TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

Is that switchback queue actually covered?! If so, Cedar Fair has my respect for that. It gets hot as blazes in that park due to the lack of trees, so covered queues are a must. Hope they have some mist fans there too. Waiting on concrete in the hot, humid Carolina sun isn't the most fun in the world. (Probably helps drink sales, though!)

Jeez you Carowinds locals better really appreciate having a park like this. Six Flags has done a much better job in the last few years, but you're not going to get anything to the level of Fury, with such a vision for where the park is going. Even the details like the lift lights and tunnel lights. Really jealous and I look forward to seeing more impressive stuff at Cedar Fair parks in the future.

Jeez you Carowinds locals better really appreciate having a park like this. Six Flags has done a much better job in the last few years, but you're not going to get anything to the level of Fury, with such a vision for where the park is going. Even the details like the lift lights and tunnel lights. Really jealous and I look forward to seeing more impressive stuff at Cedar Fair parks in the future.

I just love what they've done with this park in the last few years. They already had a nice park with a world class inverted coaster and a very good Vekoma flyer but to add in massive new rides like Intimidator, Windseeker (I love these, shut up) and now Fury 325, update the entire entrance area, add Harmony Hall, start expanding their previously horrible waterpark, do a complete re-track of their racing coaster and make general improvements everywhere they've really taken this place to the next level and turned it into a destination park.

Watching the webcams really put a smile on my face. All the work that goes into getting a park ready for a new season is . . . well . . . amazing! The concrete is being poured. Parking lot is almost finished. It seems as if they're adding grass around Fury. I know many people are going to miss the old entrance, but you guys have to admit this new entrance plaza is SPECTACULAR! When I visited Cedar Point for the first time in 2013, the entrance was great. Carowinds is going in the right direction. And I hope the other Cedar Fair parks will receive the same treatment in the future.

^ Exactly!! I was just thinking the same thing. I mean, that's not too bad that his "small park" has FOURTEEN coasters, and the last 2 were a 232-foot hyper and a 325-foot giga! Yep, sounds real small to me.

Fury looks pretty awesome, and I certainly hope to ride it sooner rather than later! That newly remodeled front gate area looks fantastic as well!

Carowind's is a good size with a lot of space to grow. Cedar Fair purchased additional land that they are not using yet. Look forward to some great things at Carowinds. Not saying that they don't already. It is a great park.