TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

Sooo...someone is feeding a "thunder road is on the chopping block" rumor to screamscape...hummmmm...

I've wondered why they never finished re tracking the ride. Seems unlikely that they would fix half of the ride only to scrap the whole thing two seasons later, though. I would much rather see them finish the refurb, much better than the other woodie IMO...

Just a few more days until opening

CAyTIZnWYAApP_9.jpg:large

Via Mike's Twitter the sign is in place in the new plaza.

CAyTIZoWcAAGNON.jpg:large

It looks like they've added all the counties from both SC and NC states in the area as well. That's a nice touch. I think it was in the old entrance too tho .

Holy crap it's Cedar Point 2.0!

I thought Media Day wasn't until the 25th?

CA0XiL_UsAETtS5.jpg:large

Maybe that first rider auction thing? Or was that for after media day?

Anyhow, it isn't too often than 100% of the riders have a huge smile across their face on the brake run. Regardless if this coaster lives up the nit-picky, ridiculous, and in some cases flat out unrealistic (Ejector airtime? Really? Are you aware of the manufacturer?), the ultimate goal of roller coasters is to be flat out fun, making you feel like a kid again; and it looks like this coaster does it better than just about any other in the world.

In my book, that's the best measure of success. Right on, Carowinds/Bolliger&Mabillard. Right on.

Maybe that first rider auction thing? Or was that for after media day?

Anyhow, it isn't too often than 100% of the riders have a huge smile across their face on the brake run. Regardless if this coaster lives up the nit-picky, ridiculous, and in some cases flat out realistic (Ejector airtime? Really? Are you aware of the manufacturer?), the ultimate goal of roller coasters is to be flat out fun, making you feel like a kid again; and it looks like this coaster does it better than just about any other in the world.

In my book, that's the best measure of success. Right on, Carowinds/Bolliger&Mabillard. Right on.

1. This was not the first rider auction because there would have been an empty seat in the front row.

2. You have to remember that those people probably aren't enthusiasts, so their smiles probably aren't an accurate measurement of how good the ride was for enthusiasts.

I think we've got a winner for best Cedar Fair coaster entrance. Additionally, judging by the riders in the picture (who I assume are employees or family members assisting with employee training) Fury 325 looks like it is going to be an absolute hit among Carowinds visitors. I really wish I could make it to Carowinds to ride Fury 325 this year, but it's looking unlikely. At the moment, a Carowinds/Dollywood trip is priority number one for me in 2016.

WOW. can't wait. Maggiekat and I are all set, we are flying out of Vegas on Thursday. Going to make the preview night and all day on Saturday. YAY (Maggs is still under the impression that we are going to SFOG, boy will she be surprised)

I love immersive theming, but I also just love stylised rides like Cedar Fair do. It looks so slick with the sign and the hexagonal honeycomb aesthetic running through the ride in the station, on the sign, in the tunnel etc etc. Cedar Fair really know how to create a strong brand with their coasters.

I really like the Fury sign, I don't like the queve entrance sign. It's almost too over the top with lights for my tastes. I'm looking forward to the ride and new entrance though, I hope to check it out this year. Carowinds has a winner on their hands here.