%+?

The staggered seating is a huge gimmick in my opinion. It looks pretty cool, but it seems like it adds a lot of unnecessary length and weight to the trains. I'd bet that a nine- or even ten-car train with the traditional four-across weighs the same or less than an eight-car staggered one, and would still be shorter in length. You could get eight extra seats!

I would be nice to have that extra row, but I'm confident B&M have their reasons (like extra speed creating more chassis vibration or some such thing). Assigned seating tends to be a thing with newer Cedar Fair coasters, but you won't catch me dead in those 'mine train' rows, lmao.

My current plan is to be at Carowinds during E3 so I can just binge on game content the day I get back.

I'm not going to dig 20 pages back, but I really really really hope everyone claiming this ride would have a one hour wait on opening day "because Carowinds never gets busy" has their crow on the plate.

LINK REMOVED - We do not support this group, sorry.

Edited by robbalvey

I'm not going to dig 20 pages back, but I really really really hope everyone claiming this ride would have a one hour wait on opening day "because Carowinds never gets busy" has their crow on the plate.

Exactly how many hours would you say that line is??

Edited by robbalvey

Twitter reports are saying they waited right around 2 hours.

Edited by robbalvey

Twitter reports are saying they waited right around 2 hours.

That dosent sound so bad for an opening of a new coaster, hell some coasters have 2 hours wait all the time at certain parks.

Edited by robbalvey

I said the line may approach two hours, and it did. The longest wait today was two hours.

Edited by robbalvey

Everyone knows that the "opening day" of a ride is never representative of what the line will be like later in the season. For Banshee and Gatekeeper opening days, the line was reported to be about four hours when I was there. When we went back later in the season, Banshee was about 30-45 minutes and Gatekeeper was about an hour. Granted we were there mid-week, but still...