TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

I think the Fury325 sign takes this years award:

2012 - Leviathan

2013 - Gatekeeper

2014 - Banshee

2015 - Fury325

Considering this (as well as Leviathan and Banshee) is the only Cedar Fair new coaster for the year, I would sure hope it has the best sign.

This ride is really looking better and better as it gets closer to opening. I wasn't too sure how "complete" the area would look being right on top of Hurler's turnaround in a massive pit of mud all the way around the entrance, but in recent Cedar Fair fashion, they've really made a nice looking area and staged it well to look like the destination of a $30 million dollar investment (which still blows my mind).

In the words of Rob Decker, they've created a "sense of place."

I just timed it, it took around 37-38 seconds from the lead car hitting the incline to the last car clearing the chain. Much faster than the advertised 63 seconds.

How long does it take Intimidator or Leviathan to reach the top? I can't find any off ride videos showing the full lift.

Based on the TPR POV of Leviathan, 50-55 seconds, and the Carowinds POV of Intimidator would indicate around 40 seconds. Obviously the lift chain can operate at variable speeds for all of these coasters, though. The next train I timed for Fury was around 40 seconds, so either I was off or it takes a hair longer with the weight of the dummies.

I think the Fury325 sign takes this years award:

2012 - Leviathan

2013 - Gatekeeper

2014 - Banshee

2015 - Fury325

Considering this (as well as Leviathan and Banshee) is the only Cedar Fair new coaster for the year, I would sure hope it has the best sign.

There are other parks out there adding new coasters, I never said this was a Cedar Fair countdown. If it was, there is still the Rougarou sign to compete with.

Based on the TPR POV of Leviathan, 50-55 seconds, and the Carowinds POV of Intimidator would indicate around 40 seconds. Obviously the lift chain can operate at variable speeds for all of these coasters, though. The next train I timed for Fury was around 40 seconds, so either I was off or it takes a hair longer with the weight of the dummies.

Still fairly fast for a chain. Does anyone know how steep the lift is? That way we would be able to calculate (roughly) its length and the chain speed.

By the say, aren't chains supposed to get a bit inefficient with such tall rides? I assume B&M found a way round that if that's the case, though.

I heard the number 36.5 degrees tossed around sometime before the ride was announced last summer. Can't say for sure if that is correct, but I think it seems realistic.

Looking at the pictures I would agree that it seems to be somewhere in the range 35-40 degrees. Definetely not 45 degrees.